Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vstubbs

Gender Locked?

Will we see cow girls? Holstarus? whatever you want to call them? I know Minotaurs were male only in shadowbane but I am curious if we are sticking with that in crowfall.

Is every Archetype forum going to have a thread titled "Gender..." at the top of it?  This is growing to become a pet peeve of mine.  Don't be intimidated by my rudeness OP, you're not the one who made all of these threads after all.

I feel that people are becoming too focused on the gender of archetypes.  Sure, it's a thing.  But I am hungry for more diverse discussion on what we can expect from archetypes in a lore and mechanical stand point.

I'm tired of seeing discussions of guys vs gals.  Gah!

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Is every Archetype forum going to have a thread titled "Gender..." at the top of it?  This is growing to become a pet peeve of mine.  Don't be intimidated by my rudeness OP, you're not the one who made all of these threads after all.

I feel that people are becoming too focused on the gender of archetypes.  Sure, it's a thing.  But I am hungry for more diverse discussion on what we can expect from archetypes in a lore and mechanical stand point.

A million times this. It's not important. Really. 

I completely agree. It's especially bizarre in the case of the Assassin. A full page story about how they kill all their men. Go to the Assassin page and people are talking about male assassins... >_>

I completely agree. It's especially bizarre in the case of the Assassin. A full page story about how they kill all their men. Go to the Assassin page and people are talking about male assassins... >_>

Especially when the devs have directly said that other archetypes will be able to play as assassins, just not as the assassin archetype.

What makes you guys think the minotaur is not female?

If that's how she applies concealer she needs to rethink her life decisions. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

What makes you guys think the minotaur is not female?

Oh I don't know, might be the lack of teats/breasts(I'm not sure which a female minotaur would have tbh..).. or the fact that the concept mino is not the most feminine fellow.

Member of The BlackHand Order

Personally.

I would love female "Minotaurs".

But heck.

They would need to be mostly human, to be eyesight worthy.

Imagine a female cow .. like that minotaur. Ugghh...

There's a reason why female minotaurs are mostly pictured in a more human form, just with tails and ears and horns.

(and big bust sizes ...)

The "realistic" kind is just grotesq, except for a minority.

Atleast that is what i think.

For races like centaur its easyer, as they have both gender in a specific kind of look.

Which makes them more "chivalrous/knighty".

Minotaur male... is so goodloooking brute macho hulky.

What would a female look like:

a. that macholike too

b. cute with huge bust size and human features

c. cute with more animailstic features?

d. like a cow?

I am all about the RP and generally in love with specific fantasy races.

But i only can shiver, when i think about the possibilties that could be a female centaur.

And that ... before all the sexist screaming feemdom xD.

Thats the deal.

People don't want a true translation of the concept, because if they did it would look something grotesque and not beautiful, and not charismatic. Its a monster.

Monsters are big mean and ugly. Monster-Women traditionally aren't made that way in games, because they want their game to look a certain level of appealing without any outliers.

So personally, I could do without female minotaurs because they wouldn't really be true to form anyway. They'd be some sort of artistic business style/brand compromise.

I'm a fan of grotesque art styles, and I think it makes for effective art when used well. But...thats not something people should be willing to risk 'the dream' game for right?

There's no real way to please the angle that wants to work the feminism/equality angle because that crowd LOVES to whine and be unaccountable.

Edited by Zomnivore