Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EDM

Greatest Flaw Of Crowfall?

Seeing from gathered information from FAQ and forums and game footage, what do you guys think is one of the greatest flaws of Crowfall so far?

Edited by Eediom

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Seeing fro, gathered information from FAQ and forums and game footage, what do you guys think is one of the greatest flaws of Crowfall so far?

That it is not out yet xD.

Except that.

Maybe that, the combat is still too telegraphy.

But they said "a more terraish style" will come.

That it is not out yet.

Seriously though? I've never liked the "gender/class/race" locking part of games. What if I wanted to make a Healer that has all his points into STR like in Zhan Long? But too much freedom is a problem too...

Well, I'd have to say, procedural generation will probably become boring, VERY fast. I know it saves on costs, a lot, but I fear that after a campaign or three, it will start feeling, well, boring.

I have to jump on the "it isn't out yet" bandwagon. :D

I know it will not be a perfect game, but the outline of it gives me enough hope that it will be a game I enjoy regardless of it's flaws.

Speculation yes, but still hope.

Edited by Kell

I have to jump on the "it isn't out yet" bandwagon. :D

I know it will not be a perfect game, but the outline of it gives me enough hope that it will be a game I enjoy regardless of it's flaws.

Speculation yes, but still hope.

Truth.  I mean, we managed through SB with SB.EXE.   ;)

I asked this because I realized that every game has restricted character movements. It would be great if one day gaming industry can break that. Everything else in Crowfall gives immense of amount of ways for players to manage their gameplay and they even added discipline runes and promotion under each archetype which is awesome. Character movement and skill effects bother me a lot though judging from the pre-alpha footage.

Forum_Signature.png

"that its not out yet" Is the best answer in my opinion :P!

Yup! I know this is the answer so I did specifically asked for the flaw in the stuff they promised so far or the stuff you already see in footage 

Forum_Signature.png

Seriously though? I've never liked the "gender/class/race" locking part of games. What if I wanted to make a Healer that has all his points into STR like in Zhan Long? But too much freedom is a problem too...

Stat/class locking to me is annoying, I get the fact that it avoids people "gimping" their characters by accident but it would be hilarious to roll a Strong-man Guinecean Legionairre.

Stat/class locking to me is annoying, I get the fact that it avoids people "gimping" their characters by accident but it would be hilarious to roll a Strong-man Guinecean Legionairre.

I agree, but I also understand their motives.

Btw, I'm looking for free-stat based MMORPGs. Those that let you play with your stats on level ups? I guess these are mostly the cartoon korean ones.

Do you know any?

Reading Zhan Long, Yureca, The Gamer, and more, created an appetite :<

The flaw in CF?  Same flaw everything else in the world has.....people.

No matter how perfect they make this game, someone will find something to biotch about.

edit:  bugger really does not convey the right definition.

Edited by surbear

Seeing from gathered information from FAQ and forums and game footage, what do you guys think is one of the greatest flaws of Crowfall so far?

Greatest Flaw Of Crowfall?  It has got to be the User Interface, It's just not intuitive or....oh wait nobody has any idea yet for a game that's years from release.

As of now the biggest issue I can see is campaigns that are over long before the actual end. The current export rules mean a close loss and a drubbing give the same reward to the loser. So why bother trying. And the more people who give up the more hopeless it gets so the cycle continues.

I'm hoping that they:

• give better rewards to losers who keep trying
  • give winners victory condition to end the campaign early

Most other concerns are either fluff, too early to know or imposed by economic reality.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

Greatest Flaw Of Crowfall?  It has got to be the User Interface, It's just not intuitive or....oh wait nobody has any idea yet for a game that's years from release.

I have to say, I chuckled a bit.

You quoted the exact "rule" the TC made, and then trampled all over it!

"Flaw according to what we DO know"

His question is valid.

Maybe he should have asked "What do you dislike the most about the planned features of the game?" to avoid silly answers...

I have to say, I chuckled a bit.

You quoted the exact "rule" the TC made, and then trampled all over it!

"Flaw according to what we DO know"

His question is valid.

Maybe he should have asked "What do you dislike the most about the planned features of the game?" to avoid silly answers...

I actually wanted to see how many will go for the most obvious silly answers as well so I phrased the question that way. Plus I made it for people to fish in.

Edited by Eediom

Forum_Signature.png

The Race/Class locked Archetypes.  I liked the diversity the Race/Class system in Shadowbane offered.  However, I do understand the reason for why it was cheaper back then (Most races used the same base model with slightly different textures) compared to know and why they chose the route they chose. 

I'm still gonna miss tearing people up with my Half-Giant Proclar that everybody always seemed to confuse for a Gimplar for some reason.