Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are You A player / Guide / Defender Or Member?

Navaji

I joined this forum to learn more about Crowfall and to stay up on development. I felt it would be in my best interest to do so after backing the game on KS. I quickly learned that there are more trolls in this forum there there is information about the game. I don't proclaim to be a community leader or run around with a self imposed forum police badge, but I do want to say I have not seen trolling like this since the sad excuse for Runescape forums years ago or MMORPG.com's.

The biggest type of trolling I've noticed is when someone posts a topic that is similar to another topic that was posted...perhaps weeks ago. I'll be honest, I'm not going to go back to day one and read every post ever made to catch up. I would think most will not do that as well. The biggest problem for trolling in these forums is that if someone is looking for information on the game and they come here, they may get ran off by the trolling or they will give up trying to find information about the game because they have to dig threw all the troll garbage to find it. 

I have no doubt this post will be uber trolled, and I expect that.

So to help start out I'll troll myself;

1. My spelling sucks

2. I type face in all bold

3. My grammar sucks

4. I sound like a wuss that should go away

So what are you...?

Troll = someone who does not contribute to a conversation in a constructive manner. May use slights and call people names.

Guide = Someone who is happy to provide a constructive answer and in most cases explain the answer. They want people to learn more about the game.

Defender = Someone who may or may not provide constructive feedback, but DOES take it upon themselves to fight back with the trolls. This in most cases creates a useless flame war on the posting between trolls and defenders, where in the topic of the post is lost.

Member = Someone who visits the forums for info, may post from time to time but mostly avoids falling into a specific type listed above. 

We all may vary between all of these from time to time, however each of us is predominantly one or the other regularly.

Enjoy  :P

BTW, I just noticed the forum takes the word T R O L L and changed it to "player"

That is a tad lame LOL  :D 

BTW, I just noticed the forum takes the word T R O L L and changed it to "player"

That is a tad lame LOL  :D 

We like to keep it PG and PC.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

And lame.................but yea.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

He also didn't bother reading the CoC in his lack of forum searches also:

Naming/Accusing: Openly accusing another player or group of misbehavior is not permitted. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not appropriate. In cases of exploiting, harassment, or other violations of conduct, please use the report tool instead of engaging with the user.

Accusing Others of Trolling: Calling someone a troll to incite someone or falsely accusing them of trolling can also be a form of trolling.

and I'm sure intentionally attempting to bypass a filter is a violation as well.

Thumbs up Captain Saveaho. Your cape is wrapped around your neck. Save yourself first.

yep, in this forum everyones feelings matter. So we cant say anything that might either trigger or hurt someone feelings :)

We are on the same lvl as the forum for Barbie's Dreamhouse Party basicly.

yep, in this forum everyones feelings matter. So we cant say anything that might either trigger or hurt someone feelings :)

We are on the same lvl as the forum for Barbie's Dreamhouse Party basicly.

Maybe we need to make sure we're extra careful and spoiler possible triggers. Especially with some of the armchair therapists we have floating around GC.

Those custard gonzos

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Maybe we need to make sure we're extra careful and spoiler possible triggers. Especially with some of the armchair therapists we have floating around GC.

Those custard gonzos

Hahahaha!!!!!    You are a problem solver!

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"