• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pvp101

Magicbane Wiping?

ah...a double MaT post...

someone get him a clean crai towel...his keyboard is likely a mess

Again, what are you even talking about?

Everyone well knows that I will respond to messages addressed directly to me. Isn't it rude to do otherwise? Perhaps we were raised with a different value system. I myself will respond to the inquisitive who address me directly, no matter how developmentally stunted they may be. I'm glad that this makes you feel special, but really that shouldn't be the case. At least not "special" in that particular way, anyway.

Some flames for BSR, some flames for QFT, some flames for Doc, some flames for GiHunter....

As you well know, this isn't the first time that I've had to respond to a multitude of QFT members while originally only engaging one. This is why I find it a bit funny that you think I show a certain level of interest or favoritism to QFT folks and not the other way around. It seems like a number of QFT members have always been confused about certain topics that they commonly regurgitate ad nauseum. I.e., "u think about us and r irrelevant but we r going to have every QFT member using the forums at the moment to respond to you especially and individually." It is amusing to me that QFT posters cannot allow an individual QFT member to engage in a conversation with me without feeling compelled to become involved, even when they admittedly possess no direct knowledge of the relevant topic of discussion. Such a tendency does truly reek of gross insecurity, and perhaps even a lack of faith in the ability of your fellows to speak for themselves. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about the weirdness and insecurity, though - I do recall your leader having a very public meltdown, after all, threatening to hunt down SB players in real-life for giving him a little in-game grief.

I really have no ill-will toward your guild for anything political that occurred in the game. I'm very pleased with how things turned out when our respective guilds were in opposition. Prior to that, I actually played with some of you guys on Redemption long before you recruited anyone on the Mourning server who showed an interest in joining you and who possessed a pulse, and got along with several of them. There are even some core members I was on very good terms with on previous servers, like Vengeance and Treachery. What happened along the way? I possessed the willingness to confront your guild in-game and to speak certain truths about your guild on the Mourning boards, which resulted in a rather silly amount of butt-hurtedness and resentment on your end. QFT's collective sour grapes and general obsession with me has been overtly expressed in various SB fora throughout the years. I'm truly touched by your devotion, but do pity your members for a variety of different reasons, mostly alluded to in points discussed above.

If you think about it honestly, I've been a far more upfront and cordial foe to your guild than most. It's not like I hacked your forums or personally attacked any of your membership. Hell, I once spoke with a player who took credit for Solar's wife's weight-loss because he viciously trolled her. The only person who I suspect could have felt truly disrespected at any time by yours truly was maybe Unknewn, but I'm being intentionally generous with that assessment and that kid was undeniably a goober. What distinguishes me for that special and unique form of vitriolic resentment that QFT reserves for me? I can honestly think of nothing beyond my willingness to directly confront you with uncomfortable truths about your guild (all of which your collective membership repeatedly denied until relatively recently), my guild's seemingly unique ability to poach a bunch of skilled "QFT" players who played with us on the Vengeance server, and the fact that one of my guilds was more oft than not successful while engaging your nation in GvG. That's really about it. I know you guys were a bit sour about Varg ditching your guild twice and I know that Malok was particularly incensed when Sabotage ditched, but at the end of the day it is a game - you guys can let these things go and allow the healing process to begin. If it makes you feel any better, we're all good friends, and the Vengeance talent of my age group (with a couple exceptions) typically went our way while many of the older Vengeance "names" generally went your way. I can't help it that many find me to be a fun guy to play the game with and I also can't help it that the truth about certain events in QFT's history stings your egos a tad. In a different, non-adversarial context, I'm sure that many of us would have gotten along quite well.

All that being said, I apologize for nothing and the passage of time has only vindicated virtually all of my positions about you during our series of forum wars. I suspect that you will continue to use denial as a defense mechanism, and unsuccessfully so, evinced once again by this very thread. I can't even apologize for giving you another "essay" to digest, knowing full well that some of you will need to pop a couple Ritalins just to keep up. I did very much enjoy this chat, and know that although you will not expressly state as much, you truly love my posts and you also know that I'm still right.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

I have no idea who you are, but my posts were generally on-topic when one considers the progression of the thread. Unlike some of the other posters on this thread, I've actually played Magicbane. As for the QFT activity, I'm not the person who wrote a post(s) addressing QFT actions I knew nothing about. I don't consider any of my posts herein as essays, but I appreciate the complimentary feedback. I don't care if people say anything negative to or about WM, but I admittedly do possess a low level of tolerance for total stupidity directed my way. Do you have anything better to do?

Like DocGonzo and BSR, I played the forumbane game for a few years, up until '07 or so. I suspect that they've actually been at it longer than I have. This isn't the first discussion we've had about shared experiences on the Mourning server and it may not be the last. I still have no idea who you are, but thank you for wasting more of my time.

Does it matter who I am?  I know it doesn't matter who you are, contrary to what you may think.  The fact that you feel the need to cite how long you've been on the Shadowbane scene is simply testament to your egotism.  And I'd say "you're welcome" for wasting your time, but clearly your time isn't all that important to you since the only one who wasted it was yourself by writing the post to begin with, not to mention you only added that last part just for the sake of making yourself sound like you're actually important.

Do you really have nothing better to do than cry about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you?

It's 11:00 at night, so no, I don't.  I could say the same once again to both you and MAT.  That question's a double-edged sword.  Instead of regurgitating my question right back at me like a parrot, come up with an intelligent retort of your own.

Again, what are you even talking about?

Everyone well knows that I will respond to messages addressed directly to me. Isn't it rude to do otherwise? Perhaps we were raised with a different value system. I myself will respond to the inquisitive who address me directly, no matter how developmentally stunted they may be. I'm glad that this makes you feel special, but really that shouldn't be the case. At least not "special" in that particular way, anyway.

As you well know, this isn't the first time that I've had to respond to a multitude of QFT members while originally only engaging one. This is why I find it a bit funny that you think I show a certain level of interest or favoritism to QFT folks and not the other way around. It seems like a number of QFT members have always been confused about certain topics that they commonly regurgitate ad nauseum. I.e., "u think about us and r irrelevant but we r going to have every QFT member using the forums at the moment to respond to you especially and individually." It is amusing to me that QFT posters cannot allow an individual QFT member to engage in a conversation with me without feeling compelled to become involved, even when they admittedly possess no direct knowledge of the relevant topic of discussion. Such a tendency does truly reek of gross insecurity, and perhaps even a lack of faith in the ability of your fellows to speak for themselves. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about the weirdness and insecurity, though - I do recall your leader having a very public meltdown, after all, threatening to hunt down SB players in real-life for giving him a little in-game grief.

I really have no ill-will toward your guild for anything political that occurred in the game. I'm very pleased with how things turned out when our respective guilds were in opposition. Prior to that, I actually played with some of you guys on Redemption long before you recruited anyone on the Mourning server who showed an interest in joining you and who possessed a pulse, and got along with several of them. There are even some core members I was on very good terms with on previous servers, like Vengeance and Treachery. What happened along the way? I possessed the willingness to confront your guild in-game and to speak certain truths about your guild on the Mourning boards, which resulted in a rather silly amount of butt-hurtedness and resentment on your end. QFT's collective sour grapes and general obsession with me has been overtly expressed in various SB fora throughout the years. I'm truly touched by your devotion, but do pity your members for a variety of different reasons, mostly alluded to in points discussed above.

If you think about it honestly, I've been a far more upfront and cordial foe to your guild than most. It's not like I hacked your forums or personally attacked any of your membership. Hell, I once spoke with a player who took credit for Solar's wife's weight-loss because he viciously trolled her. The only person who I suspect could have felt truly disrespected at any time by yours truly was maybe Unknewn, but I'm being intentionally generous with that assessment and that kid was undeniably a goober. What distinguishes me for that special and unique form of vitriolic resentment that QFT reserves for me? I can honestly think of nothing beyond my willingness to directly confront you with uncomfortable truths about your guild (all of which your collective membership repeatedly denied until relatively recently), my guild's seemingly unique ability to poach a bunch of skilled "QFT" players who played with us on the Vengeance server, and the fact that one of my guilds was more oft than not successful while engaging your nation in GvG. That's really about it. I know you guys were a bit sour about Varg ditching your guild twice and I know that Malok was particularly incensed when Sabotage ditched, but at the end of the day it is a game - you guys can let these things go and allow the healing process to begin. If it makes you feel any better, we're all good friends, and the Vengeance talent of my age group (with a couple exceptions) typically went our way while many of the older Vengeance "names" generally went your way. I can't help it that many find me to be a fun guy to play the game with and I also can't help it that the truth about certain events in QFT's history stings your egos a tad. In a different, non-adversarial context, I'm sure that many of us would have gotten along quite well.

All that being said, I apologize for nothing and the passage of time has only vindicated virtually all of my positions about you during our series of forum wars. I suspect that you will continue to use denial as a defense mechanism, and unsuccessfully so, evinced once again by this very thread. I can't even apologize for giving you another "essay" to digest, knowing full well that some of you will need to pop a couple Ritalins just to keep up. I did very much enjoy this chat, and know that although you will not expressly state as much, you truly love my posts and you also know that I'm still right.

just wanted to let you finish editing your epic soliloquy....

there's some "v" words in all that which i find.....interesting....and demonstrative of just where any "delusion" may reside....

"vitriol" for starters....really?

in this Thread? not that i can see, i hadn't realized you were such the delicate snowflake for being such the solid Player....

and "vindicated"..... have you been factually accurate in some parts of your screeds...well, yes...and such was openly admitted

but that's a far cry from vindication, imo...

your mileage may vary....but for the sake of sheer entertainment value, i hope you stop by more often

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

nm, just saw this post:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1161-shadowbane-treacheryentropy/page-5

I forfeit.

MAT's got that vocab Doc.

bah...i'll go with anybody on the vocabulary front...

but for sheer volume....nobody can out bore...i mean type, MaT...truly, the guy has a Gift...

/golfclap

FIQw0eP.png

bah...i'll go with anybody on the vocabulary front...

but for sheer volume....nobody can out bore...i mean type, MaT...truly, the guy has a Gift...

/golfclap

I'll post that much if it's about CN, a noob guide, or any other guide I'm interested in. But other than that, I don't care too much to post. Go for the zingers or the gif's these days.

A delicate snowflake? I've already said that there's no ill-will here. I engage in these discussions, with the issues that I typically raise, freely because I find them to be entertaining and amusing. You do realize that you guys always take the bait, right?

It's good that you like the "v"erbiage, but I actually wasn't addressing you, again. As I stated before, you are a complete non-factor who wasn't even in QFT during most of the discussed events. I remember a bit much from Shadowbane, and I honestly do not remember you ever playing in QFT when I played. Maybe you joined after I had to quit the game. I do remember passing through the turd posts that you then scrawled on the boards back when you were a supposed OPP member. I also do remember not really concerning myself with anything you said as I considered OPP a second-rate guild. To be fair, you were Mourning natives so your gross inferiority when I played was understandable. The only OPP board-warrior that I read and spoke with was Blasphemous. I was also never a big fan of the whole pseudo-gay thing, but tastes differ. That concept has been surprisingly ripped off by a number of newer SB guilds, so I do have to give some credit where it's due.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

I'll post that much if it's about CN, a noob guide, or any other guide I'm interested in. But other than that, I don't care too much to post. Go for the zingers or the gif's these days.

well...here, i'll try and be helpful...

i defy anyone to find me ever typing that i'm "great" at playing any game, or that i have ever been "elite" or any such appellation...

i have said that it has been my pleasure and honor to have played with and against some of the very best at times in my Gaming hobby experience, and once gave the example of my time in QFT in SB was usually as DPS is group 1, if not then on a debuffer as needed (my magelock or assassin)...

i have said OPP was an important guild on Mourning....but also that it varied at times, from a ragged single group of cloth casters, at times a War guild (starting with the PPC vs UDL war) and after about late 06 as the up and down Dragonscale for RPKs...

and so on....

so to me there's a lot of hilarious expenditure of verbiage aimed at straw men chasing black swans

but hey...he feels the need to type, this is a Forum....SB section.....he can ForumBane away as he likes....

much more entertaining to read than a LOT of the stuff around here, imo

and i'm not prejudiced against the kind of fiction that likes to weave itself among reality....who didn't enjoy DaVinci Code?

could just be me...

FIQw0eP.png

well...here, i'll try and be helpful...

i defy anyone to find me ever typing that i'm "great" at playing any game, or that i have ever been "elite" or any such appellation...

i have said that it has been my pleasure and honor to have played with and against some of the very best at times in my Gaming hobby experience, and once gave the example of my time in QFT in SB was usually as DPS is group 1, if not then on a debuffer as needed (my magelock or assassin)...

i have said OPP was an important guild on Mourning....but also that it varied at times, from a ragged single group of cloth casters, at times a War guild (starting with the PPC vs UDL war) and after about late 06 as the up and down Dragonscale for RPKs...

and so on....

so to me there's a lot of hilarious expenditure of verbiage aimed at straw men chasing black swans

but hey...he feels the need to type, this is a Forum....SB section.....he can ForumBane away as he likes....

much more entertaining to read than a LOT of the stuff around here, imo

and i'm not prejudiced against the kind of fiction that likes to weave itself among reality....who didn't enjoy DaVinci Code?

could just be me...

Why are your posts double spaced like a teacher is going to mark between the lines with red pen?

ncLez59.png

I think it's easier to read on teh intarwebz as opposed to dense germanic paragraphs. ...

could just be me...

FIQw0eP.png

I think it's easier to read on teh intarwebz as opposed to dense germanic paragraphs. ...

could just be me...

Do you moonlight as a moderator on conspiracy forums because it makes me think you moonlight as a moderator on conspiracy forums. What are your thoughts on jet fuel and its capacity to melt steel girders?

ncLez59.png

ummm..no just this forum...no others are both insightful and crazy enuff to have me...

and yeah....I'm not touching the girder bit....the NSA is watching...!!!

FIQw0eP.png

Well, its nice to see forumbane still alive and active. lol.. let the flame wars begin!.. oh wait, I'm coming in at the tail end.. bummer..

Both of you should feel special. I finally remembered both of your names from Mourning, and I never bothered with forumbane. I had more fun running around with my gimp thief annoying the crap out of all of the guilds mentioned above.

No, I doubt anyone would recognize my thief Blacksin. I just wasn't that much of a politics type person.

Lamdred Al'Ker - OTG

You ask one simple question and this happens...

london-blown-up-gi-joe-o.gif

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Eh both your narcissistic replies were entertaining. I personally cannot stand MaT but he did ask some good questions that you simply laugh away and spin into other hogwash.

The only person who handled that like an adult was BSR for answering it in the first place and then handling criticism from others without resorting to juvenile evasion hogwash.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

fair enuff...

but hogwash?

varying mileage I guess...

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

Varying mileage only applies if you actual get mileage out of a statement.  You normally do a fairly good job defending perspectives but with this you failed horribly and just argued with MaT instead of debating his arguments.  You have become the Ben Quadinaros, failed pod racer, of forumbane with that horribly, overly emotional little forum war.  BSR answered the question and then you proceed to defend it, poorly. 

wiDfyPp.png