Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anhasia

Will Different Armors Have Varying Appearances?

As the title asks -- will the appearance of our characters change depending on our armors? Will there be armor types -- such as light/med/heavy or cloth/leather/plate? I haven't seen anything that confirms or denies this, but it's something I really need to know. Arranging different appearances of armors is always a big thing for me. Or will this only be a cosmetic shop feature?

Sorry, I didn't exactly specify. I've seen the color variations, but I was asking more along the lines of armor designs. Or will only colors be changeable?

EDIT: I've seen this but didn't notice there are armor "ranks" that have minor variations between rank.

Will there be only the no armor/3 ranks, then, and no variation aside from color between characters? Will the cosmetic shop (the Arcane set we got through KS?) offer further customization for armor?

Edited by Anhasia

We don't know if a Knight can equip say cloth and look like something other than a Knight. Or it's just knight looking plate of some design variety

Edited by oberon

We don't know if a Knight can equip say cloth and look like something other than a Knight. Or it's just knight looking plate of some design variety

Given the emphasis on archetypes having themes, if they have armor classes then I'm pretty willing to bet that most archetypes will be locked into an armor class. (Perhaps access to heavier ones with disciplines or promotion classes?)

The armor class question was separate from looks. I phrased my question pretty awkwardly. ^^;

I was trying to ask if there will be separate classes of armor that have different base statistics and such, or if all archetypes will use the same armor made from the same recipes. ie everyone uses the example given of the 3 ingot 1 leather 1 cloth helmet.

Edited by Anhasia

All armor will look the same no matter if it is light/medium/heavy. This isn't some big gaming company like EA they ain't got time or resources to make different armor skins....

"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

All armor will look the same no matter if it is light/medium/heavy. This isn't some big gaming company like EA they ain't got time or resources to make different armor skins....

But what if I'm naked? Will I still have my pretty robes?

mael4.jpg

So, ya, don't expect to see plate, scale, chain and leather armors on a knight, for example. More than likely going to be locked into heavy plate armor, as the concept art shows, with its particular look based on how its made and what its made of. Of course, its subject to change, based on future funding and stretch goals. They might be able to afford more artists under their wings to give us some options, as long as it doesn't sacrifice gameplay.

Given enough time and funding they'd probably like to differentiate armor skins between scale, plate, chain, etc but currently it's not a big focus, they still have a game to make XD. I certainly would like them too, I'd like to know what I'm up against.

Bone will suck, chitin will be considered weird but stylish, and composite will own all until RIS becomes a thing.

Oh wait, sorry, my nostalgic sorrow got the better of me.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

The more important question is whether the same type or armor will have enough different styles because it seems that, for example, some archetypes will only be able to wear plate, and if the whole of visual customization boils down to what has been shown in that concept art material, that is, laughably minor differences between armor sets and color changes, it's going to be -extremely- disappointing. 

Edited by Mookzen