Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm Having The Dumbest Argument Right Now -_-

masterofspelss

So quick summery, I am a Wizzy, been playing the game since 2009 and joined the official fansite in 2010.

Quick summery of the game. Turned based card game (Just look up Wizard101 PvP and you'll get the general idea)

So basically, in Test Realm (Where we test new things) a new spell has been given to the Life school (Healers) Life are the main healers however they also do damage.

Life hasn't had an AoE damage spell since level 58, and it cost eight pips (The more pips, the higher the rank, we can have a max of 14) so in Test realm, a new Life spell as been found, it's 5 Pips but a single target. Pretty much everyone wants it to be an AoE, and these two members are saying otherwise with the dumbest reasons.

They say since Life is the only school that can have an AoE heal that it shouldn't get an AoE attack.

God, I want to shred them both up but it's a G-Rated forum. I've stopped trying to argue with them because it's pretty clear they're not functioning right.

Ps. Sorry if no one knows what I'm talking about, I just need to rant about it >_<

7lXqKFL.gif

Yeah it's dumb because it's about Wizard 101.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

So quick summery, I am a Wizzy, been playing the game since 2009 and joined the official fansite in 2010.

Quick summery of the game. Turned based card game (Just look up Wizard101 PvP and you'll get the general idea)

So basically, in Test Realm (Where we test new things) a new spell has been given to the Life school (Healers) Life are the main healers however they also do damage.

Life hasn't had an AoE damage spell since level 58, and it cost eight pips (The more pips, the higher the rank, we can have a max of 14) so in Test realm, a new Life spell as been found, it's 5 Pips but a single target. Pretty much everyone wants it to be an AoE, and these two members are saying otherwise with the dumbest reasons.

They say since Life is the only school that can have an AoE heal that it shouldn't get an AoE attack.

God, I want to shred them both up but it's a G-Rated forum. I've stopped trying to argue with them because it's pretty clear they're not functioning right.

Ps. Sorry if no one knows what I'm talking about, I just need to rant about it >_<

GoodtoKnow.gif

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

why do you care

gtlLXYT.png

why do you care

Because the two people who don't want Life to have an AoE are stupid and I want to strangle them.

What's the meta-game like? Is the Life school any good otherwise?

For the first question, it's honestly too hard to describe. Second question, Life is good in PvE and is in the middle when it comes to PvP.

7lXqKFL.gif

For the first question, it's honestly too hard to describe. Second question, Life is good in PvE and is in the middle when it comes to PvP.

If adding an AoE heal will upset the metagame, it makes sense that some people will try to cling to the old meta, especially people whose current strategies are threatened. Balance is a finnicky thing in games with PvP. That's why we have so many "OMG P2W!!1!" threads here. Metagame over-centralization (based on one or a few strategies being "the best") is always a concern, and if people think that a change will create that situation, they're going to be nervous.

Not much you can do but appreciate their passion for the game, even if they're being butts about it. They just don't want their game to be broken.

Edited by txteclipse

Well, I understand his frustration  LOL   Those forum ppl that squelch your every word?  They are the same one's that are here.  :)  Make sure you are smiling while you are typing ( I swear they know that too ) because they will ban you for that too.    Tell them to custard off.   Throw in some poorly made socks for good measure.

And hope this forum never turns into THAT.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Great now i'm going to have to descend back to wizard101 to see this new spell, but life probably should get a small damage aoe. Rebirth and forest lord are great spells in pvp and pve and a 4 pips aoe might be 2 much, but a 5 pip spell wouldn't be to much at all.

If adding an AoE heal will upset the metagame, it makes sense that some people will try to cling to the old meta, especially people whose current strategies are threatened. Balance is a finnicky thing in games with PvP. That's why we have so many "OMG P2W!!1!" threads here. Metagame over-centralization (based on one or a few strategies being "the best") is always a concern, and if people think that a change will create that situation, they're going to be nervous.

Not much you can do but appreciate their passion for the game, even if they're being butts about it. They just don't want their game to be broken.

He wants an aoe attack for life but apart from that the pvp metagame in Wizard101 was broken years ago with jade gear and made worse recently with shadow spells in a desperate attempt to repair the damage. Was really sad to watch the down hill spiral when the solution to simply ban jade gear from pvp was so obvious.

@Masterofspels. Yes, Life does need another AoE damage. Yes, the Wizzy forum is full of cheer leaders. Yes, the general game play for the last year or so in Wizzy has gone to the dogs.

If you check their forum regarding the Graveyard update, you'll find that most people basically quit W101. 

It saddens me that a minority of idiots got their own input implemented over there. Those same people are here at Crowfall, spawning all over Todd Coleman's Twitter, which is of a major concern to me.

Edited by ozzie mozzie
288mqgz.png

You can hardly cough over in the Wizzy forum, without the sparkly sunshine brigade trying to demean you. They are passive aggressive.

That is one of the reasons I don't want their infectious rainbow unicorns being anywhere near Todd.

Luckily Todd is a big boy and knows what he wants for Crowfall, and I doubt he'll let anyone except his team tell him what needs to be done, and even then they'll need a dang good argument to convince him.

BWT why have started making such silly spells all of a sudden? The zilla and kraken are just kinda strange. The life spell looks good but the others are just weird.

Edited by blackspar

Luckily Todd is a big boy and knows what he wants for Crowfall, and I doubt he'll let anyone except his team tell him what needs to be done, and even then they'll need a dang good argument to convince him.

We can only hope that Todd is untouchable, but these Wizzy people have already entrenched themselves high up in the pecking order, i.e. moderators, acknowledged fan sites etc. They are much closer to the dev's in both Wizard101, Pirate101 and of course Crowfall, than anyone even realizes here.

They are well established and connected.

Hence my anxiety.

288mqgz.png