Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
epee11c

Eternal Kingdoms Colosseum

Colosseum Parcel  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Colosseum Parcel?

• Yes, sounds great!
    • Cool, but not something they should spend the time/money on right now.
    • No, I really don't like the idea.

I was thinking about how you could alter PVP rules in kingdoms and I thought it would be pretty cool if there was a Colosseum parcel that a monarch (or duke or whatever) could host duels out of with either a reward system the monarch could set up or each duelist "bets" a certain amount of resources/materials. Something that could be cool especially if there was a leaderboard where some of the most skilled players could battle it out and other players may want to watch... for a small fee. This would likely be a great addition that would allow players to mess around while out of the campaign worlds and add flavor to the eternal kingdoms. What do you guys think?

Edited by epee11c

Well, I don't see why this couldn't happen already.. A parcel is a piece of land. You can build your Colosseum on that land or anything else you want on your parcels. It's not just pre-made buildings that we can put on there you know. 

To be fair, we still don't know exactly how things will be built in the EKs. The notion that you might pick a coliseum from a list and drop that "tetris piece" down is not a stretch from what we know already about building in the EK.

IhhQKY6.gif

It would be cool to have but remember the devs aren't balancing around 1v1. So there could be a possible archetype that will always win and the devs won't care. So don't expect this to become a really big thing in Crowfall.

It would be cool to have but remember the devs aren't balancing around 1v1. So there could be a possible archetype that will always win and the devs won't care. So don't expect this to become a really big thing in Crowfall.

This

This would take resources away, but a small-scale tournament system would also be cool. I would like to be able to set up a system where the fighting ring is inaccessible to people not in the tourney, and then allow the rest of the citizens of the EK to watch. This SHOULD NOT BE PART OF THE CORE MODULE. However, further support of this system would be nice.

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Then why limit it to 1v1? Why not 3v3, 5v5? Leave it up to the monarch! Sounds like a great idea to me!

oh, i thought we was playing a sandbox not insta battle arenas... guess i missed the memo. 

Like it or not the EK is part of the game. Giving it a bit of flavour can only be a good thing can't it? It's not like it's going to replace the campaign system.

Design and Build your own Colosseum.

That way it will be unique and attract more Gladiators and (paying) spectators. Maybe you want gladiatorial PvP to attract shoppers to your merchant kingdom. Whatever the reason, you want your attraction to be unique.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I think that colosseum's have a lot of potential. It's an idea that could start out small, with just some gameplay mechanics that enable tournament ladders, but could be expanded after launch to encompass much more ambitious events. Think of it like this:

Colosseum at launch:

Astyanax_vs_Kalendio_mosaic.jpg

Coloseum two years after launch:

Naumachia2.gif

Edited by Kintor

Well, I don't see why this couldn't happen already.. A parcel is a piece of land. You can build your Colosseum on that land or anything else you want on your parcels. It's not just pre-made buildings that we can put on there you know. 

The difference between this and normal parcels is that PvP would be allowed in it without the entire EK having to be PvP. Maybe they plan to do this already and they did meet the tournament goal so we will have to wait and see what happens.

I think that colosseum's have a lot of potential. It's an idea that could start out small, with just some gameplay mechanics that enable tournament ladders, but could be expanded after launch to encompass much more ambitious events. Think of it like this:

Colosseum at launch:

Astyanax_vs_Kalendio_mosaic.jpg

Coloseum two years after launch:

Naumachia2.gif

LOL I love it. Boats battling it out in a lakosseum sounds cool.

oh, i thought we was playing a sandbox not insta battle arenas... guess i missed the memo. 

This would add to the EKs in a simple fun way that could allow for interesting player interaction, it would not replace the campaigns by any means nor do I think a simple duel to the death would be more fun than the three way battle for power that will be in the campaigns. It's definitely possible more players will come into the game just for dueling but they won't necessarily be able to start out by solely dueling.

If you don't understand what the Colosseum is, it is a circular dueling arena where a crowd watched two people (or one person and a creature) fight a battle, usually to the death. The interior is a simple sand pit... it's not like League of Legends or something...

Then why limit it to 1v1? Why not 3v3, 5v5? Leave it up to the monarch! Sounds like a great idea to me!

On top of this why couldn't the monarch set it up so only two of the same archetype can go against each other? They wouldn't even have to code that in. That could be player organized. Plus people would come up with tons of other cool and creative ways to balance.

I like Colosseums, however, I personally don't feel that the exchange of money for them is in order.  Resources should come from the campaigns exclusively.  If a monarch wants to hold a tournament in one, that is ok by me, but I do feel strongly that there should be no rewards without a player giving up for them.  From a guild perspective though, I will be pretty mad if we lose an objective in a campaign because one of our members is messing around in the ek's.  Additionally, I definitely voted the middle ground, and I don't feel the devs need to do this.  I think we have all the tools we need to force this to happen.  The only exception would be that the ENTIRE ek has to be pvp to pull it off now... and so it may be that we need the devs to make a building that supports pvp in a non-pvp world... nothing more though.

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir

I don't think it should give players anything. I do however think, that players will end up staking resources on fights. Honestly I don't think any dev would be crazy enough to NOT have a way for players to engage in small scale PvP for fun.