Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dajjal

Eternal Kingdoms Needs An Overhaul...

Isn't that why we PVP to see who is better, kind of the same principle don't you think?

There is a difference between challenging yourself against opponents for fun....

and only having fun with a game feature as long for as it feels exclusive to you.  

It is a tad hipster to loose interest in a feature when others are allowed to enjoy it too.  

They are planning to have the ability for two EKs to fight each other but are still working on it. The EKs are also for trade and just for expansion and showing off for those who are achievers and like to earn every last little thing in a game. Second depending on how much work you put into them, your EK will either be huge and people will come and go all the time, or it will be nonexistent. Having an EK is not the special thing it's building it up the way you want that is really cool. If you want to have risks and rewards join the campaigns. That is the core game, the EKs are a bonus for the people who want to have a more permanent expansion. Plus you can't be pulling people out of campaigns to defend their EK all that time. That would be frustrating and then you would have the EVE experience of a few HUGE guilds ruling all the EKs and vying for land while the rest of the players are frustrated that they can't craft or trade because these huge guilds just suck them dry the moment they try to do something outside the guild that rules them. (note: if you like EVE please keep playing and have fun, I, personally, don't really care for the game and think it is the epitome of the "strategy game that never resets" that the ArtCraft guys have been talking about)

id like to know how people can come to the conclusion that something needs an overhaul just by reading/hearing about a concept or idea that very well may change. Talk about judging the book by the cover.. I mean its either that or people must have somehow played this unreleased game to give them that definitive conclusion. I guess that's a drawback to a crowd funded project, some feel because they bought in that their opinion or idea of how the game should be vs what the devs want to do is more important and correct..

"So Doggetts f****** crazy i know that" - J Todd Coleman

Eh, maybe they'll come to their senses and not make some trammel meets shadowbane.

Optional PvP is not a PvP game.  If you can block people from coming to your "special space" it's not a game about politics, player choice, and consequence.  It's a game about getting battle points (was it "Victory"?), using em to get phat items, and dueling bros in the dregs.  Maybe you can do some phat tournament to see whose really the best!!!

Seriously, for a "war" simulator, I don't see much "war".  

I see coddling, arenas, and e-sport wannabe.  It's good to see more people realize that the current Ek system will make this game another run-of-the-mill game that only can brag about some voxel thing that will probably lag out in a 200v200.  The campaign system and lack of permanence already guts the concept of consequence as is.  Doing their EK system on top of no permanence will make this as distinguishable from WoW as Guildwars 2, Wildstar, Rift, etc are from WoW (well, that and a massively smaller budget).

Well then... if you don't like the game you don't have to buy it or back it you know that right? The game is way different from any of the aforementioned games. the EKs are primarily for trade and for the achievers who like to see some progress and reward. On top of this, you do realize that many of the higher risk campaigns will limit the weapons and armor you can import or just drop you naked (no weapons, no armor, no items). Also, if your computer lags because of voxels and 400 players in an mmo I think you just need a new computer. As for your "no consequence" rage I think the fact that you can go into a campaign with something and come out with nothing makes this a pretty risky endever in some areas. If you want permanence and large guilds who rule over all and crush and casual players making it really no fun for anyone not part of them go play eve.

only concern with EK's is the resources... so far, I seen that resources will come from campaigns?

if this is the case only select people will get the chance to take some of those resources back to EK.

You will have to wait until the campaign is over to get any resources over to the EK. (who will have resources to do anything in the EK's when the game releases?)

How will people trade in the EK worlds if they never won a campaign to get resources to trade?

How will people build buildings in their EK if they never go into a campaign to get resources?

There is a difference between challenging yourself against opponents for fun....

and only having fun with a game feature as long for as it feels exclusive to you.  

It is a tad hipster to loose interest in a feature when others are allowed to enjoy it too.  

guess I'm a hipster but I like the idea of losing or earning something.

just being given something loses its worth ..

Wait just a second.. people are wanting an overhaul when nobody has even seen the original yet?

maybe overhaul was to harsh of a word but i definitely think EK is the weakest link, again not here to bash EK just improve on what we already know about EK. 

Edited by dajjal

guess I'm a hipster but I like the idea of losing or earning something.

just being given something loses its worth ..

But all you are given is an instance.  You have to earn the materials to make it something.  

And your complaint was that other people can "earn something" too, which made you like it less. 

Edited by Decoy

maybe overhaul was to harsh of a word but i definitely think EK is the weakest link, again not here to bash EK just improve on what we already know about EK. 

How do you think it is the weakest link, when, I repeat, you haven't seen it?

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.. and gerbils on crowcaine."

Eh, maybe they'll come to their senses and not make some trammel meets shadowbane.

Optional PvP is not a PvP game. 

Not sure if we can call people idiots in these forums so I'll just say that you have a "mis-informed" about Crowfall. Crowfall is NOT a PvP game. Its an MMO where players are the most dangerous thing fighting for limited resources in a world that that will end. 

Is PvP a huge part of CF? Yes, because it is going to be inevitable do to the victory conditions & limited resources. Plus there will be player loot and item decay. 

This EK = Trammel is laughable because you could play all of the end game without fighting another player. EK has NO resources nor special gear (artifacts/runes) and just like the devs have explained is that NPC creatures and monsters is there is increase the danger of thw world bu t there wont be world bosses, raids, etc.

Looking at dfuw, people get way attached to their cities. Its just pixels that will get destroyed by your neighbor or traded off one day. People having a place to call their own when they get whooped doesnt hurt anybody. I bet people wont get this attachment to their pixels in campaigns when getting stomped is the norm of the community, and theyll always have those pixels to fall back on. Its encouraging those fluffy players to get out there and destroy stuff, which is the main objective of the game. I dont care how ek's turn out as long as we can kill eachother in mine. Ek will be a dueling/merchant area for me. I believe this mechanic will break this particular player base [who love their cities] out of their comfort zone and there will be more conquest pvp to be enjoyed.

There is no reason to undermine the potential benefits of having a completely optional function in the game. Yeah, i get it, ill be hanging out in the dregs, thats where the game is. These dev posts lately are trying to bring a seperate community together, and thats where the value lies.

Just appreciate that this game is going to be different.

Saying this is inadequate, not necessary, or anything of this nature seems counterproductive to the development process. we havent even seen the core model and people are throwing around attacks on a subject that has never been introduced to the public. (Edit)

Edited by PoopHat

nap8S2r.pnghttp://youtube.com/multimegawatts subscribe for Crowfall videos!

How do you think it is the weakest link, when, I repeat, you haven't seen it?

* based on what we know about it. better? 

not going to lie i want shadowbane 2, but ill settle for crowfall as it has a lot of great ideas. but just like the first page when playtocrush.com was launched, i don't want a trophy hall or medals. seems a little bait n switch, but there is enough meat in the game to make me stick around. 

with this thread ( that has went way off topic ) I was hoping we could add more to EK's, not just settle on "well if you don't want to do it don't " attitude.

personally i see a lot of fun to be had in the EK's with a few tweaks.

* based on what we know about it. better? 

not going to lie i want shadowbane 2, but ill settle for crowfall as it has a lot of great ideas. but just like the first page when playtocrush.com was launched, i don't want a trophy hall or medals. seems a little bait n switch, but there is enough meat in the game to make me stick around. 

with this thread ( that has went way off topic ) I was hoping we could add more to EK's, not just settle on "well if you don't want to do it don't " attitude.

personally i see a lot of fun to be had in the EK's with a few tweaks.

You would likely be happy to know then that two monarchs can mutually decide to have their EKs fight. The whole thing is explained in the AMA they had on reddit that I'm too busy to go find again but if you ctrl F and search for EK war or something it will likely come up. (and it's been all over the forums so it shouldn't be too hard to find). They ARE adding more to the EKs however your origional post sounded very I want something nobody else is allowed to have.... yet in a way that's what the EK is. You can make it whatever you want. Just because everyone has one doesn't mean everyone has the same thing. In fact, from what we know so far each EK will be completely different even just a few months after launch (with the exception of the people who don't do anything with their EK of course). It is pretty impressive what they plan to do and I hope they get it right. Why don't you wait and see what they add before deciding they need an "overhaul." 

The one big thing i'm not a fan about the EK is this...

The "home base" of a guild is safe.

It cant be sieged...

It can "Toggle" PvP if it wants.

It can sell the Guilds goods, without any chance of losing it ( on its vendors, in a "turned off PvP" land)

How can you crush your enemy ( besides the Campaign...IF you can find where they are at) if their home is safe ??

This is the only thing im concerned about.....I miss the Shadowbane days, where massive guilds fights over a city.......and yes, i understand, the campains will do this...but how can the game guarantee that my guild will be in the same campaign as my enemy?  what if we want to seek out and crush a certain guild?

I just wish they would rethink the EK-Trammel part of, which is otherwise, a good looking PvP game we have been waiting for..........

snow-miser-o.gif

Edited by SnowMizer

dulpoa76627.png

How can you crush your enemy ( besides the Campaign...IF you can find where they are at) if their home is safe ??

By cutting off their supplies, I would think. Sure, their home base will be safe so you can't destroy what they have already collected... but much like seiged cities of olden times, I figure you can still choke guilds out by cutting off their supplies from Campaigns. Eventually they would run low or out of much needed materials which is what I assume you're aiming for. I know, it's not as direct a method as just crushing them outright but you probably can still slowly squeeze the life out of them with the right placement of troops in campaigns.

Edited by Jirue

How can you crush your enemy ( besides the Campaign...IF you can find where they are at) if their home is safe ??

If you could destroy their EK, why not be able to perma-kill their characters?  What stops them from rebuilding if we can't perma-kill characters?

IF you could perma-kill their characters, they just reroll, what stops them from rerolling?  Why not banning them when they die?

IF they are banned at death, what stops them from getting another account?  Better take some wirecutters to their home internet cables!

But that's enough sarcasm.  The way you are allowed to "crush" your enemies at the moment is by choking their imported supplies, as Jirue said. Making them work harder for the income they need for their taxes to keep the property.  

You are basically just hoping to move this arbitrary line around to define "crush"... and it isn't like the level you want to "crush" to, the harsh punishments, are the best solutions for further battles and gameplay.  The goal isn't to take everything your opponent has and leave him like a bankrupt monopoly character.  It is to keep people fighting in campaigns by forcing upkeep on structures that require campaign victories to pay off. 

... I thought this was a troll/joke topic.
During Alpha and Beta features are being tested, some will drop, some will be created.
An overhaul is for something complete, which this is, well, not.

It's okay to give suggestions, or try and ask how things work (or going to work), but stating an overhaul is needed to something that does not yet exist... Well, it sounds silly, doesn't it?

I've noticed that the devs spend a lot more time "selling" the campaigns rather than the EKs. It seems about 60/40.

The impetus of gameplay seems to really center around the campaigns, while the EKs seem like a fun distraction to be enjoyed on occasion and for minor benefit.

I've noticed that the devs spend a lot more time "selling" the campaigns rather than the EKs. It seems about 60/40.

The impetus of gameplay seems to really center around the campaigns, while the EKs seem like a fun distraction to be enjoyed on occasion and for minor benefit.

Well, it's only logical, isn't it?

The meat of the game, PvP and Resources are located in the campaigns.

EK needs you to be active in the campaigns to become useful (resource gathering).

Basically, this game CAN be played without EKs, but EKs have to have campaigns to work! (Else they are just glorified chat hubs).

But when you combine the two, both of them shine.

That means resource management, land, taxes, equipment, guilds.

I'd assume that the priority for Alpha would be Character development and combat, which will grow to include economy and crafting, maybe limited EK management, and eventually the merging of the features to become less "separated".

Besides, when you think MMO you think combat, it's the way to create interest in PvP players and guilds, and if that's really the first priority, a lot of supporter/fans/players input is needed.