Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archiebunker82

Cu Alpha

Yes, I loved CU video with all the effects and, as someone else noticed in a another thread, how far spell balls fly on the maps. I guess all this must be really fun.

I don't know much about the rest of CU, but if it's still a game with monsters dropping equipment, grind, exp / levels, quests and other stuff like this I'm really uninterested.

We had hundreds of projectiles flying at the same time with almost no limits of range AND action/fps combat in 2009 with DF.

That being said, I am unimpressed by almost everything CU showed. What I do like though is the possibility to create unique skills!

y9tj8G5.png

Can't even get information from their forum since I have to pay to visit it.  :huh:

AE1ClwA.png?1

The forums is where all the information is at. You see what public forums turn into here?  They don't play games on the CU forum. No obvious trolling, no talking sh1t etc.. etc.. and the devs are very active in the alpha/IT forums. Mark Jacobs is active like he is on massively as well. I mean for $35 it's not a bad deal.I just paid $30 for a TESO cd key. As dumb as that may be :P

The forums is where all the information is at. You see what public forums turn into here?  They don't play games on the CU forum. No obvious posting, no talking sh1t etc.. etc.. and the devs are very active in the alpha/IT forums. Mark Jacobs is active like he is on massively as well. I mean for $35 it's not a bad deal.I just paid $30 for a TESO cd key. As dumb as that may be :P

$35 to earn the privilege to visit a forum that is otherwise hidden, it sounds unethical to me. A forum is a place to communicate with the developers, share thoughts, post suggestions, etc. I'm very happy that ACE does not lock people who don't have money out of their forums.

$35 to earn the privilege to visit a forum that is otherwise hidden, it sounds unethical to me. A forum is a place to communicate with the developers, share thoughts, post suggestions, etc. I'm very happy that ACE does not lock people who don't have money out of their forums.

You also get other stuff besides forum access :)  Like a copy of the game.

tier_info.png

The problem to me is the forum being hidden to people who don't pay $35, not the value of the overall bundle : on this point I agree it's probably a good deal.

Everyone does things differently :)   There is a lot of backers on here who want a private crowfall community. I suppose you could use the crowfall chat on kickstarter for that.  I assure you the $35 is worth it for the amount of information on the forums about the game, etc.. If you don't want to subscribe, check out the newsletters i think most sites run them when it's released. I believe there is 7 so far. I am not sure if you need to be a backer to get the newsletter or not. That might be a easy way to follow the game without forking out the $35. Or, just wait It's still a long time till it's released :)

The problem to me is the forum being hidden to people who don't pay $35, not the value of the overall bundle : on this point I agree it's probably a good deal.

Their forum now belongs for those who is/will taking part in the teting. Also it is a very good move to avoid trolls/spam. Just take a look at CF forum. Like everyday I read it and see many posts which are about changing the whole game system. But MJ has a clear vision what he is going to do and what we will see in the end.

I'm definitely more excited for CU than I was earlier, I can't wait to see where they take this game in the next 15 months. The seemingly very solid fps (debug fps-counter during gameplay) gets me excited, I hope to god they can hold that standard to some degree as the game gets more fleshed out.

The great viewdistance together with arcing, long-range projectiles looks amazing. Crafting your own spells and abilities looks like it could be fun as well.

Also, I can't wait to see where they take C.U.B.E (Camelot Unchained Building Environment).

"Grateful Dead, rock's longest, strangest trip."
ytpSwxP.png

Their forum now belongs for those who is/will taking part in the teting. Also it is a very good move to avoid trolls/spam. Just take a look at CF forum. Like everyday I read it and see many posts which are about changing the whole game system. But MJ has a clear vision what he is going to do and what we will see in the end.

There are plenty of effective measures to prevent spamming and trolling on forums other than charging $35: making the forum public but the section dedicated to alpha testing, forum moderation, gradually increasing privileges based on post count or account creation date : post a new message, create a new thread, include an external link, etc.

Concerning the suggestions that are posted on the Crowfall forums : here people have the right to express their opinion, to suggest new ideas and to criticize the content revealed by the developers. By me, it's an excellent choice, it proves that the developers are confident enough in their vision and in the community to open the doors and let people see the progression of the development.