Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why would everyone have a pet? Sure, 'most' classes may have the option to take a discipline rune that gives them a pet, but unless they go ahead and make the pets add more than you would get from any other discipline, why would everyone take it?

We'll see if you even leave your EK.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Casters will probably not be a good class for PvP but since it is heavily dependent on team work I'd say this gives pretty damn awesome Group V Group

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

The addition of the falconry discipline was announced before the addition of combat pets, perhaps they are two separate systems as a result... ARE YOUR READY FOR A FALCON + TIGER DOUBLE ATTACK!?!?

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I would say it will be easier to criticize the pet system once more info has been released.  However I would imagine there will be a balancing for casters and pets.  Maybe a "Silence Pet" ability or a incapacitate ability?  Then again not everyone will be able to fight everyone 1v1, that's the point.  Characters/Archetypes that rely heavily on pets may have an advantage over casters, but Archetypes that decide to use pets as an "extra"  may only be anuisance to a caster, nothing more.

Edited by deafnoboy

dG

No fire hose healing + everyone has a pet = really bad pvp. Casters might as well reroll at the start up screen. 

How are you doing this math? Unless you have a time machine, not sure how you come to this conclusion based on the little we've been shown. Context?

Game is far from being a game, more of a concept and people already bash the game.

Seriously what's the deal nowadays. Start bashing the game/ideas so that the devs will not even touch this subject again, to make sure only the individual ideas get through?

Sigh

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Someone has played alot of wow i see.

Firehose healers is such a stupid concept and all it does is prolonging the fight anyways.

The pers are not an issue, spank them around a bit and they will hide in a corner.

I mean I get the concept that a Caster vs Pet+Player has a hard time. On thE other hand we don't have any idea how the pet's work. I played Rappelz (long time ago) where pets are a main part of the game. Was playing a caster and never had a problem with them. Ofc you can't compare these two games but in general wait and see

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

That will greatly depend on how pets will work and what they will do.

If they are basically just a DoT with a healthbar attached I don't see why they should be a bigger problem then anything else to casters.

If they're able to cast their own snares/roots/interrupts/whatevers it would be a whole different story, but even that will more or less completely depend on the numbers attached, of which we know absolutely nothing at this point.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

And why exactly would casters be in trouble if there's a pet around? What's the basis for this argument? I haven't exactly played an MMO where casters are annihilated by pets, unless the player sucks.

I personally hate pet classes and hope I will not be at a disadvantage if I choose not to play with one.  Somehow, I believe I will be.  If the pet just attacks, then it would not be to bad, but if pet has skills to combat certain archetypes then I will have issues.

I will give some examples.  If they make a dog pet detect stealth, that one mechanic will severely inhibit that class.  If they make a pet that silences a caster, then that one pet destroys that class.  If they make a pet that can perma freeze melee, then that 1 pet makes melee ineffective.

So, combat pet just for damage would be ok as long as they auto attacked.  I do not want to have to manage the damn thing.  For the love of Pete, pathing on pet has to be done right.  I don't want the damn thing hung up on terrain.

No fire hose healing + everyone has a pet = really bad pvp. Casters might as well reroll at the start up screen. 

did you play shadowbane?    do you have a clue about the game they are aiming for?   did you play an mmo PRE WOW corruption?

I am simply curious.

I'm looking forward to the style of healing that will be in this game. It will be more about health management rather than the firehouse which is easily countered (gang the healer or bring you own healer)

Health management should be about timing of when to do a little burst healing, potion or mitigation of incoming damage...that should be pretty awesome. This game is going to require strategy at so many levels.

As for pets. I don't mind pets but only if they are not anything more than a DoT type of damage. Whether you stack a bleed on an opponent with a sword slash or a pet won't break the dynamic of a game. If a pet is able to out DPS your sword swings, then it becomes an issue.