Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
commcrab

The Guardians [TG]

Hey Moash! Thanks for the interest. :) You are right, it really is a great guild. I've been a member for just about 4 years now, and I've made some lifelong friends.

As for your questions: I think it might be a bit early to say for sure which god we will be following, or even if we need to all follow the same. In general we usually go with the "good" side but that's just from past experience. :) As for roleplaying, we are a RP friendly guild, we do have roleplayers and support RPing events. We even have scheduled events from time to time, just depending on the players and what they want to see. :)

Thanks for the great questions. I hope to see you around more, and hopefully in game soon. :D

I can't speak for everyone, as I'm awaiting membership, but I've really enjoyed my time with TG.

Everyone is really friendly, and they are playing a ton of games right now.

So while we all wait for Crowfall, it won't be hard to get to know other members and enjoy chatting in mumble.

As for your questions, if I were to guess, I think it would be more about the guild then the god.

With each ring having a different rule-set, and each campaign possibly changing some things as well...

Guild v Guild campaigns are easy to pick the side, TG. But when it comes to free for all or god wars...

I can't see there being a set style to play, other then not working against the guild.

When it comes to faction wars, I'm sure TG would prefer that we're on the same faction.

With such a different style of game, it's really hard to know 100% how things will pan out.

I look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Yeah, a pack pig sounds like fun. Hopefully they'll be available with different skins so there's variety among them.

Do we know yet if we can get surnames/family names from the get go? I've always been frustrated with how fantasy MMO's force you to only have one name unless you either a) unlock a surname later or B) pay for it with real money. If someone would like to inquire the devs about it, I'd be grateful!

Additionally, now that there's a Crowfall wiki, we should try to help out when we can to fill in stuff. Looks like a lot of article stubs at this point.

Edited by meridian

He guys, this seems to be an awesome guild, really like your principles, they are very much in sync with the attitude I usually display as a character (and in real life too, at least a little bit I hope haha) it is going to be either you, or the Lantern Watch, or the Knights of Shadow. So I am going to ask you the same questions as I have asked them: which fraction and God would you fight for? And how much would roleplaying be a factor in this Guild its gameplay? Looking forward to your reply!

Fraction: I don't really like fractions. I like whole numbers (like Metric; hate Imperial).

Faction: Depending on the interest to have a CF Division, Squad or not.

• Division: Means we have a Division Leader. This is the GM of the Game for TG.  They'd usually ask interest members which faction they wanted to play (Wildstar, SWToR, WoW, Archeage, etc). The DL could go with majority.
  • Squad: You know I'm not 100% sure what happens in Squad, but I'd assume it's close to what the Division had (just less official officers).
  • Non-Division/Squad: TG doesn't care what you pick (pre Squad/Division). You can do as you please in this case.

I can't see a DL dictating which god we are to follow. We aren't that hardcore of a guild.  This would mean that TG wouldn't be fighting in GodvGod campaigns (as it would exclude to many members).

TG is about having fun while cooperating with other members.  Ask Asph about the Castle siege in Archeage. We do band together when members are being ganked and usually show up in force (happened a bit in Wildstar & still happens in SWToR). Generally if you mess with one TG, you mess with the whole guild!

@Cess - Why did you have to show me up on the TG logo avatar >< #nowtofindabetterimage

There is no greater guild.

For those interested in our playstyle, we most typically favor a PvP-RP ruleset when available.  Fighting for the powers of good... whatever that may mean in a chosen game.  TG's efforts in game are really powered by what members want to accomplish, so whatever that shapes up to be in Crowfall... we'll barrel ahead and dominate.

TG's a fantastic place full of great camaraderie and respect.  There's always something going on, even if you're not into an MMO at the moment, someone's playing a card game, or RTS, or FPS, or strategy game... always great people to play things with.  Check out TG... it should be the last guild you ever join.  :)  

There is no greater guild.

For those interested in our playstyle, we most typically favor a PvP-RP ruleset when available.  Fighting for the powers of good... whatever that may mean in a chosen game.  TG's efforts in game are really powered by what members want to accomplish, so whatever that shapes up to be in Crowfall... we'll barrel ahead and dominate.

TG's a fantastic place full of great camaraderie and respect.  There's always something going on, even if you're not into an MMO at the moment, someone's playing a card game, or RTS, or FPS, or strategy game... always great people to play things with.  Check out TG... it should be the last guild you ever join.   :)

That is an excellent post, Thranx, and so true. I used to hop around looking for a guild that stuck and here I am, almost four years later. It's a great feeling knowing you have a second family to not only game with, but just hang out with, spend Friday nights with, talk about life, or what to make for dinner. :P Guardians lead the way!

Edited by tehmartini

To further what others have said, assuming person(s) step up to warrant a squad or division (we're still quite a ways from alpha is the reason for this still being a question mark) the decision for campaigns would usually fall on the leader of this game (unless a strategic officer with this job purpose is created). From what I've experienced our main rule is players not acting in direct conflict with the guild. So basically no joining a campaign, even FFA and killing fellow members (not entirely clear on the rules of the FFA campaign and what would constitute a 'win', so that specific example may be subject to different rules as we learn more about the game).

To me, the neat thing about the way this game is appearing to go is that say the division/squad leader chooses a campaign that (for whatever reason) you really don't want to do in favor of a different one. Say we don't do many god vs. god ones and you want to do one (campaigns look to be 1-3 months or something). you could go do that campaign and the gear/mats/stuff you get from it can still be brought back for the good of your own EK and/or the guilds EK (may not be exact, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the way this works)

13k Backers hit!  Everyone gets a free month of VIP WOOO!!! Let's hit that VR goal at 15K :D

6 years and 1 month... YEW! :P

I really hope that by some miracle we hit the next few stretch goals, I really want a piggy. 

Of course, Martini you don't have to get too excited about a free month of VIP. You'll be at Bloodstone backing soon and isn't that a lifetime supply of VIP?

-Shizzle

Hehehe Shizzle you sly dog :P

To further what others have said, assuming person(s) step up to warrant a squad or division (we're still quite a ways from alpha is the reason for this still being a question mark) the decision for campaigns would usually fall on the leader of this game (unless a strategic officer with this job purpose is created). From what I've experienced our main rule is players not acting in direct conflict with the guild. So basically no joining a campaign, even FFA and killing fellow members (not entirely clear on the rules of the FFA campaign and what would constitute a 'win', so that specific example may be subject to different rules as we learn more about the game).

To me, the neat thing about the way this game is appearing to go is that say the division/squad leader chooses a campaign that (for whatever reason) you really don't want to do in favor of a different one. Say we don't do many god vs. god ones and you want to do one (campaigns look to be 1-3 months or something). you could go do that campaign and the gear/mats/stuff you get from it can still be brought back for the good of your own EK and/or the guilds EK (may not be exact, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the way this works)

Well said Dritzz. Basically we will want people playing in the same campaign as us as numbers = win, however we aren't here to force someone to play something they don't want to.