Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dajjal

Eternal Kingdoms Needs An Overhaul...

You know that you can just NOT click on threads, right? No one is forcing you to read all threads.

And you know you're not forced to read mine, nor quote mine. Until some merging and locking gets done around here, I'll do me.

It's really easy to do a search and see a thread about an EK that's still open, read through the opinions and add your own to the existing conversation. There's pages and pages of discussion that already exists on this topic. Just because some numbskull doesn't look past the first page and everyone elses chooses to participate, it's going to the same thing over and over.

I think it's disrespectful to the flow of conversation and ideas that have already been posted.

Edited by headlight

And you know you're not forced to read mine, nor quote mine. Until some merging and locking gets done around here, I'll do me.

It's really easy to do a search and see a thread about an EK that's still open, read through the opinions and add your own to the existing conversation. There's pages and pages of discussion that already exists on this topic. Just because some numbskull doesn't look past the first page and everyone elses chooses to participate, it's going to the same thing over and over.

I think it's disrespectful to the flow of conversation and ideas that have already been posted.

You seem upset. Are you upset? Please don't be upset.

7ug90hM.png

keep in mind folks a ton of stuff isn't set in stone yet. not even in alpha testing etc so right now a ton of these requests are just wishful thinking. 

i say wait and see how the alpha and beta tests go before making more critical comments about how the game needs to "change"

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

You seem upset. Are you upset? Please don't be upset.

I just don't like people that don't follow safety standards. OSHA restricts the amount of people that can swing on my nuts at one time. The 3rd post on this thread was something similar to my post. Yet you chose mine to swing on. Maybe it was the smoothness, the maintenance, or the size of them that attracted you, but please ask permission first and submit the correct forms.

Edited by headlight

I just don't like people that don't follow safety standards. OSHA restricts the amount of people that can swing on my nuts at one time. The 3rd post on this thread was something similar to my post. Yet you chose mine to swing on. Maybe it was the smoothness, the maintenance, or the size of them that attracted you, but please ask permission first and submit the correct forms.

Lolz!

ugh. another ek thread.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw it.  Thats why I linked one of the other 60000000000 EK threads.

Eh, maybe they'll come to their senses and not make some trammel meets shadowbane.

Optional PvP is not a PvP game.  If you can block people from coming to your "special space" it's not a game about politics, player choice, and consequence.  It's a game about getting battle points (was it "Victory"?), using em to get phat items, and dueling bros in the dregs.  Maybe you can do some phat tournament to see whose really the best!!!

Seriously, for a "war" simulator, I don't see much "war".  

I see coddling, arenas, and e-sport wannabe.  It's good to see more people realize that the current Ek system will make this game another run-of-the-mill game that only can brag about some voxel thing that will probably lag out in a 200v200.  The campaign system and lack of permanence already guts the concept of consequence as is.  Doing their EK system on top of no permanence will make this as distinguishable from WoW as Guildwars 2, Wildstar, Rift, etc are from WoW (well, that and a massively smaller budget).

I did a search before i posted, I felt this was a bit different. It was aimed at brainstorming ideas.

I applaud that ---- some of us are just tired of see EK in any thread title I think.  But, there are quite a few brainstorming threads/posts on EKs.  I think you just have to dig for them now. 

Umm... Guys, you realize that Crowfall isn't just politics and war right?  They intended to make a world not an instanced battlefield, they said they want crafters and merchants to be just as important as those who protect attack, with EK, we can go to a land, visit a forum (roman meaning not what we're using right now) and visit the stalls to buy gear, no more npc merchants with unlimited stuff who will buy your worthless things, we can see a thrall, buy a helmet on display or ask the owner for a bargain.  If you wanted eternal war, just become a vassal to some king and only go to EK when you want  to buy something

The merchant families of Guinecea were the first to establish trade between Worlds. Our artist, the inventors of sculpture and stagecraft. Our duelist, the finest masters to wield a blade. Our engineers, the only to unlock the secret of munitions.

Umm... Guys, you realize that Crowfall isn't just politics and war right?  They intended to make a world not an instanced battlefield, they said they want crafters and merchants to be just as important as those who protect attack, with EK, we can go to a land, visit a forum (roman meaning not what we're using right now) and visit the stalls to buy gear, no more npc merchants with unlimited stuff who will buy your worthless things, we can see a thrall, buy a helmet on display or ask the owner for a bargain.  If you wanted eternal war, just become a vassal to some king and only go to EK when you want  to buy something

When you can't bring these items into a campaign whats the point? to show off in a FFA match? have you guild mates/friends look at the item in your EK? 

The first ring seems like a tut for new players, don't know much of the second and the third ring is i think where the dev's in-visioned most people playing. I guess it could change and they allow guilds to bring in items for the shadow campaign, but i don't think that's the best idea. I'm just basing this on what i see from the FAQ BTW.

Edited by dajjal

When you can't bring these items into a campaign whats the point? to show off in a FFA match? have you guild mates/friends look at the item in your EK? 

Actually, it is only in a few game modes that you can't import items, there are import/export rules for each game, not to mention, since we can make our own gamemodes, we can choose a mode where you can bring in five items only or we could say anything is allowed to be brought, there is an entire FAQ/picture on this

The merchant families of Guinecea were the first to establish trade between Worlds. Our artist, the inventors of sculpture and stagecraft. Our duelist, the finest masters to wield a blade. Our engineers, the only to unlock the secret of munitions.

I think if campaign's allowed something to be brought into them from the EK like a single armor set the EK would seem far more beneficial and spawn more business and interaction. Bringing a single armor set into the game would give an advantage to the person starting, but if everyone can bring an armor set in its really not that much of an advantage, not enough to cause one guild to power through the campaign anyway. (Especially because if someone kills you they now own the armor set)

This subject has been beaten to a pulp.  I've found it interesting that everyone goes through phases of understanding about this game.

EK's are not, nor will they be the focus of this game.  If you want it or expect it, you are going to be disappointed.  Those words are straight out of the Artcraft dev team's mouth.

I'll just copy/paste a response I gave on another forum about this:

We (LotD) wanted to have meaning to the EK's. We wanted to be able to war EK's. We wanted to have player loss. We wanted to go in and just fck people's poorly made socks up. (I've gone a little overboard here on this, but you get my point)

Here is what I was told and what you can expect:

1. EK's are the salad bar at the steakhouse. They are content, but not why you are there. The EK's are going to be player housing. They are going to be player crafting stations. They are going to allow you to adjust rulesets, such as +/- PvP. They may even allow more changes, who knows.

2. EK's are going to be where you house your blessings/relics. This is an important piece that people are not picking up on yet. When you win a campaign, you get rewards on top of just resources. These rewards will scale in quality, but to what degree I don't know. The more campaigns you win, or poorly made socks you find, the more flexibility of selection you will have in what blessings you have active. Lateral Progression.

3. EK's are going to also serve as a trophy case. Why is this important? Because at it's root, Crowfall is a tournament game. This game is not like DAOC, or UO, or SB. The "winner" in Crowfall is simply the winner until the next championship tournament.

4. EK's are NOT going to have any form of serious risk involved in their implementation. This is simply what neighborhood you live in when you aren't off in combat in the campaigns.

Now, for a lot of the PvP community, we don't particularly care about player housing ect. We just want to log in and have meaningful PvP. The meaning behind PvP in crowfall will be the tournaments. You can go out and kill x number of people to your hearts content, but if you are seeking something that brings importance and gives your opponents that extra incentive to fight harder and make it that much more precious to win, you will be fighting for a championship.

The export/import rule sets have yet to fleshed out, I'd assume they don't even know yet TBH, and will use the Alpha/Beta to tweak them for balance. But they are there to prevent gonzos from dominating the game and forcing the pvp communities to a regulated position within Crowfall. Everyone starts out at relatively the same point and skill, coordination, probably some politics and execution will be what you'll need to succeed in a campaign.

And when people are talking about resources, remember that most of the valuable resources in a campaign are transported via pack animals, which can be attacked and the resources stolen.

So far i love everything this game has to offer except the Eternal Kingdoms. 

Why do I care about having a kingdom if everyone has one? 

It sounds like a more expanded garrison from world of warcraft ( which is a chore / not fun )

If we can't bring items into a campaign why do I care to craft In my EK world that has nothing in it.

There needs to be some risk involved,  ( i know there is the Guild vs Guild campaign ) there needs to be conflict in these realms.

An idea I had is as follows..

Guild A wins the guild vs guild campaign

Guild B comes in second

Guild C comes in third

these three guilds meet " rival " conditions and can lay siege to the rival guilds EK.

winning guild gains one parcel of land from losing guild.

nothing is given away or created out of thin air. the parcels are earned through warfare and risk.

in order to get any rival designation guild must have meet these conditions.

1. participate and come in 1,2 or 3rd place in a guild vs guild campaign

2. have a extra parcel of land to anti for the price of war.

more to be added if need be

Just a thought I'm sure everyone brainstorming on this idea, we can make EK truly "worth it"

If you want risk involved set your EK to a Dregs pvp ruleset and invite any and all to come on down for a battle royal.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

If you want risk involved set your EK to a Dregs pvp ruleset and invite any and all to come on down for a battle royal.

not really risking anything are you? few coins maybe if you want... 

If you think the EK is optional you are very very mistaken.. what do you get as a reward for winning a campaign? Resources. Where do you use these Resources? EKs. What can you make in EKs? Releics and buff statues and the best gear.

Guilds will pool all their resources into the "Guild EK" and destroy everyone who thinks EKs are "optional"

Actually the devs have stated their optional.  So you, like a bunch of other people, keep letting your imagination run wild and neglect the facts.  Resources can be used in EKs or campaigns.  There will be more crafting going on in the campaigns then in the EKs.  Anything you can craft in your EK you can craft in the campaigns.  Relics and statues and whatever are NOT required to compete.  So what if they give you 1% increase in crafting speed or in passive training speed or resource collection.  That's not going to help you in combat.  Go ahead and collect those resources faster, just means you'll be ready to be looted quicker.  OMG, I finished leveling my character 3 days faster because of those EK buffs... Wooohooo.

Who cares if guilds pool their resources... that's kind of the point in a game like this.. but the EKs have nothing to do with pooling resources.  Resources will be in your account bank, not your EK.  You can choose to take them into your EK or leave them in your bank and import them from there into your next campaign.

I get that part and that's great, But it doesn't change the fact that there is only maybe one campaign you can bring crafted items into. thus making the EK's nothing but a trophy hall.  

Where you getting info like this?  Each ring can have multiple campaigns and each campaign can have their own import / export rules.  The example they game is just that, an example.  No import / export rules are set yet so there's no way you can know what will or won't be allowed into campaigns.  I'm sure there will be plenty of campaigns that allow for plenty of resources / crafted equipment to be imported.  And the right balance is probably something they'll work on figuring out during beta.

Some people are completely missing the point on EKs.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.. EKs = player retention.  The whole point to them is to allow the user to become invested in the game.  With the temporary nature of the campaigns, users need something of permanence in the game to give them the extra incentive to continue after a campaign is over and they potentially loose everything they've acquired in the last couple months.

If you add risk to the EKs then you'll essentially drive away a good chunk of the player base.  Then you'll have another one of the many PvP centric MMOs out there that have failed due to low population.  So go ahead, keep arguing for risk to be added to the EKs.  Not like any of us what this game to last more then 3 months anyways, right?

If they had just come out and said EKs are essentially player housing on steroids, then I doubt we'd be seeing all these EK type threads.  They've tried to make them optional but interesting and people just can't seem to help themselves in trying to make them THE game.

Why do I care about having a kingdom if everyone has one? 

It's not cool if you don't get to be a special snowflake.  

Not a great way to start a thread.  

Just one question, Why does there need to be risk involved?

If your EK is at risk, then won't that just motivate you to spend more time in it rather than in the campaigns?

Anything which encourages people to spend less time in campaigns is a bad thing in my book!

As for "fighting for land" as was mentioned, you can do that in the current design if you want. Find another ruler who agrees to anti up some land, set the two kingdoms to PVP and have at it!

Yeah we are so early into development that I know it will be debated and brought up a million more times but THIS RIGHT HERE is a main principal; a core to what will make the CAMPAIGNS great. Aren't they designing the game so that we spend most of our time in the Campaigns? 

I'm all for talking about ideas on expanding on the thing you can do in an EK but saying they are broken and need to be fix without looking at the larger picture is very naive. 

I know I'll be answer this question a 1000 times more over the next 6 months but most people will give up nor have the time/resources to EXPAND their personal EK and join (swear fealty) to another EK monarch. Thus we (the community) will be creating our own "shards" for others to visit, join, or agree to PvP with.

Yeah the EK's are only meant to be the "man cave" of CF. You know ... the place you can go to share a beer and bs session with mates, make yourself a pretty piece of armor/weapon, take your pixel for a walk around in peace while you plot your next revenge. That kinda stuff. 

288mqgz.png

It's not cool if you don't get to be a special snowflake.  

Not a great way to start a thread.  

Isn't that why we PVP to see who is better, kind of the same principle don't you think?