Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sommazzatore

I'm Not Seeing Any Dedicated Healer Class

That I know of anyway, I know the spell charts aren't out yet (I think?), and support is a very general term. I would have though Healer would be a class role however. Anyone have any news on this? Am I gonna be disappointed by no healing class?

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

There is no deciated healer class, there will be some healing (likely from the support) but no fire hose healing. Keeps the fights short in PvP

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54ca4668bffce6644cb33809

Why de-emphasize combat healing?

Combat healing effectively adds a multiplier to each combatant’s effective hit points. A defender isn’t just managing one health bar, his “effective” health pool is = his personal health bar * powers driven by the mana pool of every healer actively supporting him. This makes a lot of sense for games that focus around PvE combat where the monsters have thousands of hit points – especially raids.  It makes less sense in a game focused on skill-based player-versus-player combat.

You don't have Healer? That's what I play!

Our intent is for the support archetypes to have key buffs, debuffs, and physics related powers at a cost of damage or defensive capability. That isn't to say there won't be healing.  There will be options to pick up healing powers (Discipline Runestones). We just didn't want to make the traditional fire hose style healer that most "trinity" combat systems use.

It makes sense to me, even though thats what I mainly do too.   Just depends on the type of support abilities and utilities granted us.

I am certain you'll find a support archetype that fits your style ;)

It makes sense to me, even though thats what I mainly do too.   Just depends on the type of support abilities and utilities granted us.

There are going to be many archetypes for support as well :) lots of things to pick and choose from.

Look! Proof that our community isn't completely toxic!

Welcome aboard, Sommazzatore! I hope these nice guys answered your question. There's a ton of info all over the place on these forums, it'll take awhile to read through. A lot of us can link you to answers pretty quick so toss some more questions out if you have some. :)

I absolutely hate fire hose healing in PvP. Its just way too powerful

If there was a 10 vs 10 fight of equally skilled and geared players but the 1st team had 2 healers and 8 DPS while the 2nd team had 10 DPS, the 1st team would win 100% of the time. Since healers are generally rare, many matches will come down to whoever has more healers to a certain point = win

7d4g0V5.png

Hey, OP, your thoughts and opinions are horrible, and you are a horrible person.

I think I fixed the thread, but I'm not sure.

How do you feel Sommazzatore?

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Welcome aboard, Sommazzatore! I hope these nice guys answered your question. There's a ton of info all over the place on these forums, it'll take awhile to read through. A lot of us can link you to answers pretty quick so toss some more questions out if you have some. :)

Oh yeah? Well you're fat!

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Wow it looks like there will be a summoner archetype in the game even if no healers. Mal be sure you use the summon trolls power wisely!

I absolutely hate fire hose healing in PvP. Its just way too powerful

If there was a 10 vs 10 fight of equally skilled and geared players but the 1st team had 2 healers and 8 DPS while the 2nd team had 10 DPS, the 1st team would win 100% of the time. Since healers are generally rare, many matches will come down to whoever has more healers to a certain point = win

then dont have 10 dps... I mean, Healers/Good CC can win a pvp fight.. i dont see anything wrong with it.. most DPS is not alot of skill involved yet, good Heals/CC can be a skillful class... 

Oh yeah? Well you're fat!

This just isn't going to work if you insist on using the correct grammatical form "you're." 2/10 trolling, and you only get the 2 points for effort.

In all seriousness though, I love how nice this community seems to be. Only been here for a bit, but I already love it!

Drew aka Geldarion

Former PvP officer for Old Timers Guild

Cohost for Casual Core Radio, Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman

then dont have 10 dps... I mean, Healers/Good CC can win a pvp fight.. i dont see anything wrong with it.. most DPS is not alot of skill involved yet, good Heals/CC can be a skillful class... 

You basically pointed out the main reason why firehose healers will not be in this game. The point is to make good DPS stand out because they can manage their own defenses somewhat, and then have a good minor-heal + support class to really make the battle go smoothly. Games with healer classes can encourage lazy gameplay on the part of those being healed. IMHO, it should be that a team of 3 DPS and a support should be roughly equal against 4 DPS, just different strategies emerge and truly good players will be able to take advantage of them.

Drew aka Geldarion

Former PvP officer for Old Timers Guild

Cohost for Casual Core Radio, Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman

You basically pointed out the main reason why firehose healers will not be in this game. The point is to make good DPS stand out because they can manage their own defenses somewhat, and then have a good minor-heal + support class to really make the battle go smoothly. Games with healer classes can encourage lazy gameplay on the part of those being healed. IMHO, it should be that a team of 3 DPS and a support should be roughly equal against 4 DPS, just different strategies emerge and truly good players will be able to take advantage of them.

I get that, but also hate the idea of everyone playing DPS, i dont enjoy Dps... give me Support/heals and let me enjoy myself... i really hope i can find a mix in crowfall if not... 2h Prancing Horse here i come.