Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conversation and Community building...

doc gonzo

heyas Folks...

here's my Thing...this Thread is for general Conversation, there is NO "derailment" cuz the Topic is all about the ebb and flow of Conversation between Players and how that aids in the process of building an online Community

ya see, to yer olde Doc...there's more to it than the dry and sterile just "stay on Topic" that most Forums espouse, there's the Social and Political aspect of it all in the Context of a Player driven environment....friendships and alliances can be forged or destroyed by such a trivial thing as some Comments in a Thread

and that's a "good thing" imo...

nothing fosters that sense of immersion and engagtement like some good conversation, yeah...it can wander from whatever the Thread is about...most especially after that Topic has run it's course....folks start to just converse among themselves or go off on a Tangent, and then much can be revealed about the Poster, and thus evaluated by the Readers

simple really....

sooOOoooOOOOoOOOOooOOOoooOOooooo... let's try and keep the truly outrageous Stuff here, wax poetic, get yer troll on, speak yer Mind...and pay attention

me...i'm gonna try and make certain that outside of this Thread when i Reply to have at least one paragraph in my Post that's on Topic and relevant to it's subject matter...

the rest of said Posting, well....i gotta be meh, eh?

what do YOU think?

Excelsior!

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

So this thread is specifically designed to circumvent the CoC rules about trolling and outrageous things?

Reported.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

So this thread is specifically designed to circumvent the CoC rules about trolling and outrageous things?

Reported.

lmao...fair enough

and no, not trying to bypass or hide anything...just trying to set up a space for any and all conversations...to ramble and roam wherever it takes the participants, and thus make it a lil easier on the Mods, while giving a bit of Freedom...at least in one place, for Conversation to be more organic

not to mention pure Entertainment value.... let's face it, strict adherance with NOTHING to talk about concering the actual Game itself woudl get way old way quick....

then boring...

then crickets

and then where's your Community for the next 40 days or so?

just my thinking....i could be worng...it's happened before, 1978 i think, i got something wrong on a test in high school

but that's not important right now...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

I didn't really report you. Why so serious?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I didn't really report you. Why so serious?

if you had i woulda been rilly rilly surprised...

no worries...i know that YOU know that i know

it's some of the other Folks that might require elucidation, ya know?

so.....this...

Excelsior!

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

Awe.. that made me think Heath Ledger.  I am now very sad. :(

Its okay. Cheer up. Were getting married, remember?

SWrkfdj.jpg

Its okay. Cheer up. Were getting married, remember?

We are?!  I thought you changed your mind when you failed to tell me about this wedding that you are planning for us!

It will make King Steven Dragonscales wedding look like a common Las Vegas 24 hour chapel stripper marriage.

You'll have to wait and see.

SWrkfdj.jpg

lies.

You should report him for reporting you

lmao...

cereally?

ya obviously don't know yer olde Doc well at all.... i'd cut my own arm off before i hit the "report" button

especially in THIS thread, ffs...

but i'm gonna chalk it up to humor, and just wince a bit

cake or pie?

carry on...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

well now...it ain't safe out there

mebbe i should hide out until the mini-reveal 2morrow?

mebbe i should stifle mah urge to type and be a smart alec and such?

nah.....

day i give an aerial fornication intersecting a rotating pastry is the day i hang up mah keyboard....

that being said,  how are folks feelingabout the Community so far?

seems some are will to at least look into the "dark side", and as long as we aren't in for some kind of pay to win or card game...others seem willing to be patient

but it IS a powderkeg around here....trying to keep a lid on folks who are just waiting for info....and have nothing else to talk about, so they go round and round and round and round the same things over and over and over

soOOOoOOOoOOOoooo....the Rx is tunes and levity methinks....

bet ya weren't expecting that clip....

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

I would like to point out, doc Gonzo, that you have stolen my line that I say, irl, to anyone that has the misfortune of hearing it:

Cereal and cereally? 

That's my line, doc.

Now, to stay On Topic to this post about not having to stay on topic, I would like to thank you for your very informative, and engaging post.  I feel that it will help the community to bec......yah, I'm no good at political speeches.  Oh! Politics, that was in your post...yes, politics, this game will be filled with it, and I'm very much looking foward to seeing how it all plays out.

(I gave it my best shot.)

lol...relax...here we is moar open...it's about Conversation...not Topic

the ebb and flow between folks, yeah i know Forums have a lot that is just about being Informative, and that's great

but a lot of it is also about the Community, yes?

as for the taking things cereally....bah, i bet i was doing it before you sprouted hair "down there", if not much earlier...

but i am WAY happy to see folks from places other than SB get pumped for the things we like, makes me feel the gaming world hasn't gone completely soft and cuddly in search of the almighty "casual player's dollar"

soOOOOoOOooo...something fer yer ears...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

well...

i tried

Excelsior!

I like your idea, we do need to build the path for the Conversation sake ONLY, general discussion about "nothing" can help. Also Doc, keep that awesome music coming!

I think it's becoming pretty evident that the carebears are making these forums a huge waste of time for real pvpers... every PvP community i've been talking about this game in has put it on "check back in a few years" status, it's never a good sign for a potential "pvp" game when the devs straight off the bat start coddling pseudo pvpers...

Shadowbane forums weren't like this... darkfall wasn't like this... i guess Wiz101bane is like this...

I think it's becoming pretty evident that the carebears are making these forums a huge waste of time for real pvpers... every PvP community i've been talking about this game in has put it on "check back in a few years" status, it's never a good sign for a potential "pvp" game when the devs straight off the bat start coddling pseudo pvpers...

Shadowbane forums weren't like this... darkfall wasn't like this... i guess Wiz101bane is like this...

LOL you are funny, you will get a cookie!

cookie-monster-your-edm.jpg

I've yet see the devs coddle.  I've seen them say "give it a try" knowing it isn't going to be for everyone.  Every PvP community is smart for the "check back in a few years" because they've (just like all of us) have been burned by every other "PvP" game made.  I wish I'd ignore it and not care until it was playable.  Would be easier (though not nearly as much fun).

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"