Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TragicNumberOne

Mini Campaigns

would any of you like to see some super-short campaigns

I would like to see 3-7 day campaigns crop up at the conclusion of each previous short campaign. Would anyone else like something like this?

This is more experimental: but what if there were to be a 1-hour campaign, on a small map, so more of a death-match?

Edit:

An other idea that feeds into shorter campaigns would be... : New Player-Only Campaigns. The game could have some kind of exp. system that is unrelated to actual character progression, and this system could be used to identify a player's experience. This system could also be used to bar off certain campaigns. like rank 10 and below campaigns for new players.

Expanding on this, we could have a rank 50 and above only campaign for experienced players.

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

3-7 day campaigns seems like it would not get much done, but not against it.

1 hour campaigns is a stinking MOBA.

If time spent reflects how much export there is (meaning it would be miniscule next to the normal campaigns), I wouldn't have an issue with a weeklong campaign existing.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

No to the hour long one for me. It would lack any of the feel this game tries to capture. Weeklong might even be too short but I'd definitely be willing to hear ideas on how to properly implement it.

At the end of a permadeath campaign they should have a 'purge weekend', where prior players who died can enter as ghosts only able to attack those left living.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Week long campaigns sounds interesting. But I'm not sure how well it'd work. Hour long campaigns get a big fat no, though. I'd rather have a match of DoTA or resub to WoW and just queue for battlegrounds all day.

231e101d88.jpg

3-7 day campaigns seems like it would not get much done, but not against it.

1 hour campaigns is a stinking MOBA.

If time spent reflects how much export there is (meaning it would be miniscule next to the normal campaigns), I wouldn't have an issue with a weeklong campaign existing.

This seems to be the consensus

At the end of a permadeath campaign they should have a 'purge weekend', where prior players who died can enter as ghosts only able to attack those left living.

That would be cute, but has to be balanced VERY CAREFULY.

(I added an idea to the main part of the thread, I want to see what you all think about it)

Edited by TragicNumberOne

This seems to be the consensus

That would be cute, but has to be balanced VERY CAREFULY.

(I added an idea to the main part of the thread, I want to see what you all think about it)

Doesn't necessarily need to be balanced, it's just meant to end the campaign. No incentives for the ghosts at all other than revenge. It's late so probably lame.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

would any of you like to see some super-short campaigns

I would like to see 3-7 day campaigns crop up at the conclusion of each previous short campaign. Would anyone else like something like this?

This is more experimental: but what if there were to be a 1-hour campaign, on a small map, so more of a death-match?

Edit:

An other idea that feeds into shorter campaigns would be... : New Player-Only Campaigns. The game could have some kind of exp. system that is unrelated to actual character progression, and this system could be used to identify a player's experience. This system could also be used to bar off certain campaigns. like rank 10 and below campaigns for new players.

Expanding on this, we could have a rank 50 and above only campaign for experienced players.

I am for anything that allows there to be an arena short term battleground system which would allow for a distraction from the longer campaign.

I am not for a hour long MOBA style gather rescources and pvp till we all gang up at the end of the hour type situation.  Small unit tactics in a battlefeild scenario...sure why not.

Edited by Operator

Problem is, people like me would figure out how to win these as quickly as possible. Get all the loots and wonder what those 2-3 mo campaigns are up to.

If they did exist they would likely give poorly made socks-tier rewards.

I like this idea. Perhaps to balance it, you could only do damage to the player who killed you, if they are still in the campaign themselves? One last chance for revenge. Could you imagine the person with the most kills, and the army of the angry slain after them?

The idea may never be entertained, but it does sound like a fun idea primal!

Problem is, people like me would figure out how to win these as quickly as possible. Get all the loots and wonder what those 2-3 mo campaigns are up to.

Well, I'm OK with that actually. Part of the fun of a short campaign is the mad-dash to victory! Also, bear in mind, there will only be 1 or 2 running at a time so you will have more characters to do other things in the longer campaigns(and hopefully the short ones will have a lower reward/time ratio).

I love how "Uncle Bob" has become a term we all know, love, and use.

^^ ;)

I like this idea. Perhaps to balance it, you could only do damage to the player who killed you, if they are still in the campaign themselves? One last chance for revenge. Could you imagine the person with the most kills, and the army of the angry slain after them?

The idea may never be entertained, but it does sound like a fun idea primal!

No, I prefer to think something along the lines of:

guild leader: its revenge weekends

solder: I killed so many people! help me!

guild leader: don't worry johny, we're ready

*camaera pans out* thousands of spirits come up the hill to the guild castle as the entire guild has archers pound down on the vengeful attackers!

I'm actually really into the idea of short campaigns, especially the 1-2 hour time duration.  One of my worries about campaigns that will last for months is that I feel as if my total contribution won't be very high.  I only have a few hours a day to kill in video games and it's usually spread around and as hyped as I am for the game to come out, I really don't see that changing for me.  It would be cool to jump into a campaign and see it start to finish, being an integral part of it all. 

That being said, I also want to have a character parked in a 1-3 month long campaign.  I think that's the true beauty of having multiple characters in a game that doesn't have a level restriction system in place.  I can play each character differently.  One can be my short (5v5, 10v10) tactics, get the most kills, or whatever campaign character and one can be my in for the long haul main, while the third is a crafter of some kind.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

I think a week campaign minimum.

That way some organized groups have the time to setup and have these large scale skirmishes that seem really awesome to me.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I see no problem with week long Campaigns, but I do have something to say about them.  Week long Campaigns should not yield significant amounts of export.  Due to their fast nature, if these were to generate large amounts of materials, EK would be built as a ridiculously fast rate.  Therefore these week long Campaigns should yield trivial amounts to a player's account bank if the health of the EK requires it.

Now regarding hour long Campaigns.  If these are available, they should be practice matches at best, meaning no resources or materials as a reward.  Second, these Campaigns should not offer relevant information that could be used in month long Campaigns (Let's assume the standard Campaign duration to be three months).

The geography of hour long Campaigns should not reflect what we will see in standard Campaigns.  If players want to learn how to optimize play in a standard Campaign, they should do so by playing in one, not theory crafting in their 1 hour Campaign practice sessions.  Mini Campaigns (1 hour long) should probably work with a small world space (Since you can't really explore that much in 1 hour).

Third, if hour long Campaigns were to be implemented (Later on, since I assume these are a secondary feature at best if implemented), they would probably function as player started custom matches, not hop in Campaigns.

Conclusion

We want EK to grow at a steady rate (Not explode with wealth), and we want long duration Campaigns to be the most viable.

The reason why 6 month Campaigns should remain viable is because players want a feeling of persistence inside a Campaign, and these 6 month duration Campaigns give those players that much needed desire for persistent conflict which an EK cannot satisfy (Six months is plenty of time to feel meaning in infrastructure, skirmish victories, and political successes achieved within a Campaign).

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.