Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That (virtual) reality!

General Screwtape

So I noticed on the crowfall landing page that after a super enticing teaser the last lines call for a partnership to make this project a reality. Only its says quote

"(Virtual) reality."

Wait...does this refer to the new virtual game world you plan to create or that this game is being developed for the likes of Occulus Rift? Cause that would be super sweet!

keep calm & crush

Ehh, probably not. Technically any video game world is a 'virtual' reality, by definition of the word.

They just didn't mean 'oculus rift' or the 'wires plugged into your brain' sort of virtual reality you see in Sci-Fi.

Edited by kalvin

I seriously doubt, oculus rift is not even out for the public and not everybody is going to go buy one. They probably meant that the fact that it was gonna be like a world or another reality.

That being said, both mortal online and vendetta online have oculus rift support.

If only this was SAO, I wouldn't even mind getting trapped in this game ... That being said I think that this "virtual reality" is might be referring to a wider range of player options, not just a few specific quest lines or paths. Maybe there will be more details with in the next 38 days!?

#SAO and #LogHorizon, both great anime in their own special way. Although, epic fail on second half of season one of SAO.

I agree Sword Art Online kinda lost the plot after the beginning...

what about swordartonline?

It's a joke, he said Virtual Reality, but the first thing that probably comes to our mind, is sword art online or log horizon.. at least thats what a couple of my friends, and I thought. 

So I noticed on the crowfall landing page that after a super enticing teaser the last lines call for a partnership to make this project a reality. Only its says quote

"(Virtual) reality."

Wait...does this refer to the new virtual game world you plan to create or that this game is being developed for the likes of Occulus Rift? Cause that would be super sweet!

If it had Shadowbanes overhead pan and zoom view it MIGHT work. I don't think over the shoulder or first person would be too compelling. Without an omnidirectional treadmill the current VR experiences work best with a sitting viewer and even then you have to sit rather still and only move your head or the illusion breaks down.

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

Occulus Rift helmet, gloves, and boots + treadmill. Expensive, but easy to make with current technology. I can see a game coming out that says... you get all of that for a 3 year subscription term of 15-20 bucks a month. Again, though, some DEV has to be crazy enough to invest in something like that. Indie companies don't have the means unless perhaps kickstarter.

They kept using the word "virtual" such that it seemed like a hint to me, as well. Bummer.

qRxt0XW.png
                                                                                                               The Elf Formerly Known as Taranis Thilandrae