Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rs_navlaan

What's Your Favorite Ost (For A Game)?

Lots of honourable mentions, I think the Elder Scrolls IV soundtrack might be my all time favourite though. Jeremy Soule is the man. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8m78N9Z-vw

Nice, I should try and beat Oblivion at some point. I usually get bored of playing single player games, but Oblivion and Morrowwind seem very good! I've never played Skyrim, but it also looks good.

EOWWuhQ.png 

Nice, I should try and beat Oblivion at some point. I usually get bored of playing single player games, but Oblivion and Morrowwind seem very good! I've never played Skyrim, but it also looks good.

Definitely! If fantasy is your thing, then you owe yourself the Elder Scrolls experience.

This is insanely hard.  I loved the Halo 2 music, and pretty much every BioWare game, AoC, WoW, Journey...

...but this is going to have to go to Grim Fandango.  Which is also my favorite adventure style game ever.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

#1 is a tie between WildStar and Aion for me. Overall soundtrack would be WildStar, but my favorite song is Forgotten Sorry from Aion. Answers from FFXIV is amazing as well. 

#1 is a tie between WildStar and Aion for me. Overall soundtrack would be WildStar, but my favorite song is Forgotten Sorry from Aion. Answers from FFXIV is amazing as well. 

Wildstar's OST is glorious. I have this song from it on my favorite playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-FWz0Ra9ak

I think overall though my favorite soundtracks from games are from games I enjoyed when I was younger; I really enjoy the original Banjo-Kazooie OST for example, it's just very upbeat and enjoyable. That and the OST for Legend of Dragoon might be my personal favorites. Both of those, but especially LoD's, bring back such vivid memories of the game and the exact scenes where I heard the music.

Here's the full Legend of Dragoon OST for anyone interested, I know the song at 26:57 is a big fan favorite for those who have played the game before (possibly my favorite game of all time as well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzXuyzrMxow

Currently Playing - Dirty Bomb, Archeage, & Skyforge

AMEqAAy.jpg

If I had to only pick one it would have to be the OST from Final Fantasy 11. The Cosmic Wheel is my favorite track of all time, at this point in my life.

Also I big fan of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker OST. I very much enjoy Celtic-ish style music.

My biggest nostalgia OST would be from Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, because it was actually the first OST I ever got, it was part of a collectors edition, and I still have the CD in all its beat up, scratched up glory and every now and then will pop it into a CD player about a dozen times until it actually reads it and give it a listen. Despite the rose tinted glasses I look at the OST through it is a pretty good OST in its own right.

If I had to only pick one it would have to be the OST from Final Fantasy 11. The Cosmic Wheel is my favorite track of all time, at this point in my life.

Also I big fan of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker OST. I very much enjoy Celtic-ish style music.

My biggest nostalgia OST would be from Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, because it was actually the first OST I ever got, it was part of a collectors edition, and I still have the CD in all its beat up, scratched up glory and every now and then will pop it into a CD player about a dozen times until it actually reads it and give it a listen. Despite the rose tinted glasses I look at the OST through it is a pretty good OST in its own right.

Oh man, I definitely loved the FF11 music, and the game. I usually only play games for PvP, but man, that game is still my favorite. the community was amazing, the quests were in depth, the story was great, the world was massive, and the bosses/notorious monsters were tough.I had hoped FF14 was going to be like 11 :(. Sadly the game is receiving no more updates after this year.

EOWWuhQ.png 

If I'm limited to a single game I'd say Persona 3 takes the cake.

If I'm allowed to choose a series it would be the Atelier games, especially the games that came after Iris 3.

I honestly don't like soundtracks that include too much "generic" tripple A orchestras. They sound great for the game they were made for and the scenes they play in but they usually don't stick around as long in my playlists or in my head even if I enjoyed them in the game.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

Final Fantasy OSTs still get me with a wave of nostalgia listening to them.  

Other than that, the soundtracks to Hotline Miami and Fallout: New Vegas are great, though they're less orchestrated and more a collection of songs.

I regularly listen to the Nier soundtrack, and I've never played the game. I found it one day, and have loved it ever since.

"The horror, the horror."

Currently looking for guild! Resume and references provided on request. 

There's are plenty of songs I like that....what, I only get to pick one?

hmmmmm, Its hard to say...

probably a Tie between some FFXIV primal fights and Legend of Zelda (Hyrule Warriors has a few amazing remixes)

some honorable mentions:

Kingdom Hearts

Wildstar (Dominion Capital FTW)

Dynasty Warriors

"Tales Of" series - mostly nostalgia though

MMOs I've Played:

WoW (up to LichKing) - GW2 - FFXIV (Beta) - ESO (Beta)  - Wildstar -