Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
epee11c

Eternal Kingdoms Colosseum

Colosseum Parcel  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Colosseum Parcel?

• Yes, sounds great!
    • Cool, but not something they should spend the time/money on right now.
    • No, I really don't like the idea.

I like Colosseums, however, I personally don't feel that the exchange of money for them is in order.  Resources should come from the campaigns exclusively. 

I don't know, in the FAQ section they do say they want to make it possible for people to have consensual battles between their EKs, placing a sort of wager in an Embargo until the battle is over and the victor wins it all. I don't see how that wouldn't work for a Colosseum.

EDIT: Found the FAQ!

31. Can I attack another Personal Kingdom?

We are working on a design that allows Kingdoms to War with each other.

This idea is still very rough, and we consider this a secondary system to the Campaigns – meaning that, even when engaged in a Kingdom War, players will still be reliant on Campaign participation in order to secure materials and rare reagents.

The basic outline of the Kingdom War system is:

The Monarch of one Kingdom challenges the Monarch of another. They must agree on the duration or victory condition (i.e. how do we determine a winner?) They must both ante up a prize (in materials, items or coin) that will be placed “in escrow”, meaning they can’t touch it unless they win.

Once the War starts, Vassals can travel between the two Kingdoms, and there is open PvP in both Worlds (i.e. no safe zones.) The siege mechanics are enabled on those Worlds, and the buildings are destructible. The War ends either when the pre-determined condition is met by one side, or when one Monarch surrenders. The winner gets the rewards that were set aside at the beginning.

NOTE: the details of this system are still being worked out. If this sounds interesting to you, we invite you to jump on the forums and join the discussion.

Edited by shadowfang1992

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

The kingdom war thing sounds cool and is not far from this idea. 

Biggest difference is that this would allow for a small number of players, more equal footing, and for each kingdom to continue trading ect. without pause.

Edited by epee11c

I like Colosseums, however, I personally don't feel that the exchange of money for them is in order.  Resources should come from the campaigns exclusively.  If a monarch wants to hold a tournament in one, that is ok by me, but I do feel strongly that there should be no rewards without a player giving up for them.  From a guild perspective though, I will be pretty mad if we lose an objective in a campaign because one of our members is messing around in the ek's.  Additionally, I definitely voted the middle ground, and I don't feel the devs need to do this.  I think we have all the tools we need to force this to happen.  The only exception would be that the ENTIRE ek has to be pvp to pull it off now... and so it may be that we need the devs to make a building that supports pvp in a non-pvp world... nothing more though.

I don't think you understood... it would likely be a bet system with a tax for the monarch. Where each player bets some resources and winner takes all. As for your other point. ONE person not being in the campaign for one battle won't lose you the campaign (nor will one loss in a battle), and they likely wouldn't play as much anyway without a dueling arena if they are centered on playing in one; on top of that, they probably wouldn't be playing without the arena if they were only getting on to play in the arena. Third, people already can mess around in EKs. Finally, hitting the tournament goal does make me wonder if they aren't planning something like this for smaller guilds.

The kingdom war thing sounds cool and is not far from this idea. 

Biggest difference is that this would allow for a small number of players, more equal footing, and for each kingdom to continue trading ect. without pause.

Sort of like choosing a champion and risking your squabbles on the life of one man instead of hundreds.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

I would say, have players fully organise it.

Give them the parcel but let them organise the tournamenst themselves with optional betting for spectators.

Sounds like a pretty fun thing to do and have happen between guilds from time to time.

To show their dominance and such B)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I like the idea of a colosseum from an economic point of view. We all know there are a lot of people that just don't care about life outside of the Campaigns, especially among the minimal or no import/hard core PVP guilds. The only things they'll put in their embargo vault are runes for themselves, relics, and their rewards. They won't export weapons because they won't be able to use them in the next campaign and they won't bring resources because they aren't building an EK. A PvP colosseum may help get them to come out of the Campaign worlds.

A colosseum would give people the chance to win relics or runes (offered as prizes by the arena owner), garner fame beyond the campaigns (who doesn't like that), tryout builds against players, and settle grudges by combat instead of flaming other players in chat (and I'm sure everyone would like to see that). The arena owner may or may not charge admission, but the combatants are going to need equipment, which means exporting resources to buy arms and armor from crafters. There could be a variety of arenas with different rules or different arena floors such as 3v3, archetype X only, sand, graveyard, ruined temple, etc (can you say Crowfall store purchase?). It would add more features to attract players to EKs beyond 'You can get gold Boots of Butt-kicking here'. If you build it, they will come.

This type of stuff can happen without a system in place for it. A leader board could be fun within each EK. I could see people making a living off of it in game.