Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogit

Archetype - Pledges

Does anyone know if any Archetypes will be obtained by either pledging or purchasing it in the future? If not do you think that they will implement that? I personally think it would be cool if they added new archetypes if they were to add expansions, and in each expansion they would add another archetype or 2.

We are now recruiting! Read more here!

o8WHnLc.png

They said in an interview not long ago, that they are not taking the League of Legends route and selling Archetypes.

The only thing they are doing right now is having the Minotaur be a 1month exclusive for all VIP (all kickstarter backers basicly), its a reward for helping fund the game.

I'm probably not gonna use Minotaur, what a waste :c

That is just a bonus to the VIP. Think ahead about the concept though, and you will probably like the fact that you get a headstart when an Archetype you like comes out!

Drew aka Geldarion

Former PvP officer for Old Timers Guild

Cohost for Casual Core Radio, Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman

That is just a bonus to the VIP. Think ahead about the concept though, and you will probably like the fact that you get a headstart when an Archetype you like comes out!

You are assuming new archetypes will follow the same trend and be available earlier to VIPs, something we don't know yet.

You are assuming new archetypes will follow the same trend and be available earlier to VIPs, something we don't know yet.

The quote I posted above indicates that VIP will get access to any new Archtype a month in advance. 

mael4.jpg

The quote is 100% clear. Players on VIP get a one month head start on any new archetype above the initial 12. There's no ambiguity there.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

In a way they are selling them (early access via VIP) but they could release 4 via an expansion, more like a content update.  I think it would be closer to MOBA style of release.

I could see a Crow Pack of 7 Archetypes sold as an expansion.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

In a way they are selling them (early access via VIP) but they could release 4 via an expansion, more like a content update.  I think it would be closer to MOBA style of release.

I could see a Crow Pack of 7 Archetypes sold as an expansion.

They aren't "in a way selling them." One month after release they will be available for all for free, even the new ones. On top of this, since everyone who backed gets a month of VIP only the people who both buy the game on release (or back from this point on) AND want to start with the Minotaur would have to purchase it. The "pack of seven Archetypes sold as an expansion" is not happening. As stated above by another member of the forums, the devs have said there will be no need to purchase archetypes.

And finally, read here (#2 & 4)

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54dcbdb91f84dc694e40a581

here (#7)

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54e9503e93fc8d634e4d690e

and in the AMA I believe they touched on p2w and why they are going to make sure it's not in Crowfall... I could be remembering it from somewhere else but hopefully this all helps you guys out.

Edited by epee11c