Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weebles

Adding To The Kickstarter Rewards - Mount Statues?

My Idea:

With the Mounts and Statue Kickstarter unlocks being achieved it would be nice to have statues that can be placed in an EK that would give the player the mount object(s).

How it would work:

Since there are three tiers of unlocks for the mounts there could be 3 individual statues (1 for each type).  It would have the basic rules of only that player being able to use the statue(s) and it has to be on a parcel that player owns.  The statue can be placed in the players own EK or another players EK but nobody will be able to use the statue(s).  

Loot rules on the item would be bound upon pickup, so players that kill you and get full loot on your body are able to pick it up, which would depend on the loot rules of the played campaign.  (I will try to find the link to where the mount loot was discussed by ArtCraft).  Mounts would be destroyed if the player drops the item and there could be a item limit of 1 of each type on a characters from the same account.  Every character on the same account will have full access to using the statue, given that the player can get to the location of the statue(s), since you can place them in other players EK.

This system, or method, would allow players to keep these items indefinitely and still keep the full loot option if the player takes the mount into a full loot campaign. Since only having 1 mount on your body it would stop abuse of people gaining large quantities of limited edition mounts since not everyone will have backed the game by the time of release. It would also add some value to the Kickstarter Backers EK by adding more aesthetic appeal with the addition of these statues.

TLDR: ArtCraft gives use 3 new statues for the mount reward on the kickstarter, they can be placed in EK and act as an NPC/Shop for each mount.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

So you want ACE to sell mounts? Or is it more decorative statues with no real power?

Both might be added to the pledge store, I have no objection with ACE selling mounts, aslong as the movementspeed is the same on every mount.

Then it becomes purely cosmetic and novelty.

No with the 1.3 million hit on Kickstarter it gave people free mounts to people of certain tiers.  This is just a way for those backers to get their mounts and get some bonus EK content with it to help distribute the rewards.

Edited by Weebles

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall