Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pvp101

Magicbane Wiping?

actually I didn't defend a anything...didnt even try....

on the Points in question...which have come up twice.....I said what I knew and clearly said I wouldn't get into any of the rest since i wasn't around for it....yes?

now.on the second go around it was MaT... and as he clearly stated this is FAR from the first time we've had this exact same Dance since a few get chuckles out of tossing it up at every opportunity no matter what...all part of the Game....

BSR was there for it all and gave a clear Answer....I again confirm what I know of it...

within all that you will notice the varying jabs MaT likes to toss in there...hey...we all know how insignificant I am right?

so...dastardly scum that I am...I refer to him as a "solid Player" and poke a little Fun at his ability and propensity to type a lot when be gets going...as well known a trait for him as was my typing in Pink ffs...

amd there we are....you GOT your Answer from BSR...an IC and well known in the SB community...I added the little bit I could confirm?

what more did you want besides this spoon feeding of a recap as if you had never seen Forumbane before?

cereally?

hey..think what you want about lil ole me...matters not since you are just pixels....but I am a bit curious here just exactly wtf did you want there sparkles?

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

In all honesty, I'm quite used to the "Dance." I was the only forum voice for my nation on Treachery and Vengeance, and there were tons of board warriors on both servers (original guild was intended to be fully silent to outsiders). Like QFT on Mourning, EB had a ton of board warriors; TSL and ML also had quite a few. Within GooL, there still weren't very many posters. We had our colored named guys (Varg, Whoopin, facerip), Mir + deddeth occasionally, and then myself. WM is actually the first nation I've been a part of with a significant number of board warriors, and even they don't exactly rush to my defense. Anyway, I've always been writing replies to multitudes - three or so is actually on the low end - almost since the beginning. I usually don't think twice about it and old habits die hard. I promise that I'll retire from forumbane when I can have a discussion with BSR on any Mourning server issue without any outside interference. :D

I'm more shocked that so few QFT replied. I guess there aren't that many lurking around anymore.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Everyone moves on with their lives, don't they? It is hard to keep touch with everyone in a guild though, and some folks do fall off the face of the planet. Still, I've seen a number of various QFT players on the SBEMU forums. I'm sure that more will check out CrowFall as word-of-mouth spreads the good news.

The MurrayBane forums weren't that long ago, and there were tons of QFT around for that. Went from a heavy presence with that (botched) emulator to virtually none with the SBEmu Beta (I know dru2 played, not sure about others). That's a pretty significant drop-off over a few years.

So what happens if you don't get enough guys back? Swear allegiance to facerip?

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

If anyone cares, Mir is the one who looted FC gear from my hut.  I was the one foolish enough to use a hut in a city he had authority over, however.  And yes, there were some very lucky characters on one of my accounts courtesy of an individual named previously in this thread.  I never personally used them in GvG situations, they were more of an amusement.  

For what it's worth, I was never a double agent or whatever.  I generally enjoyed my time in LoC/QFT because they stuck around for longer than a few weeks at a time.  I joined LoC after all the RoFL players had quit the game shortly after Redemption opened.  When I "defected" from LoC, I hadn't played the game in quite a while and was asked to come back and play with the group that ended up becoming NGR/GooL/Reptilians once Mourning migration opened up.  I joined QFT after Reptilians called it quits and I was still enjoying the game.  I never returned to the game after the whole FC gear fiasco, but have dabbled a bit on the emulators.

Edited by varg

If anyone cares, Mir is the one who looted FC gear from my hut.  I was the one foolish enough to use a hut in a city he had authority over, however.  And yes, there were some very lucky characters on one of my accounts courtesy of an individual named previously in this thread.  I never personally used them in GvG situations, they were more of an amusement.  

For what it's worth, I was never a double agent or whatever.  I generally enjoyed my time in LoC/QFT because they stuck around for longer than a few weeks at a time.  I joined LoC after all the RoFL players had quit the game shortly after Redemption opened.  When I "defected" from LoC, I hadn't played the game in quite a while and was asked to come back and play with the group that ended up becoming NGR/GooL/Reptilians once Mourning migration opened up.  I joined QFT after Reptilians called it quits and I was still enjoying the game.  I never returned to the game after the whole FC gear fiasco, but have dabbled a bit on the emulators.

That pretty much confirms what Sabotage told me.  It was an unfortunate turn of events and I was really sad how things ended.  

Yeah, or more like The Fate of DocGonzo:

1uRpA0.gif

Hey, at least he can still get a ribbon!

4H4LmCE.gif

QFT for the most part was filled with leeches, people who only cheat when provided with them.  Pretty much like every other guild.

People in QFT had downloaded two keyloggers from a website I frequently contributed too, namely an updated version I wrote of the recast hack, orginally  written by Jubei from skyfang and a couple of summon bots written in different macro clients and stand alones.  It was one of the reasons the QFT forums were owned, on top of being terribly not up to date.

From an outsider's inside perspective into that guild, although I didn't really take a lot of interest until Varg suggested I apply (I wanted to read the internal thread and all associated PM's about my application), QFT was like any other SB competitive guild, full of cheaters.

Nobody was innocent, bots and dupe methods were sold starting from release all the way to the end of wrath to every guild you could think of.  After that, it was just a hobby for anyone left in that circle of people.

Edited by facerip

Hah! I honestly didn't have a clue that Jubei originally wrote that hack. It doesn't surprise me, though. I always assumed that he could legitimately 'hack' at a certain level, since he did similar things while playing on Asheron's Call Darktide server (I was actually sworn under him at one point), and that game didn't have hardly any bugs to exploit at all. If one was going to get ahead in that regard in that game, persistently, one needed to be able to hack or screw around with packets somehow.

4H4LmCE.gif

Other than the jewelry (and of course the Bow of Thurin) most of the FC gear was crap .  That dragon plate was +str and plus hp's if I remember correctly.  The only thing it was good for was SS's of high damage ranges.  4/4/2 was the only viable setup and I hope others wore the FC stuff in GVG.  The reason you didn't get any FC on Redemption when you were subbed to LoC was that we didn't have any except Dru's aforementioned but at the time un-duped dragonplate.  Everything came on Mourning either from buying it or the couple pieces from the CCR's.  When the hut dupe came everything exploded.

Ah, yes the original FC dragon plate. Despite the godly numbers on screenshots it was also quite effective back when you could stack HP regen.

It was acquired on Vengeance after Kiwwa from TSF quit the game, but ultimately it went to a good home. 

dru <QFT>

also try shadowbaneemulator.com

might be more people there to answer with hardware/video issues.

Yea.  I didn't want to throw MB stuff on SBEmu though and start a war or something, even though I get the same problem with all of the builds.

try running it in window mode. if it runs fine in window mode but not in full screen, then it's a problem on the pc side.

Yup.  This was one of the first things I tried.  I even then started forcing resolutions via the config file, and got pretty inconsistent results that made the problem even worse.  After the first two times of frapping it and having it work just fine it no longer works, even with Fraps up.  Again, pretty inconsistent results making troubleshooting the problem a PITA.

I gave up on it, hence the lack of post in the topic and figured a venture back into SB was not in the cards for me.

[@--(o.O)@]

There were dragon plate pieces that gave +9 or +10 defense as well. QFT might not have had them, but Mir did.

4H4LmCE.gif