Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've never played a game like this before and I was wondering if players would be started with some sort of very basic but permanent gear, like a pick and an axe. My thinking is that if a new player was unfortunate enough to get dropped in among players that kill on sight, the poor newbie would quickly have no equipment and no way to get more other than begging.

If you're playing in a no-import campaign, then everybody will start at the same, minimal equipment level- probably rags and a club, if that much.

If you're playing a campaign which allows item import at startup, then you should equip yourself to the maximum limits of the import rules before joining, so that you don't start out at a disadvantage relative to everyone else who maxed their imports. I doubt you'd get as much as a free club if you were allowed to import and chose not to.

If you're really worried about this, play your first campaign on a hard-factions server so that your starting location is in one of your faction's strongholds surrounded by allies, rather than on an FFA server.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Rats. I was hoping to see dozens of naked toons scratching and biting for tree leaves to cover their naughty bits.

I think you will still see plenty of that :D

Rats. I was hoping to see dozens of naked toons scratching and biting for tree leaves to cover their naughty bits.

Lol as funny as that is unfortunately the Devs said player's base gear won't be just undies but will just a very simple (and fully clothed) outfit.

Bummer I always find it funny that the first thing most people do strip down and start jumping around screaming "freedom!" :)

If you're playing in a no-import campaign, then everybody will start at the same, minimal equipment level- probably rags and a club, if that much.

If you're playing a campaign which allows item import at startup, then you should equip yourself to the maximum limits of the import rules before joining, so that you don't start out at a disadvantage relative to everyone else who maxed their imports. I doubt you'd get as much as a free club if you were allowed to import and chose not to.

If you're really worried about this, play your first campaign on a hard-factions server so that your starting location is in one of your faction's strongholds surrounded by allies, rather than on an FFA server.

In addition there has to be ways to gather equipment while naked, otherwise you wouldn't be able to do anything other than fistfight on the no import campaigns so I wouldn't worry too much about it. The devs will put something punishing, but not game breaking in for losing equipment. It all breaks eventually anyway.