Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maeri01

World Boss Controlled By A Person

Its just a fun thought, but i once read it off a story somewhere and i thought that it would be fun. Having a world boss appear once in a while in a campaign and be controlled by an actual person like an employee or even the devs. That would make it alot less predictable and much more fun to beat  :lol: .

Eh, i guess it wouldnt be pve, so I wouldnt mind if a dev spawned as a dragon. The main problem is the fact that ACE does not have enough staff to cover all the campaign worlds.

Since players are allowed to return to EK during campaigns. I've seen in games like Aura Kingdom where they will to an announcement across servers on a world boss. Perhaps there could be a time limited dimension where players can teleport to to challenge the world boss but I cannot see it as an option in alpha since it will create lots of problems for the system and even if it is achieved there will be so many players that it will defeat the purpose of Crowfall trying to avoid massive group raid.

If in campaigns, it's just like Zinnie said, not achievable either since there are so many campaigns.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Eh, i guess it wouldnt be pve, so I wouldnt mind if a dev spawned as a dragon. The main problem is the fact that ACE does not have enough staff to cover all the campaign worlds.

Oh, I don't mean every single campaign at the same time. Once a day => 1 campaign or not even that often. They can just pull a random campaign and spawn in that one. I was thinking of it as more of a bonus thing than a regular thing.

[edit] Since campaigns are suppose to last roughly 1-3 months anyway ...so each campaign might be able to have a boss spawn once before it ends.

Edited by Maeri01

This would require them to implement a way to effectively play a world boss, and make sure it's balanced and fun for the players and not incredibly frustrating for whoever is playing it.

That's really not a trivial expectation.

I always liked the idea of providing a sacrifice to one player, like resources or even lives, and that that player would turn into a demon or something along those lines.

Would remind me of Titans in Eve.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I always liked the idea of providing a sacrifice to one player, like resources or even lives, and that that player would turn into a demon or something along those lines.

Would remind me of Titans in Eve.

It would have to be one hell of a sacrifice though, not just armor scraps and bits of flesh (Alterac Valley represent!), this would have to be something WORTH having a world boss at your fingertips. Bloodstone, thralls of a certain worth, players on the condition they can't return to the campaign, very expensive items... stuff like that.

It would have to be one hell of a sacrifice though, not just armor scraps and bits of flesh (Alterac Valley represent!), this would have to be something WORTH having a world boss at your fingertips. Bloodstone, thralls of a certain worth, players on the condition they can't return to the campaign, very expensive items... stuff like that.

Indeed.

But once you have it, the enemies better run!

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Hmm, do you mean, a player in the campaign sacrificing something to summon this world boss then and also controlling it? Well that's a thought...i mostly meant for a staff member of crowfall to play the world boss tho  xD. It probably isn't as easy to do i suppose ...lookin at the responses i've read so far. If they can do it and make it fun, but challenging...i'd be pretty excited to run into it. ^^

What if one of the campaigns put factions against each other and the goal was to summon their factions God to the battlefield. You could summon them with bloodstones and resources and the gods could battle each other until one side won. Each art craft team member could represent a god and they would role play the battle against their coworkers haha

What if one of the campaigns put factions against each other and the goal was to summon their factions God to the battlefield. You could summon them with bloodstones and resources and the gods could battle each other until one side won. Each art craft team member could represent a god and they would role play the battle against their coworkers haha

That sounds fun lol  :D

Sounds like taking agency away from the players and moving it to the devs. Not the game ACE wants to make nor the one I want to play. Win or lose, I want it to be on my head.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I posted this an idea similar to this in one of the PvE Suggestions or General Discussion threads.

I'd prefer to not have dev's play boss in the game.  Although if there are enough GM's and there's support for Community events (in all campaigns) then I'd be for it.

Personally, I'd prefer to see players be the bosses instead. (this could be exploited, i know).

#####dontstealmythundar!!!

moar#thebettertheysay

Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

It could be pulled off but it would have to be done well, it just reminded me of The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings, the Prologue where the neutral Dragon interrupts the castle siege. I LOVED that.

Sounds like a system that would be easy to game.  My vote is no to this idea.

Yeah, this is one of those things that sounds cool in a game where everyone was down with the spirit of the idea. But in practice, either it would be rarely used (if the costs outweighed the benefits) or it'd be exploited (if the benefits outweighed the costs). Is it really worth spending dev time and resources on something that'll either gather dust, or mainly be farmed in private EKs?

Edited by Rabscuttle

Permadeath for a few hours of "boss", would you do it?

Gotta have some sort of check so it's a real character you're sacrificing, not just a sac alt. Hmmm....

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Yeah, this is one of those things that sounds cool in a game where everyone was down with the spirit of the idea. But in practice, either it would be rarely used (if the costs outweighed the benefits) or it'd be exploited (if the benefits outweighed the costs). Is it really worth spending dev time and resources on something that'll either gather dust, or mainly be farmed in private EKs?

I was thinking of it as more of a once in a while thing in campaigns not EK. Something that's more of a special bonus/treat rather that something that is player abused. Hence why i said dev or employee controlling it rather than a player.