Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Secret World

Nimbitto

Well, since it`s a forum section for other games... and since there isn`t a thread for this one I may as well start one to have some chatter in... if there`s anyone else out there at least!

A bit curious to see if there`s someone else here that happens to play The Secret World.

Hi, hello and such to any that do play it. :3

And hello to anyone who might be curious about the game, may as well discuss things here too if anyone fancies knowing more about it.  :)

PS: If someone reads this thread and fancies trying out The Secret World feel free to drop me a PM or a note here, I got plenty of trial keys for TSW if someone fancies a 72 hour trial. ^.^

Edited by Nimbitto

I played at release for around a month or so.  I really enjoyed the investigative quests - definitely the best questing I've ever seen in an MMO.  

I've tried to get back into the game a few times but just couldn't do it.  The combat is pretty boring and the PvP is horrible.  PvE questing only gets you so far...

1A9QOTM.jpg

Hehe, the investigation missions are definitively awesome, I`d have to agree they are among the best questing I`ve seen in an MMO. Such joy about finally figuring out what to do after spending hours or even days trying to figure out the clues. Great fun.

PvP is still a bit on the backburner although they have promised it`s getting some love soon. :P

Personally I don`t mind the combat, it could be a bit more reactive maybe but it`s ok.

They`ve done some changes recently to make things easier for the newer players too (Some new combat animations, eased up the difficulty curve in the zones up to and including Transylvania and such.)

I enjoyed playing it through at release, and recently tried to go back to it, but just couldn't. The majority of the questing was just too generic.

I really got excited for TSW. I was happy with the results, but not blown away. There really needs to be more investigation missions. They should be the focus of the game. They are what makes it unique and special. But once you do the handful in a zone, the zone just becomes a kill floor. Repeatable standard MMO mission dreck and farming mobs. That's not TSW.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Played a couple months at release, forget what but something irked me enough to quit (think the zone progression/balance at the higher levels). Favorite zones were the creepy fair and the Lovecraftian town.