Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Set Spawn Ability

Infynis

Thomas Blair said this during an interview with the Gold and Glory guys, "Are you an archetype that has the ability to mark a temporary bind spot so you can respawn close to the front lines of the campaign?"

I can't think of any class more likely to have this than the Confessor. This seems like it could be really useful in the outer ring campaigns. Just drop a spawn point right before you die, and respawn with your equipment still on to kill whoever just killed you. (Or possibly do it right before a battle because it may take a while to cast)

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Its a possibility that its tied to one archetype, but it could also be tied to discipline skills or runes.

I like the idea of creating bind spots, and I hope it makes it in to the final game.

It would be interesting to be able to bind your spawn to objects in the world.  So before I charge into battle I bind my soul to a tree or boulder.  When I die, I have the option of spawning near that object but if someone chops down my tree or smashes my rock I'm socks out of luck.

Edited by Siegnir

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

Its a possibility that its tied to one archetype, but it could also be tied to discipline skills or runes.

I like the idea of creating bind spots, and I hope it makes it in to the final game.

This is what I was thinking. I remember hearing something about a "Commander" discipline, for which this seems like a lock.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing any sort of custom bind mechanics wouldn't allow you to directly respawn -on- the field of battle. Nor would it really be logical too.

My assumption would be you have the ability to tie to any nearby friendly POI you or your faction currently have control of.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the idea of this sort of skill. I'm not sure how common I would like to see it, but I bet you could make a class specific version of this for almost any support character (yes, i am aware the confessor is an rdps archetype). Regardless, I hope something like this ends up in the final cut.

Sneak home and pray you'll never know the hell where youth and laughter go.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

This should definitely be a discipline thing.

Maybe something like runecaster disc does it. Runecasters are able to inscribe a rune on any object that allows the runecaster's soul to return to that location upon death and revive.