Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pvp101

Magicbane Wiping?

I get so ticked when people say that.

The reason folks made such a big deal about QFT and their duped FC gear is because not everyone had it.

really?

in OPP we had tons of it...easily bought and traded at sdr....some cities jad huts full for display and sometimes trade....

hell...King Stevens collection dwarfed anything I ever saw in either OPP or QFT....

just sayin...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Also that was a nice strawman you slew, but QFT nor I am selling anything.  Congrats on your brevity there though, barely a paragraph and yet you still managed to drag your sandy vag all over the place.  Impressive.

Friendly trash talking is fun and all, but I'm not sure we need to start resorting to personal attacks. You're better than that, BSR.

QFT had KOS on all of their huts so you couldn't talk to the vendors. I remember this pretty specifically because one of my guild members brought a stealther there and found one that didn't have KOS and the thing was literally stuffed full of FC gear. Pages upon pages of equipment. I recall there being a big forum post about it even.

I'm not denying QFT was a quality guild full of very competent players. Plenty of people had FC gear, and plenty of people duped. Most of the guilds at a competitive level in QFT's era had duped FC gear themselves. In my time playing the game though, I'd never seen anything even close to the amount and quality of FC gear that QFT had. 

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

Yep it certainly is sad when people have to cheat and exploit at a game. 

. Plenty of people had FC gear, and plenty of people duped. Most of the guilds at a competitive level in QFT's era had duped FC gear themselves. 

Yep lots of people 'cheated or exploited' and virtually everyone on Mourning benefited from duped goods.   it was just the way it was.  The difference was we had more to dupe than most but less than some.  It was years ago.  Most of our FC gear was bought after we arrived on the server as it was the only original launch server and everything from the early days was already duped too heck.  Hulin'agels and Kodors chains for everybody.  

Yep lots of people 'cheated or exploited' and virtually everyone on Mourning benefited from duped goods.   it was just the way it was.  The difference was we had more to dupe than most but less than some.  It was years ago.  Most of our FC gear was bought after we arrived on the server as it was the only original launch server and everything from the early days was already duped too heck.  Hulin'agels and Kodors chains for everybody.  

And I was sitting around holding my junk in one hand, and my "Halethrain's Hope Render" in the other. It was literally a Legendary Great Sword of Alacrity. BUT MORLOCH GAVE IT TO ME PERSONALLY SO THERE!

My buddy Goretash actually figured out how to dupe way back near the beginning and ended up duping the crap out of the Amulet of Chaos. So we have him to thank for that one. Even though I knew the guy from age 5, he didn't even tell me he duped it, so I never even got one.

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

Yep it certainly is sad when people have to cheat and exploit at a game. 

To be honest, it was doomed by the developers for going with a flat file index. You can wax on all you'd like about it, but once the duped FC gear was out there it was a reality that had to be contended with. It was spilled milk. You can either sit there harping about who spilled it or do what QFT and others did and try sucking it out of the carpet.

ncLez59.png

really?

in OPP we had tons of it...easily bought and traded at sdr....some cities jad huts full for display and sometimes trade....

hell...King Stevens collection dwarfed anything I ever saw in either OPP or QFT....

just sayin...

Most <> All, Doc.

It only takes one person to get to hollering to make a big stink. :)

CF_Van.png

And I was sitting around holding my junk in one hand, and my "Halethrain's Hope Render" in the other. It was literally a Legendary Great Sword of Alacrity. BUT MORLOCH GAVE IT TO ME PERSONALLY SO THERE!

I got a 2H axe witha toothed edge on dread at a FC event that was just terrible.  I forget the stats but it waslike  Morlochs of stam proc or something but it looked so cool I used it lol.

I got a 2H axe witha toothed edge on dread at a FC event that was just terrible.  I forget the stats but it waslike  Morlochs of stam proc or something but it looked so cool I used it lol.

Mine was just a gothic great sword, so i'm still pretty jelly :(

ncLez59.png

I wouldn't have duped, but I probably would have benefited somehow from it. Even if it was contributing by buying the item and using it. I hear how cheats are used every now and then on Magicbane. I report them to Olga to be fixed. For a while, there was no one to report them to, but I try to get rid of anything that could be to my advantage because in the end, it's to everyone's detriment.

I wouldn't have duped, but I probably would have benefited somehow from it. Even if it was contributing by buying the item and using it. I hear how cheats are used every now and then on Magicbane. I report them to Olga to be fixed. For a while, there was no one to report them to, but I try to get rid of anything that could be to my advantage because in the end, it's to everyone's detriment.

I believe Magicbane adapted the original flat file index to a relational database. That alone should make duping much, much more difficult. SBEmu likely did the same. 

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

It took a while for the rest of the community to catch up to QFT's cache of FC items. There were at least two separate FC item leaks (from QFT) that took place about a year or so apart.

I played on Mourning after the final migrations with the same crew of people, off and on, from 2005 to 2007. On Redemption a number of us played in a sub-guild to QFT's predecessor, LoC (DoD). We didn't have access to any FC items at that time. We landed on Mourning in '05, formed New Grand Republic, still didn't have access to any FC items. After a hiatus, we formed GooL in '06, and acquired FC items from a leak by either Varg or Facerip. We only had access to the jewelry at this time. Sabotage was still in QFT at the time. We inevitably took another hiatus, and some of us returned to run around as The Reptilians ~07. This was when Sabotage bolted, precipitating another leak. I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that this is what precipitated Malok's epic tantrum. We got access to some more jewelry, irekei armor pieces, and FC dragon's plate that we used to make spoof HG sentinel keyclone groups.

I'm pretty sure Mir ultimately assembled the greatest trove of FC items by somehow getting his hands on all of the Dragonscale stuff. I'm not sure if Solar's axe ever got leaked; I had to stop playing in '07. I do remember that by the time that warehouse-server reset dupe came about, the FC items were everywhere. That still took a couple years.

I learned about the starting rune hack from Varg, but we could never replicate it as I think you needed that OMGWTH dude to create the characters for you. Varg had characters with insane defense from his second run in QFT that had multiple Lucky runes applied at creation. I would bring up on the forums that QFT benefited from the hack, but their board-warrior colored name brigade would always flatly deny it. Varg didn't say anything on the forums because he probably feared getting banned or something. Then someone hacked QFT's forums and made that triple TaN minotaur video, lol.

I was behind the learning curve on FC items. I only got to participate in one FC event on the Treachery server. Since my guild and JDD basically played the role of serial murderers, we actually decided to help the talking monsters, killing everyone else. Whoops.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

yeah yeah....which did indeed have 3 tan runes...

and was level one...

and had been reported...

and had never logged in....

but still some must crai like it was a big deal. ...

hey...I cannot and will not speak for anything QFT before I joined....just the stuff I saw....

and as far as that goes...I think BSR summed it up pretty well. ...

it's ok MaT.....it's almost like you are relevant. ....

almost

enjoy yer MB!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Other than the jewelry (and of course the Bow of Thurin) most of the FC gear was crap .  That dragon plate was +str and plus hp's if I remember correctly.  The only thing it was good for was SS's of high damage ranges.  4/4/2 was the only viable setup and I hope others wore the FC stuff in GVG.  The reason you didn't get any FC on Redemption when you were subbed to LoC was that we didn't have any except Dru's aforementioned but at the time un-duped dragonplate.  Everything came on Mourning either from buying it or the couple pieces from the CCR's.  When the hut dupe came everything exploded.

*checks microwave*

Poll's done!

http://magicbane.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3582

Magicbane Wipe Server Rules and Content Poll is now over! The players have decided and here are results for new server wipe.
Mapset for new server will be Vorringia.
Server Type for new server will be ARAC. This was a close Race, but ARAC has been chosen as most popular by player.
Shadowbane Version for new server chosen by players will be Latest Shadowbane Version Patch 24.3.

Thank you all for voting! We will use this system more for true popular choices.

Results page can be found here.

Please Allow us up to 1 month for wipe to assure everything is ready! However, if all goes for schedule, New Server wipe could be as soon as 2-3 weeks.

What would you say after you realized people are still complaining about Mourning duping after a decade?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg