• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seventhbeacon

Dudes With Anime Girl Avatars

I've never really understood this lol

To each their own, I suppose!

"The blade isn't the only part of a sword."

9 years of Ragnarok Online, 9 years of EVE Online -- Beta tester of Planetside 2, ESO, RIFT, Warhammer Online, SWTOR, and Elite: Dangerous.

whats wrong with it? if u like smth u gonna "wear" it.

if u like a music band or smth u maybe want to wear their shirt to show others or just cuz it looks cool, same goes for forum avatars imo

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

They are just scared a guy with an anime girl as an avatar is going to kill them, right 7B ;)

Not hardly.  No one really cares about that.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I actually am curious.  I don't know you that well, Zinnie, but I know Cyneric and he does the same thing.  It's more of a curiosity, as I always took an avatar to be representative of myself, and a guy using an anime girl icon seems... I don't want to use the word misleading, but I'm having trouble thinking of a better one.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I actually am curious.  I don't know you that well, Zinnie, but I know Cyneric and he does the same thing.  It's more of a curiosity, as I always took an avatar to be representative of myself, and a guy using an anime girl icon seems... I don't want to use the word misleading, but I'm having trouble thinking of a better one.

In previous games I used a male anime char as my avatar, but in Crowfall I decided to go with one of my faviourte support characters in an anime.

For myself it comes down to me enjoying anime in general, its a bit like having an avatar of your favourite musician, or moviestar..  Sure, I might have screwed up choosing a girl in my avatar, but then again, I dont jump to conclusions when I see a teddybear avatar etc, but thats me.

Thats why I think its an interesting topic, since so many people have a problem with anime avatars in general.

Hmm, if I did an anime avatar, I think it would have to be either Spike Spiegel or this character: alex-armstrong-fma-o.gif

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I could ask the same about any avatar and any signature. Mostly because they like the traits of the characters they display or like the anime/lightnovel/artstyle/character in general. Nothing wrong with it. 

Hmm, if I did an anime avatar, I think it would have to be either Spike Spiegel or this character: alex-armstrong-fma-o.gif

As much as I love FMA and love the characters - I can't stand him xD

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor