Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grayfox

Crowfall Versus Shroud Of The Avatar Versus Star Citizen

I'm a fairly high level backer for each game.  Which is the most promising?  

Currently I believe Star Citizen is the most promising based upon early adoption, but Shroud of the Avatar is quietly building an incredible experience.

I believe Crowfall will be quite successful but perhaps not as big as Shroud after release.

I don't understand this post? Most of us on here are only backers for crowfall. The other games aren't made my ArtCraft nor are releated to crowfall.

Thanks for your opinon, I guess?

They are all recently crowd funded titles and each company has actively supported the other.  Your loss for only backing one.  The purpose is to find out other player's expectations of each title.

Why is your first post on this forum a quasi-advertisement post, yet you claim to be a "high level backer"?

Why are you kids so defensive and paranoid?   Each of these games are not directly in competition with the other and all can be successful.

Why are you kids so defensive and paranoid?   Each of these games are not directly in competition with the other and all can be successful.

Apologies for my first post; I more or less skimmed through and saw the last line. Nevertheless, this should be moved to off topic.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.. and gerbils on crowcaine."

I think you're reading to much in between the lines. We aren't defensive, nor paranoid. All the games are very good and will all be successful. It's just that most people on here only backed crowfall, so we can't have a proper conversation with you on it.

However, I do plan on getting star citizen once it comes out.

I don't see SC being out for another few years (the full game).  I don't know alot about Shroud of the Avatar.  I do believe they are after different audiences.  Some players will swap between them depending on how the feel. other's will stay with one and ride it out.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I'm backing CF and SC, SoTA just didn't get my attention. Two completely different games with different audiences. My antics were fine on the SC forum for a while, but it's just gotten too big for it's britches now....everything is PC and katamarii'd. I'll probably pick it up when FPS is released since I've gotten bored of arena commander...in fact, I sold a scythe of mine to back this game (plus some computer upgrades).

I'll be playing both for sure. As CF shows more promise, I'll probably back it just as much as I have SC.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

They're all just too different to really compare I think.  

Shroud of the avatar seems more like a MMO lite with single player being a main focus with optional multiplayer and consensual PVP.  

Star Citizen is more of a "traditional" MMO in the way that it has a persistent universe.  Probably the closest comparison is EVE though even that is pretty far off from it's vision.  

Crowfalls closest current comparison I would say is Planetside 2 with it's focus on dominating the opposing "team" and "winning" a PVP battle and having a very hard PvP focus.  But yet again, this is a very shaky comparison so not really fair.

Edited by Shadowmant

I backed both SC and Crowfall highly as well Greyfox.

I'm very excited for both games really and will probably be playing Starcitizen more casually, while my focus will be on Crowfall.

It is indeed nice to see both Developers supporting each other and I believe firmly that with a friendly competition and support between these Developers can be much more reached then if both go their own path. 

All three games are likely to gather their very own crowed of players and some might overlap. I'm certain that all three will be successful in their own way and enough to sustain their Playerbase. :)

I believe Crowfall is the most promising if their vision remains unchanged.  All efforts are highly focused on specific things which to me, means a greater chance at succeeding at those things.

Shroud of the Avatar is promising because you can see the game progress with each release update.  Some say that they are focusing too much on the selective multiplayer, but I feel pretty comfortable that they will achieve both and the game will expand nicely through the 5 episodes. 

Now SC is a different animal.  Going on Chris Robert's classic games, I think to some degree the game will be good.  All donations are technically to fund Squadron 42, the sp campaign (verified by Sandi the vp of marketing) so the game will definitely succeed on that promise of delivering a superb singleplayer like Wing Commander.

I think Star Citizen overpromised and that they lied to their early backers multiple times.  Chris Roberts was quoted way back that the limited ships were never going to be available for cash again.  They later opened those same ships up for sale and Ben (community manager) stated that their funding goals had changed and they wished to fully crowdfund the game.  They also opened up the lifetime insurance after the date they said it would never be available again.  They created a "Veteran Backer" category and stated that it was unfair that only the Original Backers had lifetime insurance.  So basically, as time went on, they grew arrogant and dismissed the promises made to the generous early backers that funded their project.  This game is promising more than any game has ever just to get more funding.  But I honestly believe it will fail on many of those promises and likely just end up with a bunch of instanced modules.  I do hope the game succeeds and wish their fans well though. 

I really hope that Crowfall's core vision remains relatively unchanged and that they honor their backers.  This can be an incredibly innovative game and I'm excited to see what they accomplish.

Just my opinion. :)

I have also backed these 3 (as well as other KS games) mainly because I like to see my name added onto the credits, makes me feel like I did something with my life ;p

seriously tho, can't wait for CF and SC. Your definitely asking for trouble posting about SC here tho, the vast majority of posts I've read on the subject has been nothing but negative with a few positive outlooks. Good luck, and welcome to the community