Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dajjal

Eternal Kingdoms Needs An Overhaul...

only concern with EK's is the resources... so far, I seen that resources will come from campaigns?

if this is the case only select people will get the chance to take some of those resources back to EK.

You will have to wait until the campaign is over to get any resources over to the EK. (who will have resources to do anything in the EK's when the game releases?)

How will people trade in the EK worlds if they never won a campaign to get resources to trade?

How will people build buildings in their EK if they never go into a campaign to get resources?

They won't, and they're not supposed to.

If you don't think you have a good chance at winning in the highest payout campaigns, you in stead play lower payout campaigns that allow losers to keep some of their mats.

The entire design of the EKs is to give you, your guild, or your kingdom of loosely affiliated players something to build upon over the stretch of as long as you play, and incentivize you to fall in to play patterns that prioritize actually doing things that help you win campaigns rather than entering campaigns and screwing around.

The game isn't about EKs. It's about winning campaigns. If you're not winning campaigns, you should probably be switching campaign types, recruiting more, striking alliances with other guilds, or just getting better at the game in general.

If you can't be bothered to do any of those things, the intent is that you rent space from someone that does.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I have no problem with how the EKs are currently proposed. There will be open PvP, seiges and asset destruction inside of the campaigns themselves. Guilds will stand to lose alot in the campaigns. I like the style. It resembles SB, only with a harder core ruleset inside a world that will reset. What's wron with that. They have stated that some campaigns could last from 6 months up to a year. That is more than enough time to have it out and move toward a winning condition. And it won't get nearly as stale

Let's face it, SB always shined at server up, or restart if you wish. The chase for land, gear and assets. Mine fights (described as POI here in CF). The one major drawback is that people hated re-rolling their characters. That will not be a problem here. I love the concept.

Having said all that, it baffles me why, given the various campaign rule sets and eventual win conditions, that people would take such exception to basically a separate but permanent "Social/Trade" aspect to this game. It will grant limited buffs? Sure, but you have to earn those in campaigns. You can buy and sell goods/gear? Sure, but the "Hard Core" campaigns severely limits even that.

In my opinion the EK gives guilds a hub, something else to do. A separate "world" to build that remains permanent (and frankly a world that will probably help immensely with player retention). It is not "The Game". I think that's good design. If you cannot defeat/humiliate/degrade/poorly made socks talk a foe in the campaigns, you probably do not want to go to their EK anyway. 

By cutting off their supplies, I would think. Sure, their home base will be safe so you can't destroy what they have already collected... but much like seiged cities of olden times, I figure you can still choke guilds out by cutting off their supplies from Campaigns. Eventually they would run low or out of much needed materials which is what I assume you're aiming for. I know, it's not as direct a method as just crushing them outright but you probably can still slowly squeeze the life out of them with the right placement of troops in campaigns.

I did not consider this....I hope the devs have.

If you can "Blockade" their EK, so they cant get resources to the Campaigns, or jump/loot their caravans heading out to resupply their Campaign.....Then that is an aspect i can live with.

I just know there will be enemy guilds that we will want to do everything we can to hinder their game.....and many guilds that will want to do the same to ours.

That, to me/us, is the fun......and why we are backing Crowfall.....

snow-miser-o.gif

Edited by SnowMizer

dulpoa76627.png

In my opinion the EK gives guilds a hub, something else to do. A separate "world" to build that remains permanent (and frankly a world that will probably help immensely with player retention). It is not "The Game". I think that's good design. If you cannot defeat/humiliate/degrade/poorly made socks talk a foe in the campaigns, you probably do not want to go to their EK anyway. 

Yeap. And it's not just guild hub, but also community hub. A place for taverns, festivals, council/leader meetings, fight nights, PVP tournaments, gambling and other player-run activities. Since the players control the PVP status and other aspects of it, the EK seems like a great place for a lot of the game's sandbox/emergent gameplay to occur. 

Well then... if you don't like the game you don't have to buy it or back it you know that right? The game is way different from any of the aforementioned games. the EKs are primarily for trade and for the achievers who like to see some progress and reward. On top of this, you do realize that many of the higher risk campaigns will limit the weapons and armor you can import or just drop you naked (no weapons, no armor, no items). Also, if your computer lags because of voxels and 400 players in an mmo I think you just need a new computer. As for your "no consequence" rage I think the fact that you can go into a campaign with something and come out with nothing makes this a pretty risky endever in some areas. If you want permanence and large guilds who rule over all and crush and casual players making it really no fun for anyone not part of them go play eve.

I'm going to guess EVE has a larger playerbase than this game will ever have.  So clearly it's fun for some people.  However, I really do not enjoy the non-avatar nature of eve, in addition to the excel-sheet styled combat.

Crowfall got much of their initial crowd here from doing a bait and switch where they talked about having a unique experience that doesn't care about rewards or trophies, and then go on to talk about "victory point systems" and "trophy rooms".  I can't remember the last war that was won or lost based on a point system, with trophies and tournament servers as the end result.  Why brand it a "throne war simulator"?  Why continue to talk a big game about not being for everyone, and then try to make it for everyone?  Hype is just hype, and when it goes to far it is stupid.  They even used EVE as their main selling point on kickstarter - but you're saying eve is too hard?

So again, how exactly is this game different than all the other big MMOs?  You can't really lose anything.  You can lose some temporary items on a temporary server that only lets you keep a small portion (randomly, of course) of your winnings anyway (and then can only use a percentage of that, if at all, to bring to new campaigns).  That's not going to illicit much of a visceral response when you fail.  That just makes you shrug and go "oh well", and then continue on until you get bored of hopping around and find some other game to waste time on.  This is literally an identical experience to every other mainstream MMO.  Sure, some things like voxels or some crappy new take on crafting might be different, but that's not big picture stuff so who cares.  That's the same type of difference in saying "well rift has RIFTS that randomly spawn dynamic content!" or "wildstar has a cool aiming system!" or "guild wars 2 has large scale pvp sieges!" when trying to make the games sound like they're not just wow+some flair.

So why would I bother saying poorly made socks when "OMG IT'S JUST ALPHA!"?  Because this game, based on their initial P2C website, had some promise.  It seems like they're doing everything to remove said promise, and it's good for some people to say "hey, this is getting stupid".  Otherwise there's no chance this game will be something other than a run of the mill game.  A lot of people here are very naive, and hang on the words of the developers - I've been around for countless game developments, and it's always the same hogwash.  Everyone did the same thing with Guild Wars 2.  Massive fanboy and "its just testing" and it's going to be some awesome pvp gam.... and wait, it's just another boring WoW game.  Sure people play it, just like they will this if it goes unchanged, but they will play it for the unique flair and then move on when another gimmick catches their fancy.  It won't be a great game that people remember for years or really give a poorly made socks about.

Edited by frobobo

I'm going to guess EVE has a larger playerbase than this game will ever have.  So clearly it's fun for some people.  However, I really do not enjoy the non-avatar nature of eve, in addition to the excel-sheet styled combat.

Crowfall got much of their initial crowd here from doing a bait and switch where they talked about having a unique experience that doesn't care about rewards or trophies, and then go on to talk about "victory point systems" and "trophy rooms".  I can't remember the last war that was won or lost based on a point system, with trophies and tournament servers as the end result.  Why brand it a "throne war simulator"?  Why continue to talk a big game about not being for everyone, and then try to make it for everyone?  Hype is just hype, and when it goes to far it is stupid.  They even used EVE as their main selling point on kickstarter - but you're saying eve is too hard?

So again, how exactly is this game different than all the other big MMOs?  You can't really lose anything.  You can lose some temporary items on a temporary server that only lets you keep a small portion (randomly, of course) of your winnings anyway (and then can only use a percentage of that, if at all, to bring to new campaigns).  That's not going to illicit much of a visceral response when you fail.  That just makes you shrug and go "oh well", and then continue on until you get bored of hopping around and find some other game to waste time on.  This is literally an identical experience to every other mainstream MMO.  Sure, some things like voxels or some crappy new take on crafting might be different, but that's not big picture stuff so who cares.  That's the same type of difference in saying "well rift has RIFTS that randomly spawn dynamic content!" or "wildstar has a cool aiming system!" or "guild wars 2 has large scale pvp sieges!" when trying to make the games sound like they're not just wow+some flair.

So why would I bother saying poorly made socks when "OMG IT'S JUST ALPHA!"?  Because this game, based on their initial P2C website, had some promise.  It seems like they're doing everything to remove said promise, and it's good for some people to say "hey, this is getting stupid".  Otherwise there's no chance this game will be something other than a run of the mill game.  A lot of people here are very naive, and hang on the words of the developers - I've been around for countless game developments, and it's always the same hogwash.  Everyone did the same thing with Guild Wars 2.  Massive fanboy and "its just testing" and it's going to be some awesome pvp gam.... and wait, it's just another boring WoW game.  Sure people play it, just like they will this if it goes unchanged, but they will play it for the unique flair and then move on when another gimmick catches their fancy.  It won't be a great game that people remember for years or really give a poorly made socks about.

God help you my friend. Pro tip of the day. Bring the flame retardant suit when you comeback. They are going to be on you like flies on poorly made socks.  Artcraft has done nothing sleazy during this kickstarter at all    /SARCASM