Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pillars Of Eternity

Kirel

I have been so tempted to buy this right now. I look at it daily and go, "should I?" But end up not adding it to cart. I think I am trying to hold off because I am really enjoying what I am playing right now. However, it does look so amazing.

The game is super awesome and for me it's like playing a game for the joy of games and not only to be the most competitive player. The story is pretty good as far as i can say with the amount of hours i played it. 

It's a cool game funded by backers on kickstarter as well :)

Banner-250x50.png

German Community Fansitehttp://www.crowfall-community.de/ - News | Forum | Patchnotes | Guild Hosting | Guides | Database

Item loot is not even random and for me it's kind of boring so far - storyline, notes, letters are meh, but it reminds me of Icewind Dale.

I enjoyed the hard setting though - if your party died you had to restart and playthrough is with friendly fire which is great.

The graphic is also outdated to be in 2015 to be honest.

Although, I feel that the Swordcoast legends will be similar to Baldurs Gate with D&D system, and the traditional (1-4) characters with a world setting that will auto adjust with the number of party members. Because it's impossible to have a small party in Pillars with limited options to be a rpg. 

The Sword Coast Legends trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZmyUfDP1no

The Sword Coat legends gameplay 10 min.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiZGWeGxVI

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I hated the first 10 hours of gameplay. Played for 1 hour, hated it. Dropped it, rerolled and restarted again with a new class-party setup. After doing this process 10 times (REALLY) and around my 10-12th hour of gameplay I started to appreciate it (I played Baldurs Gate too, when i was younger lol).

At the moment I'm enjoying it a lot, playing it on the hardest possible settings. Honestly, since Crowfall will take long time since release, I think a long and intriguing rpg game like this is not a bad idea. Also, it works on mac too, so I can swap platform and keep playing if i want... the only real problem that I have at the moment are bugs. Even if they fixed some major bugs with a recent patch the game is still full of bugs and sometimes this is annoying.

catfall-logo-typo-small.png

I'll pick this up eventually. Wish it had multiplayer.... Hey could everyone do me a favor? Go into the game, go to the inn, and put a dwarf in your party, Dwarfurious! Whatever class you need :) post screenshots of him sometime in the future, show off your Dwarfurious!

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the fence for a while, caved and bought it today.

Hooooly custard, I'm enjoying so much. It's incredibly immersive. Chanters are such fun. Stack that lingering debuff and then nuke with invocations.

I will never ever regret purchasing Pillars of Eternity. Based Obsidian. Based Chanters.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I backed PoE early on and have enjoyed it a lot so far.

Kinda lost some steam at the beginning of the third act, though. Haven't had the impetus to get back in there and wrap it up.

Overall I recommend it and would rate it a B+. There are some areas that are unpolished, but if CRPGs are your thing, it's definitely worthwhile.

just an Eldreth