Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A9AM0use

Honor System

Honor System  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a system to keep track or how trustworthy/honorable a player is?

• Yes
    • No

Crowfall wants there to be lots of intrigue like back stabbing, alliances, and other player interactions. I suggest there be some sort of system to tell whether a player is trustworthy or untrustworthy so that it isn't a complete guess when you play with someone else. The system would keep track of who any player is affiliate with like faction and guild, it would tell how many times they had killed someone in their own party/guild/faction, and the more team kills a player had the redder their name would get.

There would also be a skill players could get that would let them turn their names green or red at their will.

Would this system be effective and/or add to the game?

I think this can be done internally by the players themselves.

Look at how Eve does it.

When you meet a new player, you know nothing about him or her except what you heard from others.

If you trust those others you trust their opinions else you will either take the risk and see what happens or not take the risk.

I do think it should be possible to have a list of 'contacts' that you can give a rating personally, just to help people remember who to trust.

Though this can be just as easily done on paper, it might be handy.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I think this can be done internally by the players themselves.

Look at how Eve does it.

When you meet a new player, you know nothing about him or her except what you heard from others.

If you trust those others you trust their opinions else you will either take the risk and see what happens or not take the risk.

I do think it should be possible to have a list of 'contacts' that you can give a rating personally, just to help people remember who to trust.

Yeah, individual players should need to form their own opinions on the other player they meet, rather than some strange aggregate "stat" that attempts to describe how likely you are to custard someone over.

Bad idea, you should learn who is who by communicating with other players, reputation systems are exploitable and only limit the immersion.

To support that there should be a way to tag players (with icon, color or a short text). Only you would be able to see them and they would work as reminders. I myself wouldn't be able to remember the hundreds variations of "Legolas". Instead, I could tag the player with an icon that tells me to be careful around him or something.

This would completely nullify any attempts at skullduggery or underhanded tactics by players who choose to engage in that type of playstyle. It would remove any chance whatsoever for anyone to be duped into a scam, betrayal, or theft. These are some of the things that the devs are looking to really emphasize so that the metagame is always intriguing and exciting.

"Are the guards I hired to protect my caravan trustworthy? Will they turn on me when the bandits show up?" "Can I trust the other guild leader to bring reinforcements when the time comes?" These are things that add flavor to the game, and make it more than just a button mashing 1337fest. Having a system in place which nullifies all that just knocks the legs out from under the core ideals of what the devs seem to be trying to achieve. Not everyone wants to play a white knight lawful good pally ranger, and thank goodness for that.

Arcahn.png

Please enable us to see who voted "Yes" so I can repeatedly graveyard camp them for the sake of dishonoring them.

I think this is sort of a neat idea. My main concern would be abuse of it. Anyone could honor a not so trustworthy player. Friends could all honor each other then scam people. You know what I am saying? Still I think it could be cool but a little worried on people misusing it. 

It would be abused to hell.

Edited by nehemia

yeah...allow me to state, as a Player....that ANY kind of "system" of this nature can and will be exploited hideously...

every time...

no exceptions....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Or someone can make a website for this in ~30 minutes.

This will get handled by the players, if players decide it's worth it.  Absolutely no reason for ArtCraft to build this into the game.

yeah...allow me to state, as a Player....that ANY kind of "system" of this nature can and will be exploited hideously...

every time...

no exceptions....

A+++ post will read again (also gave me cancer)

To support that there should be a way to tag players (with icon, color or a short text). Only you would be able to see them and they would work as reminders. I myself wouldn't be able to remember the hundreds variations of "Legolas". Instead, I could tag the player with an icon that tells me to be careful around him or something.

train your memory

Pen and paper! A player run website! A word processing program!  

Let me task out and control-f this real quick. poorly made socks I'm dead.

sucks to be you

Aww, I was hoping this would be a topic about some in-game system ala vanilla WoW honor system where you would be able to grind out cosmetic armors after 50k-100k-150k etc. kills.

No thanks to the system suggested by the OP.

7ug90hM.png