Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kampfbock

Alliance Of Economic Guilds

hey guys contrary to the majority of my threads i will keep this one short.

we,the honorable trade company,would like to form an alliance of trade/crafting guilds to cooperate on the creation of a global,efficient and secure distribution network.

for more detailed explanation take a look in here.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5314-creating-a-global-logistics-network/

http://thetradecompany.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2082717

if interested pm me,leave a post here or leave a message at our website(in my signature)

Edited by kampfbock

Sounds like a great thing to have. I wish you luck in making it work and I hope others will support this idea. Though I find it inherently fishy to have a merchant guild call itself "honorable trade company", since commerce is just known for being such an honorable and straight forward business (sarcastic eye roll and smirk.)  I will definitely be looking forward to what you guys make and have to offer in game. Put me down for twin blades :D

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people. "

Sounds like a great thing to have. I wish you luck in making it work and I hope others will support this idea. Though I find it inherently fishy to have a merchant guild call itself "honorable trade company", since commerce is just known for being such an honorable and straight forward business (sarcastic eye roll and smirk.)  I will definitely be looking forward to what you guys make and have to offer in game. Put me down for twin blades :D

hehehe ye i thought the same about that honorable part,but well there is still something like the honor of a merchantman,like paying back what you borrowed in time or keeping up contracts.^^

That's why I like the name so much  :)

Edited by OTR

large.png?1427076055

http://thetradecompany.shivtr.com/

It is a tough choice to stay in EK with current mechanics since there will not be much to do since most of the crafting will be needed in the campaigns. So for crafters as well as for the rest of the players - the higher he risk - the higher the reward.

I wish you luck though!

Someone should make a guild called The Least Honourable and Prestigious Trading Company or The Most Sketchy and Disreputable Trading Company

Those were among my first choices but i thought they were to on the nose. :D

large.png?1427076055

http://thetradecompany.shivtr.com/

I found OTR's Guild name a little bombastic on first sight, but I ended up liking it a lot because of the bit of contradiction it has in it and the pictures of shrewd merchants calling themselves honourable it leaves to my imagination.

It is a tough choice to stay in EK with current mechanics since there will not be much to do since most of the crafting will be needed in the campaigns. So for crafters as well as for the rest of the players - the higher he risk - the higher the reward.

I wish you luck though!

why do you assume we stay in the EK?

this alliance is meant for gameplay in the campaigns....

though EK trade will be an essential aspect for us, our plan for the global network is for now mainly focused on the campaigns,since there exists a need for efficient and secure distribution.

wiht more infos on EKs there may arises a need for such a network for EKs as well,but that we will have to see.

Edited by kampfbock

why do you assume we stay in the EK?

this alliance is meant for gameplay in the campaigns....

though EK trade will be an essential aspect for us, our plan for the global network is for now mainly focused on the campaigns,since there exists a need for efficient and secure distribution.

wiht more infos on EKs there may arises a need for such a network for EKs as well,but that we will have to see.

I see. Than I have another situation for you: In campaigns you will need, as trade guild, to affiliate with a bigger power in order to have a market for your products. Having an alliance of Trade guilds supplying the same "limited" market will not prove very effective for the trader - "supply and demand" - you will have an excess of supply. What is your take on this ?

Edited by prom

I see. Than I have another situation for you: In campaigns you will need, as trade guild, to affiliate with a bigger power in order to have a market for your products. Having an alliance of Trade guilds supplying the same "limited" market will not prove very effective for the trader - "supply and demand" - you will have an excess of supply. What is your take on this ?

you know, i provided a link in this thread that deals exactly with these issues but i can understand it is a wall of text after all,so i will explain it^^

PvP focused guilds will probably have their own little crafting section of members,but they probably won't have any logistic players(caravans),so they have the need for an efficient and secure logistic network,since there won't be a NPC AH,which we would provide.

the network of store houses that serve as stock market and banks in addition to caravan guards would be usable by anyone not just members.

a PoI owned by a large PvP guild will be visited by a merchant,he purchases raw materials,then he sells it to the store house,which then sells it to the next guy coming by, who brings the raw materials into a city(guarded by the hired players) where he can sell it to the local store house ,which then sells it to local crafters while purchasing crafted goods from them,which then can be sold to consumers.

there would be storehouses in cities and store houses in the vicinity of PoI and they would serve as gathering point for free goods.

it wouldn't be needed anymore to come face to face with another person to do trade,no people would just seek the local store houses and do their selling/buying there.

our guilds are neither focused on gathering,crafting nor consuming(PvP),we act as the link between those stages in the value chain.

but of course we will have a lot of crafters in our guild,having capable crafters won't hurt^^

Edited by kampfbock

Someone should make a guild called The Least Honourable and Prestigious Trading Company or The Most Sketchy and Disreputable Trading Company

Best. Guild. Name. Ever.