Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ChaosMUD? (1990's DikuMUD)

theiceyone

So 20 years since (or more? Todd? I am bad with dates).  Anyone from ChaosMUD still out there?

I stumbled upon W101 and once I looked at the credits I nearly fell off my stool in my kitchen. WOW.  And for months I had watched my kids play and thought "Wow, that's familiar... and Falmea? Hey wait a minute... no way"  and then Todd confirmed that yes, that was the Falmea named for my Immortal on ChaosMUD (but I was Todd's favorite punching bag mortal Icey - all in fondly remembered good fun and humor).

Love to reconnect with the old crowd....  

Maya =)

:ph34r: ChaosMUD Icey - Flamey - The Original Falmea   :ph34r:  W101: A few wizards you don't know  :ph34r:

:rolleyes: digital antagonist since 1981 - @mayaREguru  :rolleyes:  

To be honest, I wish I gotten into MUDs back then, I've only played a few times in my life, but it never stuck. I know I remember Zork and all that though. The whole "multiplayer" thing never got inside me until probably MMOs like EQ, SB, AO, Ryzom, WoW (this is when it seriously became a problem for me!). I played Starcraft pretty regularly throughout high school though. So maybe that's when it started.

To be honest, I wish I gotten into MUDs back then, I've only played a few times in my life, but it never stuck. I know I remember Zork and all that though. The whole "multiplayer" thing never got inside me until probably MMOs like EQ, SB, AO, Ryzom, WoW (this is when it seriously became a problem for me!). I played Starcraft pretty regularly throughout high school though. So maybe that's when it started.

Omg, thanks for the instant flashback... umm Xyzzy?  Was that it? Got my first IBM PC in 1981 and Zork was awesome.  Yay for Text and Ascii. =)

Chaos was great since it was where i first met Todd, Josef, Mark and company. =)  Good stuff. Great times.  And amazing game, and they were remarkable then, and I am not at all surprised where they all ended up. =) 

Something to be said for text based for imagination and creativity.  =) 

:ph34r: ChaosMUD Icey - Flamey - The Original Falmea   :ph34r:  W101: A few wizards you don't know  :ph34r:

:rolleyes: digital antagonist since 1981 - @mayaREguru  :rolleyes:  

I played Medievia for a while (and, later, Blackfire MUD). The former was based off of Diku if I recall correctly. Good times!

just an Eldreth