Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dudes With Anime Girl Avatars

seventhbeacon

I'd like to start replying to this by making a certain analytical dichotomy as follows, and thereafter a slightly schizophrenic rant ensues:

• Descriptive description

Statements about something not attempting to

blah

blah

blah

blah

blah

I think femininity associates with psychological defenses which involve reflection like, and I think these defenses also involve escapism. The point here is associationg escapism via playing games to feminine characteristics with a common cause of being anxiety. This increases the positive dynamic of feminine behavior for guys.

nice essay...ese

After reading that my first thought was

albert-einstein-if-you-cant-explain-it-s

not only is brevity the soul of wit, but also good manners.(nobody wants to read a long winded post)

only euros like to go on in on...only to tell us that dudes with anime girl avatars are either moes or looking for attention.

And for the record most if not all vid games are a form of escapism.

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

albert-einstein-if-you-cant-explain-it-s

This would be correct, I don't understand it well enough to explain simply. However I'd like to note that my goal wasn't the brief list of things, but instead it was necessary due to a failure with the extensive explanation.

I find the view that the goal of having children to "pass on your genes" very narcissistic....ask yourself if you really want more little yous running around?

I also thought stereotyping was dying out though until I read this thread and learned that if you watch a cartoon you are a child, if you watch sports you are a man. If you have children you are an adult. I know many people who contradict each one of these....most parents I know are awful at it and very immature. If you are super selfish, might want to wait on the children.

Maybe meet more people and expose yourself to more cultures? Now I'm interested in the average age of the board to attempt to reconcile it with the views being expressed.

Re-reading this it sounds very much like a high-horse speech. I'm going to leave it as is though, because I think it is a view that needs representation here. 

I find the view that the goal of having children to "pass on your genes" very narcissistic....ask yourself if you really want more little yous running around?

Yes. I'm lucky enough to have a beautiful wife that can put up with my sheen. Once you're dead and gone, nobody will give a custard about what you've done in life or your petty accomplishments. Everyone that remembered you and mourned will either die themselves or forget your memory. All you'll have left is the genes you passed down.

I also thought stereotyping was dying out though until I read this thread and learned that if you watch a cartoon you are a child, if you watch sports you are a man. If you have children you are an adult. I know many people who contradict each one of these....most parents I know are awful at it and very immature. If you are super selfish, might want to wait on the children.

Stereotypes will never go away, only change. There are sheenty parents, just like there's sheenty police officers, and sheenty cashiers. If you run into a 60+ year old woman dressed like a sorority girl, you automatically assume she's going through a life crisis. If I catch a 30 year old man with cargo shorts, a MLP shirt, and jesus sandals I'm going to assume he has some social disability.

Maybe meet more people and expose yourself to more cultures? Now I'm interested in the average age of the board to attempt to reconcile it with the views being expressed.

I feel like a milfag every time I talk about anything military like it's made me special, which it hasn't. I've been to over 30 countries because of it, so I think I'm pretty cultured. What I've learned is that the views on pseudo-autistic grownups are pretty universal.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Oh boy, this thread...

I've never really understood this lol

To each their own, I suppose!

You use an avatar which identifies an interest of yours, not an actual photo of yourself. Photos of the personal player are more represented in an actual "profile photo" which most forums have moved away from, because sharing photos of yourself with strangers over the internet is not the greatest idea in many situations, and really serves no true purpose.

The goal of the avatar you choose is to give yourself an identification in an image form. Maybe you're the guy who likes The Last Airbender, or the Red Sox fan, or the guy who likes a specific band, or dinosaurs, etc. There's no limitation on what can be an avatar, as it's simply something for people to relate you to. In this regard, I agree with Nenju:

whats wrong with it? if u like smth u gonna "wear" it.

if u like a music band or smth u maybe want to wear their shirt to show others or just cuz it looks cool, same goes for forum avatars imo

This is why you pick an avatar, you don't pick it because it looks like you, or because it's an actual photo of yourself. 

Well, misleading people is never good.  Especially when the comments appear to be coming from the gender of the avatar not the person behind the avatar.

That's your problem, not the person who chose the avatar. You shouldn't judge people differently regardless of their gender in the first place, and making a random assumption based upon a 100x100 pixel picture they chose to represent themselves is incredibly foolish. If you're going to treat a forum poster differently because you think it's a female because there's a photo of a girl in it, that's 100% on you, unless they are actively trying to abuse their gender for unfair gains, which is a fairly despicable action coming from either gender.

Like the dudes that make female characters in MMOs not because they want to, but they like getting free sheen from male gamers.  Sheen, btw, is my new replacement word for the filtered sh-- word.

I understand the sentiment (my last written sentence) but it's a little different situation than just having an avatar. Unless that person is specifically posting under false assumptions to seek out special treatment/advantages, then it's not really fair to compare the two situations. If someone has a bikini photo of a girl as their avatar that looks like it's probably themselves (i.e. not a known celebrity) and they post things seeking handouts/special treatment then sure, it's similar and they're a pretty scummy person. 

Zinnie - "those pricks are the reason we cant have nice things :P"

And I like your new word, I might consider duping it and using it myself once in a while ;)

To be fair though, you treating someone differently because of gender is your own personal action. Regardless of how scummy another human is trying to take advantage of others, you can still choose not to treat them differently because you think they have boobs. If you do treat them differently, then it's as much your fault as it is theirs. If someone likes to make female characters in a MMO and dance in the center of town asking for gold donations (i.e. Guild Wars 1) then that's entirely on them for attempting to abuse something for an unfair gain. The minute you decide "oh my god it's a girl, quick I have to withdraw all my gold and give it to her so maybe she'll add me on Skype!" - that's on you. 

Ellie - "Hey now, I resemble this.    Roll Tide!"

0xk4dJN.jpg

Had to cut out some quote blocks because the forum apparently has a limit and I didn't feel like making separate replies and spamming the thread.

Currently Playing - Dirty Bomb, Archeage, & Skyforge

AMEqAAy.jpg

Yes. I'm lucky enough to have a beautiful wife that can put up with my sheen. Once you're dead and gone, nobody will give a custard about what you've done in life or your petty accomplishments. Everyone that remembered you and mourned will either die themselves or forget your memory. All you'll have left is the genes you passed down.

If you do something with your life worth remembering then you will be remembered. The rest of this is simply, as I said, narcissistic.A view that you need to be remembered for some reason.

Stereotypes will never go away, only change. There are sheenty parents, just like there's sheenty police officers, and sheenty cashiers. If you run into a 60+ year old woman dressed like a sorority girl, you automatically assume she's going through a life crisis. If I catch a 30 year old man with cargo shorts, a MLP shirt, and jesus sandals I'm going to assume he has some social disability.

Kind of my point. Rise above judging a book by its cover. There are ALWAYS people that meet the stereotype, as well as those that DON'T, Making that choice to assume they fit it is on you. You can choose assume the best instead.

I feel like a milfag every time I talk about anything military like it's made me special, which it hasn't. I've been to over 30 countries because of it, so I think I'm pretty cultured. What I've learned is that the views on pseudo-autistic grownups are pretty universal.

Being in the military has some very great points. It instills a sense of purpose, discipline, unity of a team. It also is somewhat like a frat, with plenty of slanted view points. Going to those countries is great, but it doesn't mean you are cultured, many times there is a base life and outside of the base your are still with the same military people. Minimal interaction with the normal citizen of the country or with understanding traditions or values. Here I will assume the best in you and give you the benefit of the doubt that you made your most of your time in those countries and are cultured and accept that we simply have very different outlooks and views on life.  

Oh boy, this thread...

Ellie - "Hey now, I resemble this.    Roll Tide!"

0xk4dJN.jpg

Had to cut out some quote blocks because the forum apparently has a limit and I didn't feel like making separate replies and spamming the thread.

jPsJM1f.jpg

Les is looking mad, wonder why?  :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Pwned noobs in nine different countries across four continents get that cartoon crap outta here.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Re-reading this it sounds very much like a high-horse speech. I'm going to leave it as is though, because I think it is a view that needs representation here. 

I view the view of having children to "pass on your genes"  less narcissist than the person that has unprotected sex and brings a child into this world, to me that is the ultimate narcissistic act.  Self gratification w/ no regard for the ramifications.

You must not be a parent or think yourself better than most people.   Someone that is a parent is less likely to pass judgement on other parents as they know what a tough job it is to take care of those little beings, guide them.  Kids don't come with instruction books you figure it out by yourself.   The most "perfect" appearing parents may have children with really deep issues.   We all try, those normal , average everyday folks that mess up occasionally.................and pray alot.    Can't ask anything more.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

People who think this is weird clearly haven't been on the internet very long.

or have been on the internet long enough to know how weird it becomes.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

My avatar is (currently) a pig with a baseball cap. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Is this thread about analyzing people based on their avatars? Wicked.

photo-thumb-1284.jpg?_r=1424419835

7 Owl B? In front of a tree or something? I don't even know where to start.

photo-2172.png?_r=1421817825

Some kinda shield. Probably a Shadowbane player. May or may not have a million posts.

photo-thumb-18602.jpg?_r=1425132542

Heck yeah! High five! Put em up bro.

photo-thumb-269.jpg?_r=1421363433

Picture of the man-killing fae assassin. Has boobs, and triggers meninists just by posting. A+

photo-thumb-16913.gif?_r=1427548393

I don't really understand this one. It's some kind of message? Might be a puzzle.

photo-thumb-4079.jpg?_r=1426696467

I think this is the dino that leans over and says what's up to the motorcycle dude in the new Jurassic Park movie. In which case, top-tier dino. A+++

I think there's a difference between watching something, and making it a lifestyle.

Sports superfans and people that run around in MLP shirts and evangelize the bronyness of it all are the same strain of psychology. The major difference is that one is popular, and the other is not.

"Yo bro, did you se <insert team> do <insert sprotsing thing> last <insert day of the week> is just as meaningless and vapid in a greater social context as OMG DID YOU SEE THE LATEST EPISODE OF <insert obscure cartoon aimed at non-western adult male demographic>

Self identifying as a "fan" of media, in general, as a primary personality trait is just lazy.

Sure, sometimes I watch cartoons. Sometimes I watch basketball and hockey. Sometimes I watch or play a lot of poorly made socks. That doesn't mean I'm immediately part of some bizarre tribe that literally lets what should be passive entertainment consume who you are.

Bronies, superfans, and agressive anime nerds are all the same exact breed of annoying.

It's just television, nerds. Everybody watches different poorly made socks on television. Nobody usually cares what you watch on television.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Some mild teasing has turned into some really passionate and interesting debate.  The strangest things gain traction in forums... not that I'm complaining.  The best part is, people are disagreeing vehemently while keeping it from going flame war.  (Or at least, the really baiting comments have been avoided from turning into something worse.)

And, uh, I'm one of those people who can't stand Family Guy.  Maybe 1/4 of the time, something really funny happens that makes me laugh, and the rest of the time it's Seth McFarlane Trying Too Hard and really really sheeny jokes.

My avatar is (currently) a pig with a baseball cap. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Is this thread about analyzing people based on their avatars? Wicked.

photo-thumb-1284.jpg?_r=1424419835

7 Owl B? In front of a tree or something? I don't even know where to start.

photo-2172.png?_r=1421817825

Some kinda shield. Probably a Shadowbane player. May or may not have a million posts.

photo-thumb-18602.jpg?_r=1425132542

Heck yeah! High five! Put em up bro.

photo-thumb-269.jpg?_r=1421363433

Picture of the man-killing fae assassin. Has boobs, and triggers meninists just by posting. A+

photo-thumb-16913.gif?_r=1427548393

I don't really understand this one. It's some kind of message? Might be a puzzle.

photo-thumb-4079.jpg?_r=1426696467

I think this is the dino that leans over and says what's up to the motorcycle dude in the new Jurassic Park movie. In which case, top-tier dino. A+++

Do me, do me!