Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

Player Experience & Self-Policing Suggestion Thread

If this were another PvE game constant killing would be griefing... but this is a war game, where the entire point is killing the enemy and winning.  Constant killing of someone who refuses to change tactics and keeps respawning in the same area is going to end up being their fault, not the killer's fault.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

an in game "report" button for stuff that goes over the "Line"

individual kill/death lists for the Players...

Guild Kill on Sight lists for controlled NPCs and structures/merchants...

that's it really....imo, the rest is up to the Players themselves

just my one sixth billionths of the World's opinion.....your mileage may vary...

+1.  This is what I'd like to see as well.

This is the problem with pvp in general. Any crybaby can report players that kills him a couple of times and say its harassment.

We have seen it in every big pvp game and its even more prevalent in mobas where people have gotten banned for harassment when all they did was kill a guy and laugh at him for his noobish playstyle.

If we are going to stay PC and protect players in a care bear bubble, then maybe this game isnt the one I thought it would be.

Edited by zinnie

This is the problem with pvp in general. Any crybaby can report players that kills him a couple of times and say its harassment.

We have seen it in every big pvp game and its even more prevalent in mobas where people have gotten banned for harassment when all they did was kill a guy and laugh at him for his noobish playstyle.

If we are going to stay PC and protect players in a care bear bubble, then maybe this game isnt the one I thought it would be.

this is why, before we spend 10 pages yammering about it, we really need to have the devs take a stance on exactly what does constitute griefing? because there are lots (most?) of players out there who believe that anything which negatively impacts their personal gaming experience constitutes griefing.

between probably having the words 'Goon Squad' under my name and my being unconstructive here im never not going to get attacked, and if im dumb enough to let some guy kill me over and over, thats on me

this is why, before we spend 10 pages yammering about it, we really need to have the devs take a stance on exactly what does constitute griefing? because there are lots (most?) of players out there who believe that anything which negatively impacts their personal gaming experience constitutes griefing.

at least we have shadowbane as an example of what they are likely to do, which luckily is, tough poorly made socks dude dont play dumb from now on i guess

gtlLXYT.png

Well, Gordon did say they wouldn't tolerate abuse of the in-game report button either.

Any crybaby can report players that kills him a couple of times and say its harassment.

If that gets the crybaby banned for false reporting of harassment, he won't do it again.

IhhQKY6.gif

Yes but can I kill the same guy over and over without it being considered Griefing or a bannable offense?

Where does the line go when it comes to ingame killing tho?

Is ganking a kid a couple of times considered harassment?

I just dont want to get banned for having a couple of players report me for stalking them for a couple of days.

Would killing another player ever be considered griefing?

I thought I had correctly answered this question with this line: 

"PvP (and competition in general) is the nature of this game.  Big rewards only come from taking big risk.  Taking that risk means it is quite likely that you WILL be killed by other players.  Accept that fact and move on. You want a nemesis system for those who have killed you many times over? A bounty system to allow you to place a nice reward on the head of someone who’s caused you much anguish? We like these ideas, and we are open to them!"

But to answer directly, We consider killing other players apart of the game. Remember, we're building a pvp game from the ground up so the horrors of graveyard camping that you've seen in games past won't be a thing here. If you're dying to the same people, you're likely putting yourself in danger, not a helpless lamb being slaughtered over and over. 

Congrats to those who manage to stalk repeatedly successfully. We assume people will be hunting you down (bounty system or not) if you are that much of a nuisance

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

perfect

As far as your question goes though - I'm not really all about implementing a bunch of hardcoded systems for this stuff. Sure, you need it for taking over a keep, etc, etc. But as far as policing behavior goes, that should be all player driven basically

gtlLXYT.png

Think me and CYT share the same concern. Will there ever be a point where a GM steps in for me killing someone, unless I'm hacking/exploiting?

I was suspended for a week on a popular game because after ever single time I killed this particular guy I just say "HaHa", over the course of months, probably hundreds of times...and was told it was griefing because I was causing emotional distress.

Edit:

Tully beat me to it. I'm satisfied.

Edited by primal

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Congrats to those who manage to stalk repeatedly successfully. We assume people will be hunting you down (bounty system or not) if you are that much of a nuisance

A bounty system would be amazing. I am just saying!

I did a huge wallo'text on the other grief about griefing thread so go there if you want the long version.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5537-competitive-attitudes-player-policing-and-toxicity/page-4 - page 4.

I strongly prefer a community run policing system rather than one embedded into the game.  What would be needed from a CF structural POV is an ignore function ingame.  Wouldn't stop someone from being yanked into PvP but at least they won't have to read someone's neanderthal mutterings during the fight.

A report function would also be needed, perhaps with a checklist that asks the player to check off what reportable offense (racial slurs, threatened irl, revealed personal info ingame etc.) occurred.  Repeat killing should not be on the list as it's really not a reportable offense IMO in a PvP centric game. 

Other than that, leave us be. We'll figure it out.  I may be a squishycore but that doesn't mean I don't have hellameanandscary friends.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

A bounty system would be amazing. I am just saying!

it shure would be amazing...

it would be amazingly abused and exploited....every time

hell...ANY artificial coded systemic that CAN be abused and exploited WILL BE....

reputation and bounty systems are easy to abuse due to their very nature....hence why it should be left to the Players, imo...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

hell...ANY artificial coded systemic that CAN be abused and exploited WILL BE....

reputation and bounty systems are easy to abuse due to their very nature....hence why it should be left to the Players, imo...

This! Less is more!

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

yep, I guarantee you if they put in a bounty system and someone puts a bounty on me, my friend is getting the kill and we're pocketing half the gold

gtlLXYT.png