Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shadowbane Music

AshenTemper

While rummaging around my files, I ran across the MP3s from the original game and Throne of Oblivion... listening to these brings back memories!

http://www.seandahlberg.com/shadowbane-vault/shadowbane-music/

Edited by ashentemper

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

Ashen,

Is there a place to grab the old SB movie player utility anymore?

It's been a while but wasn't it dependent upon the client version it was recorded in? I remember there being some issue where you couldn't just use any version to play stuff...

It's been a while but wasn't it dependent upon the client version it was recorded in? I remember there being some issue where you couldn't just use any version to play stuff...

Indeed- Too bad that was all pre-YouTube.  It's a lot easier these days to taunt your defeated enemies.  And show proof.

rSHxVEY.gif

Yep, yep. IIRC that was one of the big obstacles the emu team had to clear when they were trying to reverse engineer the game. They needed to find various client versions in order to view the recordings people were able to scrounge up. Sucks pretty hard too considering how epic some of that poorly made socks was back then.

2eyfm20.jpg

Yep, yep. IIRC that was one of the big obstacles the emu team had to clear when they were trying to reverse engineer the game. They needed to find various client versions in order to view the recordings people were able to scrounge up. Sucks pretty hard too considering how epic some of that **** was back then.

They were actually just parsing out the net messages from those recordings as far as I know. Problem was, they didn't always know what the net message actually was supposed to do.

C4sIZDW.gif

While rummaging around my files, I ran across the MP3s from the original game and Throne of Oblivion... listening to these brings back memories!

http://www.seandahlberg.com/shadowbane-vault/shadowbane-music/

Thanks Ashen, but I have this already in my playlists and even added more from Midnight Syndicate.  B)

Edited by mac

Yeah, it made me sad since I have quite a few recordings from the Vengeance Throne FC event. Would be nice to watch them again.

CFsig_zpscq0wkztz.png

Shadowbane (Mourning server)

The Khar music was always my favorite.

I remember attending some gaming convention where Midnight Syndicate had a booth.  We talked for a while and I told him I worked on Shadowbane, and asked for the new sample CD, and he gave me several.  Another guy saw that and asked for a CD but the Midnight Syndicate guy said, "Sorry, they're for professionals only."

xZ2ResZ.png?1

The nostalgia bombs are real, I've had all of these tracks forever, but there's a few short ones that are missing, such as the Bog zones, and Chaos isles.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

I used to play WoW with no sound, and play the Shadowbane soundtrack in the background lol.  It made WoW somewhat more bearable lol.  My favorite will always be the N'Koth Desert music.

I could have sworn I heard the N'Koth Desert music in the background of the 24 series, like season 2 or 3. Maybe it was just withdrawals.  :D 

I never realized how good the music was since I usually had it muted. I was running around one of the zones in RiF recently. It was kind of boring so I turned up the music and was really impressed by the quality.

• 1 year later...

Thanks Ashen for sharing those tracks! Is there a way I can extract the music from my original CD's? (or is that a no no?)

It's been a while since I looked but I'm fairly sure they are in MP3 format on the discs if you have them.