Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reliq

Purchase Order Vendor Thralls

So it seems we'll have Vendor Thralls to sell our stuff.  And probably/possibly player minted coins to buy our stuff.  What we need now are Purchase Order Thralls that will buy items from players with the coins its owner stocked it with.  Perfect circle, or triangle, or whatever.

This will set up a full player run economic structure. We make the coins.  Coins are dispersed to others by us buying resources/materials for these coins. (technically, we'd be selling coins for specific resources)  Which then these others use to buy goods from still others.  Economics!

Well, first you'd have to stock the Thrall Vendor with an amount of (player minted) coins.  Then you'd need to set what resource(s) you want, and how many coins you'd pay for them per unit.  After that you would wait (go out into the Campaign Worlds and PvP) for someone to bring you the resource(s) and take away your coins.

Kind of the opposite of stocking a Thrall Vendor with crafted goods and waiting for someone to give you coins.

Can you expound upon your idea as to how these purchase order thralls would work?

I'd take it the same as the other vendors

you feed your vendor currency and allow him to spend xxx amount of that.

You tell the vendor to have a window to buy "Oak Wood Quality 50+" for xx gold each.

now the player interacting with the vendor can throw in ressources of that kind into that vendor and then get paid, withdrawing the currency from the vendor NPC.

Well, first you'd have to stock the Thrall Vendor with an amount of (player minted) coins. Then you'd need to set what resource(s) you want, and how many coins you'd pay for them per unit. After that you would wait (go out into the Campaign Worlds and PvP) for someone to bring you the resource(s) and take away your coins.

Kind of the opposite of stocking a Thrall Vendor with crafted goods and waiting for someone to give you coins.

I get it now, I think that makes a lot of sense. Would love to see that functionality.

So it seems we'll have Vendor Thralls to sell our stuff.  And probably/possibly player minted coins to buy our stuff.  What we need now are Purchase Order Thralls that will buy items from players with the coins its owner stocked it with.  Perfect circle, or triangle, or whatever.

This will set up a full player run economic structure. We make the coins.  Coins are dispersed to others by us buying resources/materials for these coins. (technically, we'd be selling coins for specific resources)  Which then these others use to buy goods from still others.  Economics!

This is a good idea, I'd like to see this!

I'm a fan of this idea because it eliminates the complications of trying to implement an in game barter system.  This does not need to be a dedicated vendor, though town design may lend it towards that.  Having the crafting vendors wanting to purchase the raw materials for their trade (and items to be recycled) seems like a necessity mechanic.  Whatever the currency ends up being will just keep the process running.

Hmmm,  I feel like this will limit the amount of times players actually have to meet up to trade..  That may be good or bad.  I like the idea of setting up a "face to face" trade and arranging my friends to gank the person after the deal is complete.  Also if you give your Thrall X amount of gold and tell him/her to buy stone at X gold, couldn't players come up and kill it and take the gold????

Edited by deafnoboy

dG

You could solve this with a single thrall type. Since all 'sales' are barters, you could just as easily set one to trade 5 gold ingots for 3 stone blocks as vice versa.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

It does limit face to face interaction, but that's probably only going to be the case if the player is offline, the thralls would be very handy to have for players who can only get online for a short time. You get online, collect resources from your thrall, shove more gold into it, craft your stuff and put them in your other thralls to sell.

But why stop at just coins for goods. Why couldn't someone setup a purchase order trading Wood for gold ore or an armor/weapon outfit for more materials. Maybe I want a VIP Ticket instead of resources..

Eve Online did this very well with Escrow contracts. Even allowing a player to ship goods from one location to another with a deposit.

Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Well, first you'd have to stock the Thrall Vendor with an amount of (player minted) coins.  Then you'd need to set what resource(s) you want, and how many coins you'd pay for them per unit.  After that you would wait (go out into the Campaign Worlds and PvP) for someone to bring you the resource(s) and take away your coins.

I like it but I feel like you could do this with the existing ones anyway. If you're selling something for something else why not sell coins for materials? It doesn't sound like coins are going to be the main trade units in this game (more of a way to carry more of X metal) so I would assume you could put them in the sell slot and ask for wood, stone, gold or whatever. I can't say for certain that is how it will work but that is my understanding of their plan right now.

So basically a more complicated auction house?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

So basically a more complicated auction house?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The key difference being that an auction house is centralized.  These would be decentralized in the same way that thralls selling anything else will be.

If we are going to have thralls selling wood for gold I don't see why we couldn't have thralls selling gold for wood.

IhhQKY6.gif

The key difference being that an auction house is centralized.  These would be decentralized in the same way that thralls selling anything else will be.

If we are going to have thralls selling wood for gold I don't see why we couldn't have thralls selling gold for wood.

Interesting.

One down side I see to that is that it's very impersonal.

It's just a minor complaint but I quite liked the idea of talking to people to sell your wares instead of through the system.

Besides that, it sounds like a very solid idea.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

It's just a minor complaint but I quite liked the idea of talking to people to sell your wares instead of through the system.

True, but that is an argument against having thralls that sell anything, not just those that sell currency.

IhhQKY6.gif

True, but that is an argument against having thralls that sell anything, not just those that sell currency.

True.

I don't like the idea of NPC vendors.

Might be a bit of an issue if they have no NPC vendors yet decide to add vendor thrash, though they're probably smart enough not to do so.

My apologies if it seemed otherwise.

A solid quote, I'd say.