Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Letter From Gulag.

Greetings. I am Yattuwort and I am from Russia.

And I am incredibly ashamed of being one. I know, how arrogant, rude and toxic (god, I hate this word so much) most of my countrymen can be, so on behalf of all russian players - I humbly apologize in advance for all the ruckus we they will cause.

I love video games. I've been playing videogames since I was, well, 4. And that's pretty damn good for a person, who's country was devoid of all foreing production for quite some time.

My mom bought a PC for herself. She thought she will use it for work. Silly woman. I found better uses - video games, son, video games. I also had Sega Genesis and DENDI (That's a russian version of NES/SNES. Some guys made huge legal business on an illegally made hard/software. Typical Russia for you) for a while. God, I loved playing Battletoads and Contra Hard Corps as a kid.

But I see myself as a devoted PC gamer. Fallout, Ultima, Crusader: No Remorse/No Regret, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Deus Ex, - you know, that kind of stuff. Oldies, but goldies.

One of my most favorite games of all times is Bungie's Oni - and I can't quite figure out why. Mostly, because of the combat system and action with a sweet, sweet vibe of cyberpunk.

Games helped - and still help - me to cope with different kinds of dreadful experiences that come from living in the country I live in.Y

That's why I love them so much. 

And I really love when Action marries Roleplay - I see so much potential in Crowfall, that I sold my last pair of shoes just to back the kickstarter.

I guess that will suffice for an introduction. Feel free to ask me anything, eh, if you feel to.

Welcome.  Yet another Ultima player.  Glad to meet you.   :)

What specifically interest you in Crowfall?

It depends on whether my best buddies will play the game or not.

Either way, I plan to play an assassin or stalker. Most probably assassin. That means sneaking around, killing people, robbing caravans, gathering intelligence - that kind of stuff.

More than killing people I love killing people for purpose. And lots of gold.

Oh stealth type is a very popular build so far seeing from comments. It will be pretty useful in guild wars too! Hope you have fun my friend and a big welcome from Canada :)

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Welcome to the forums, Yattu! I accept your apology and forgive all of the Russian players I get matched up with on DOTA2 US-West... kind of. I echo Fawne's post, good job on the introduction and welcome to the forums. Hope to see more of your posts around :D

Cheers,

Amaze.

Do you actually live in Gulag in siberia ? Isn't it cold there without the shoes ?

Nope, but it's still cold where I live without the shoes. Shoes are really hard to come by, so I wrap my feet in plastic bags.

Nope, but it's still cold where I live without the shoes. Shoes are really hard to come by, so I wrap my feet in plastic bags.

Yep I heard that is common in Russia. Do you put something inside the bags,maybe dried rat skins or old socks found in the dumpster for better warmth retention or just roll them around your bare feet ?

If no decent filler as described above is available you could take a dump in the bags before wrapping them around. Smelly ? Possibly. Risky ? Of course. But it should both provide warmth and prevent other russians from getting close. Especially the females.

Edited by rajah