Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Achievement System

Achievements system to stick with the same character to get your character beter and show off what you all did and succeeded at.

I mean with get your character beter i more a way what Accolades where in City of heroes and villains when you get x number achievements done you get a small bonus.

For exsample :

achievement,  Hard to kill: you are hard to kill you have been killed 1000 times and yet you still standing. (beter discription that fits CF)

achievement,  Never give up!: You failed campains 100 times but you never give up.

and some more only for the idea.

But the accolade part gets active when you done x numbers of named achievements lets say the exsamples from above and 4 more.

you unlock the accolade "Stubborn" and your character gets 5% max health. 

Is just a wild suggestion and idea.

Valatine.

(sorry for the bad english)

I know this is only a suggestion, and its in good spirit. But this is something I think will never be in Crowfall. We dont need a carrot on a stick to keep us going.

But welcome to the forum btw :)

Thanks Zinnie,

I just saw it as a sort of side quest of your character progression more a way to see your charcacter go veteran in the long run.

Systems which allow for achievements that serve no purpose as far as progressing your character's power have enhanced my gaming experience in every single game I've played that has them. It provides a useful measure of your accomplishments and often challenges to test your skills and I can see no real downside.

In this game I could see achievements actually sometimes granting things in your EK. Acheivements would really make things a lot more fun because after you come back from a campaign and spend the resources that you got from it on whatever, you still have acheivements that will never go away.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

I've seen several achievement threads and I have to say that I'm not entirely against achievements BUT I'm with the majority when it comes to mundane achievements.  I think very obscure or difficult to actually complete tasks should be rewarded.  

But we don't need a list to tell us that since there are already relics and artifacts that show off campaigns that we won or enemies we have killed.  

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

It's a known player incentive, and thus would be a plus for retention. The problem I see is no one will give a poorly made socks about mundane achievements, and there's only so many worthwhile ones (1000 unique player kills, etc). As well, tagging each character with achievements would really add to the database overhead, with lots of fetches, which could affect game performance.

I'd be fine with an achievement system but I hate achievements which are just things like 'kill 1000 dudes' because all that's really measuring is how much time you've spent in the game. The world's worst player will manage to kill 1000 dudes eventually.

I'd much prefer achievements for getting a perfect skillshot and stuff. Let's say your archer has a bow with 1000 range. If they get a headshot from 950+ range, boom, achievement. Or if you're a tank, managing to block every attack your opponent makes until you kill them. Idk

I wouldn't mind if they're going to add Achievements + Achievements Points but then there should be some restrictions.

In my opinion achievement should count towards your account and not only per character, I don't really like it to change from one character with a lot of achievements to one without a single achievement. People like to play more characters then only one and they shouldn't suffer because of it when ArtCraft wanna make the achievements public visible.

ArtCraft should try to make the achievements not too "reliable" that people would think you're bad cos you only have 500 achievement points as example, don't know how I should explain it. (Guild Wars2 is a game where AP is everything, sadly)

However, in total I don't mind an achievement system but as I said, it could be a really good addition to Crowfall but it also could be a really bad idea. Depending how ArtCraft is going to make it.

So looooong,

Esther

t70C8a9.png     "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."  - Albert Einstein

I personally track my achievements based on how much fun I'm having :)  I never pursued achievements in WoW unless they happened to be the same as a task I wanted to complete for gear or what not.  However I have a friend that spent at least 30 days WoW (play time) pursuing achievements because that is how she found fun in the game.

In my opinion CF is not a mundane achievement hunter.... You will know when you have achieved something when you jump a rolling caravan of supplies from a distant enemy quarry.  As soon as you top the snowy hill the 4 players in a defensive formation guarding the perilous route see you and your 3 friends sprinting towards them with swords, bows and daggers in hand.  Little did they know, a stalker from the same guild attacked the player farthest from the center before the main group arrived.  The enemies don't know whether to support there friend getting shanked by the stealther or stand tall, to defend the oncoming onslaught of the initial 4 running at them.  It's over all too soon.  I stand over the graves of my conquered, and reap the rewards.  In 5 minutes I secured supplies that took them 2 days to procure.....  ACHIEVEMENT UN-FRIKEN-LOCKED.

Edited by deafnoboy

dG

I imagine the EK's will basically serve this function with relics, artifacts, etc. for people that want to show this kind of stuff off.  I prefer it as an alternative to the achievement/badge system.

Er, what's "edging"?

As much as I like this idea, I have gone "achievement hunting" in other MMOs in the past that simply felt like a task I had to accomplish. It did give me something to do, yes, but at the same time it really wasn't that enjoyable.

Would be interesting to have if it didn't require time and resources that could currently be directed elsewhere.

I'd rather anything that could be considered an "achievement" be a post-campaign reward for the EK.

That's half the point of the EK. It's a trophy room.

Also, failing is not an achievement, nor is X kills.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZC5LJswFE

Achievements are dumb and serve no purpose in a PvP MMO. 

For a good discussion of achievements in games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFM4eIAou5M

Since Crowfall lacks a designed-in micro-narrative, that rules out a lot of possibilities for optional or gameplay style achievements.  

Other achievements that should be ruled out are those that break the gameplay dynamic by requiring characters to do things that would be detrimental to themselves or their team.  Similarly, ones that can be most easily achieved by buying off other players (e.g. "Win a 1v10 fight" or "Revenge: kill someone within 5 minutes of them killing you") also shouldn't exist.

I think that mostly leaves things that overlap with a Recorded Character History, and is probably best kept there rather than a list of medals.

soli deo gloria

i was a big fan of the gw1 achievements some of them were just crazy like the cartographer achievement,were you had to run on the edges of the map so you even discover the useless part of a mountain range that is not even accessable^^

i was not a fan of the achievement system i saw in wow,it was just quantity,boring and completely useless.

i don't think that achievements have to grant more than a title,but they have to at least be hard to achieve and the title has to sound cool or just funny.

in gw1 there were achievements for having unlocked a lot of achievements.

for instance 25 out of 30 achievements granted the title ''my guildhall smells of rich mahogany'' or for 20 out of 30 you were granted the title 

''I Have Many Leather-Bound Books''

Edited by kampfbock

I do not think these should affect stats in any way I'd rather them just give me a trophy with my name on it that I can put in my house.

I wouldn't mind something like one of those vertical banners you see for sports teams being a reward for winning.  You could hang them on a wall in your castle/stronghold/playerhouse.  It's nothing that effects gameplay, just bragging rights for the winner.