Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(Ooc) Is A Guild In Our Futures?

Infynis

I have never participated in MMO role play before, and I am not sure how it actually works in game. It seems it would be difficult to stay in character if you aren't surrounded by other similarly inclined players. I know that the rp community makes up only a small portion of the game population, so it would seem logical to me that we form one, or maybe a couple of guilds. Is this the case usually, or do we scatter ourselves throughout the population?

I feel this could also have economic and strategic benefits for us. We would be starting the game as a group of alined players, and so we would be able to construct at least one well populated Eternal Kingdom, and we would have allies in the Dregs as well as the other rings. Again, I have little to no experience with this, so please don't be discouraged from correcting me on anything I got wrong. Any knowledge is appreciated.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

The majority of my guildies and I RP, and plan to build up our EK as a RP hub, but we do enjoy being autonomous and I don't think all the RPers joining into a singular guild is the way to go. Instead, a list of EKs that are meant to be RP hubs and what the RP setting/mood is like in those EKs might be a way to solve the "where are all the other RPers problem". 

The majority of my guildies and I RP, and plan to build up our EK as a RP hub, but we do enjoy being autonomous and I don't think all the RPers joining into a singular guild is the way to go. Instead, a list of EKs that are meant to be RP hubs and what the RP setting/mood is like in those EKs might be a way to solve the "where are all the other RPers problem".

Okay, sounds like a good plan to me, thanks.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Plenty of role play guilds out there. Shadowbane had many.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Most of the guilds seem to be interested in the Dregs.  Has anyone declared the God's Reach circle as their main focus?

You can't play games with the girl who made the rules.

Most of the guilds seem to be interested in the Dregs.  Has anyone declared the God's Reach circle as their main focus?

I wouldn't expect many large guilds to focus on God's Reach. They will probably go to the higher risk campaigns, where their numbers offer a greater advantage. I'm sure there will be smaller guilds that stick to the outer rings though, and maybe sections of the larger guilds will play it safe. Also, God's Reach was added to the core module only recently, so it would make sense for their to be more talk about the Dregs.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Speaking of MMO role-play, anyone around here currently playing any other MMO's? I'm back to dabbling in ESO and LotRO and I would love to have some familiar names around :D

I've been playing Archeage, but it's gotten a bit stale. All the reds are bots, and you need a group to kill friendlys. If you play it though, I'd be glad to meet up when I return from spring break.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

I was playing Neverwinter for a while but got lost somewhere in the midst. It's been a few years since I logged in. I'm more stuck on Destiny now and Dragon Age Inquisition.

divider_line-1-1.jpg

It seems it would be difficult to stay in character if you aren't surrounded by other similarly inclined players.

This can be true, but it's very possible to stay in character if you're really so inclined.  I tend to chose RP servers to play on and back when I was a bit more of an RP snob my character would voice his confusion with the way people spoke in group chat.  Now I tend to simply remain quiet.  for the most part RP guilds won't role play the entire time either...  though there are some that will.

Having said that, I grew bored with Archeage quickly, I burned out on WoW years ago but picked it up for a few months and recently quit again.  As far as online games go I've mostly been playing EQ2 and World of Tanks of late.

If I remember correctly PAX is RP friendly, I don't know if they have exclusive RP chapters, but 2 or 3 guilds have mentioned that they do in the guild forums if you feel like digging.

I'm not against the idea of building a guild that's solely RP for the sake of having an EK that's completely and 100% RP friendly, if not RP mandatory. It'd probably be stocked with alts, as opposed to mains so it wouldn't be FANTASTIC, but we could do events, skits, VLARPs, team speak scenarios, etc... it'd be a place to relax, unwind, 'be with our own kind'.

If I remember correctly PAX is RP friendly, I don't know if they have exclusive RP chapters, but 2 or 3 guilds have mentioned that they do in the guild forums if you feel like digging.

I'm not against the idea of building a guild that's solely RP for the sake of having an EK that's completely and 100% RP friendly, if not RP mandatory. It'd probably be stocked with alts, as opposed to mains so it wouldn't be FANTASTIC, but we could do events, skits, VLARPs, team speak scenarios, etc... it'd be a place to relax, unwind, 'be with our own kind'.

This sounds like something that I would definitely be interested in, come game time. My main would probably be kept in a more "serious" guild focused on Dregs or Gods but having an RP alt would be a lot of fun I think :D

I have never participated in MMO role play before, and I am not sure how it actually works in game. It seems it would be difficult to stay in character if you aren't surrounded by other similarly inclined players. I know that the rp community makes up only a small portion of the game population, so it would seem logical to me that we form one, or maybe a couple of guilds. Is this the case usually, or do we scatter ourselves throughout the population?

I feel this could also have economic and strategic benefits for us. We would be starting the game as a group of alined players, and so we would be able to construct at least one well populated Eternal Kingdom, and we would have allies in the Dregs as well as the other rings. Again, I have little to no experience with this, so please don't be discouraged from correcting me on anything I got wrong. Any knowledge is appreciated.

Role-playing in a sandbox can be extremely difficult. Your immersive experience will have to be able to handle "OMG RP LOSER" or you will be pushed to the safety of non-pvp zones. 

It can be difficult to balance PvP functionality with RP purists. The biggest thing is surrounding yourself with like-minded people who are supportive and into the same RP style as yourself.

Grow a thick skin, and savor the rare, really enjoyable moments of role playing that can add a whole new dimension to the game. Don't get discouraged if every in-game moment isn't RP but stay true to your idea of fun.

And don't make the rest of us RPers look bad in PvP!

Edited by Arnie

81C2Uc9.jpg?1

I really like the idea of an EK as an RP hub. I would definitely be down to be a tenant in one of these places.

I really like the idea of an EK as an RP hub. I would definitely be down to be a tenant in one of these places.

It'd be fun. I'm interested to see if RPers actually jump into campaign worlds as well. This game isn't for the faint of heart, but there's a few of us who relish the action of combat. <Catchphrase>

It'd be fun. I'm interested to see if RPers actually jump into campaign worlds as well. This game isn't for the faint of heart, but there's a few of us who relish the action of combat. <Catchphrase>

Oh, I'm totally going to do campaigns. Purge the tainted with righteous fire and what-not.

Edited by Infynis

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Oh, I'm totally going to do campaigns. Purge the tainted with righteous fire and what-not.

I brought it up in another topic. But I've been wondering if we'll be able to build fortifications strong enough we'll have a sanctuary in a Campaign World. AKA, somewhere that can't be reached by hostiles unless they have siege equipment or sneak in the gate/climb the walls.