Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dajjal

Eternal Kingdoms Needs An Overhaul...

So far i love everything this game has to offer except the Eternal Kingdoms. 

Why do I care about having a kingdom if everyone has one? 

It sounds like a more expanded garrison from world of warcraft ( which is a chore / not fun )

If we can't bring items into a campaign why do I care to craft In my EK world that has nothing in it.

There needs to be some risk involved,  ( i know there is the Guild vs Guild campaign ) there needs to be conflict in these realms.

An idea I had is as follows..

Guild A wins the guild vs guild campaign

Guild B comes in second

Guild C comes in third

these three guilds meet " rival " conditions and can lay siege to the rival guilds EK.

winning guild gains one parcel of land from losing guild.

nothing is given away or created out of thin air. the parcels are earned through warfare and risk.

in order to get any rival designation guild must have meet these conditions.

1. participate and come in 1,2 or 3rd place in a guild vs guild campaign

2. have a extra parcel of land to anti for the price of war.

more to be added if need be

Just a thought I'm sure everyone brainstorming on this idea, we can make EK truly "worth it"

I feel the same way. I love all the systems and mechanics explained so far, except the EK.

I thought the EK's would be cool as multiplayer-like lobbies for housing, guild halls, marketplaces, dueling arenas, etc.

Now that everyone has their own EK, it just makes me feel meh.

7ug90hM.png

I kind of agree that the EK seem very optional and not of particular interest. But I think that is part of the idea. They are player/guild housing. If you don't really want it, then you can ignore it (or just put a simple plot in another realm to use their relics/artifacts passive bonuses). EK are basically the way of running around Ironforge when you don't want the stress of raiding or such and do want to communicate with your online friends. They are also a method of showing off your accomplishments and the extra resources you have to spare.

Although you don't actually have to have a special new system to let guilds compete. You could just have a campaign world with unlimited import rules. Such that the guilds can choose how much of their acquired resources they want to expend to win the guild vs guild campaign. This could also go a long way towards making EK resources meaningful as long as there is a useful way to use them up.

I'm actually having a real hard time understanding the stance that EKS are meaningless in their current form. I understand arguments, but the sentiment is just hard for me to grasp. If everyone has one so what? The idea for this game is to separate traditional MMO concepts and RTS concepts into distinct areas. This allows for full destruction,persistence, various campaign types, and an economy that interacts with RTS aspects of the game to varying degrees.

Don't misunderstand me. I am not against this particular suggestion, actually this seems fairly reasonable, fun even. I just don't fully understand why there is the feeling that EKS will be worthless, because that largely depends upon an individual's play style. Simply put if the EKS are meaningless to you, vassal to someone else and let them deal with the chore. It's really that simple.

I kind of agree that the EK seem very optional and not of particular interest. But I think that is part of the idea. They are player/guild housing. If you don't really want it, then you can ignore it (or just put a simple plot in another realm to use their relics/artifacts passive bonuses). EK are basically the way of running around Ironforge when you don't want the stress of raiding or such and do want to communicate with your online friends. They are also a method of showing off your accomplishments and the extra resources you have to spare.

Although you don't actually have to have a special new system to let guilds compete. You could just have a campaign world with unlimited import rules. Such that the guilds can choose how much of their acquired resources they want to expend to win the guild vs guild campaign. This could also go a long way towards making EK resources meaningful as long as there is a useful way to use them up.

If you think the EK is optional you are very very mistaken.. what do you get as a reward for winning a campaign? Resources. Where do you use these Resources? EKs. What can you make in EKs? Releics and buff statues and the best gear.

Guilds will pool all their resources into the "Guild EK" and destroy everyone who thinks EKs are "optional"

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I think they will mostly serve as hubs, sponsored by some of the larger guilds, or a past time to relax in between campaigns.

Chilling in my own castle as I see peasants work the fields and nobles amusing themselves sounds like a very nice thing to me, though I doubt that all of these things will be possible, if any.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I just don't fully understand why there is the feeling that EKS will be worthless, because that largely depends upon an individual's play style. Simply put if the EKS are meaningless to you, vassal to someone else and let them deal with the chore. It's really that simple.

Not all of them will be useless, just like 95% of them.

7ug90hM.png

Maybe I misunderstood the idea, but my thinking was that Ek wasn't some guild hall wasteland. I thought each player would find a king and swear fealty and build on either rented land or their own. This fealty would be separate, and sometimes in conflict with the individuals guild membership. This would indeed lead to a game of thrones scenario, competing loyalties with each individual player, changing alliances, spying and information being shared between kingdoms and guilds. Real political intrigue not just a bunch of guild houses.

Can't emphasize my agreement enough about this. It's, to me, similar to people whining about the availability of an option in a game. If you don't want to do it, don't. Managing your own EK is going to be an optional experience. If you want to reap the benefits of them, there will be public and guild EKs.

If you think the EK is optional you are very very mistaken.. what do you get as a reward for winning a campaign? Resources. Where do you use these Resources? EKs. What can you make in EKs? Releics and buff statues and the best gear.

Guilds will pool all their resources into the "Guild EK" and destroy everyone who thinks EKs are "optional"

So you reap the benefits of your guild's EK while not caring or using yours. I'm failing to see an issue.

I did, thank you Mel. I wanted to make a thread to brainstorm on how to make EK better, it is the only thing in the current build that i feel hasn't reached its potential.

I get that part and that's great, But it doesn't change the fact that there is only maybe one campaign you can bring crafted items into. thus making the EK's nothing but a trophy hall.  

If you dont like the EK, dont use the EK.

I wont atleast, its just a place where fluffers can decorate their homes and play dress-up.

The real battles are in the campaigns, where most of us will be.

We cant always like every aspect of a game, so we choose the parts we enjoy and focus on that.

ofc EK is optional... is just a larger dollhouse for all the casual lootbags in the game.

Guilds that focus their time in the EK and not in the campaign might aswell play The Sims online.

Edited by zinnie

The EK is your place of rest (PvP aside). If you can get people to your EK and have them as tenets then you can get resources to build your EK larger. This could provide more land for more renters and ultimately more resources. Once you/them start to win more campaigns you can house more relics which give you and renters more option on buffs. This could allow more people to bid on rental spots in your EK.

Not all campaigns will have zero import.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

ofc EK is optional... is just a larger dollhouse for all the casual lootbags in the game.

Guilds that focus their time in the EK and not in the campaign might aswell play The Sims online.

I doubt the game is far enough in development that changes can't be made.

and again i understand its optional, as most do but just a few changes and it could be a great feature to add to the already amazing lineup.

There needs to be some risk involved,  ( i know there is the Guild vs Guild campaign ) there needs to be conflict in these realms.

An idea I had is as follows..

Just one question, Why does there need to be risk involved?

If your EK is at risk, then won't that just motivate you to spend more time in it rather than in the campaigns?

Anything which encourages people to spend less time in campaigns is a bad thing in my book!

As for "fighting for land" as was mentioned, you can do that in the current design if you want. Find another ruler who agrees to anti up some land, set the two kingdoms to PVP and have at it!