Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lyyti

Afk, Brb...

This has to be a troII topic, no one is this silly surely.

That's what the log out button is for, if you're too lazy to enter in your username and password to get back in...then god help your allies.

Edited by billybowl

I really can't say I like the sound of this. If whatever I need to get up for is actually important, I don't give a rat's ass about in-game consequences. If it's not, I can schedule accordingly like an adult, and not have these problems crop up. Problems solved. I despise the lazy notions of ruining other people's gameplay under some pathetic pretense, when personal responsibility and a good sense of perspective prevents any problems from existing to begin with.

Just bump up the low pings to the global average ping of the game. It'll never happen though.

for good reason...imo...

last thing i want in an action combat game is to be penalized for my good connection so the lagbeast from Thailand can compete on his dial up...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

for good reason...imo...

last thing i want in an action combat game is to be penalized for my good connection so the lagbeast from Thailand can compete on his dial up...

Well i could have said bump up the low ping to the 500 ping guy in Thailand on his dial-up :D . This is more about equality of gaming rather than making pings fair, it'll never happen. But i see it as a natural handicap, you should be finding creative ways around it, it makes you a better player and helps find that niche role that's unique to you. Kicking American arse on an American server with a 300 ping just makes the smackdown that much more enjoyable.

Edited by billybowl

I pee quite frequently. Can I get a 5 min invuln every 5 mins?

Sure we'll make it into one of your character flaws you can choose from at character creation, we'll name it weak bladder from pregnancy and it's gender locked to females only.

Sure we'll make it into one of your character flaws you can choose from at character creation, we'll name it weak bladder from pregnancy and it's gender locked to females only.

Sweet. How did you know I play female characters? Now to get that female minotaur unlocked so I can sell regular milk instead of man milk.

Logging out is the least clumsy thing you can do in a ffa full loot pvp game when you gotta take a dump. 5 mins isn't long either unless you wanna pop a lung. Take your time, wash your hands, make a sandwich, do some pushups and log back in.

How about we provide an AFK flag you can use to indicate you're afk, that way everyone will know you're not at the keyboard and will politely wait for you to come back before initiating combat.  Maybe even some kind of readycheck mechanic so that they can make sure you're ready to fight after coming back before doing anything?

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

There comes a time when playing any game that you need to step away from the keyboard. Whether it is to grab a drink, answer the phone, use the bathroom, or just stand up and stretch your legs (oh, and btw, did you know that prolonged periods of sitting are extremely bad for your health? Check out the explanation from ASAP Science: https://youtu.be/uiKg6JfS658 ). If you play for any significant length of time, you will encounter a situation where you are not in a position to quickly respond to danger to your character. This then brings the question, how to deal with these situations?

In a single player game you can pause the game. In a traditional mmo you can teleport back to town or another safe zone. However in Crowfall, there is no pause, there should be no safe zones. What then are the options? You could log out, I suppose, but that seems a bit clumsy. You could walk to an area controlled by your faction/friends and hope you don't get ganked while AFK, but that doesn't seem optimal either. Can you teleport back to your EK at any time while in a campaign? This would solve the problem, but I worry that it would be used as an escape mechanic, so I find that to also be a flawed solution.

My suggestion then is for players to have an invulnerability skill. Toggle it on and you are invulnerable for up to five minutes, but you cannot do anything in the game other than toggle the skill off – no skills, no chat, nothing. Perhaps your field of vision would also be reduced, and of course there would need to be a significant cooldown on the skill of say 60 minutes to prevent it from being abused. Also, the skill cannot be used when you are in combat.

Now I know that this probably isn't the best solution, but it is the best I can come up with. What do the rest of you think? Is there a better option out there or do you like the idea of an temporary invulnerability skill?

---

tl;dr:

Temporary invulnerability non-combat skill for when you need to step away from the keyboard briefly.  Good idea or is there a better option?

No.

Log, move, risk it, or just simply die and deal with it.

Edited by Delfofthebla

Wow.  I thought the Crowfall community was pretty decent until I saw the replies here.  I can honestly say I am quite disappointed by the lack of common courtesy displayed. This was intended as a serious suggestion to address what I perceived as a potential problem, and as such it was posted in the Suggestions forum.

To those few of you that gave serious feedback, thank you. 

To the rest of you, who used this topic only as an opportunity ridicule me, I can only hope mini Mr. T hunts you down in your sleep and chokes the stupid out of you.

GEex7.jpg

Don't judge the community based on Headlight and CYT. They've pretty much decided it is their job to mess with people xD

In this case, however, they are correct.

Log out if you want to go AFK safely. There's no reason to waste time and effort developing some sort of special case scenario when the obvious answer is already staring you in the face. Clicking "log out" is actually less clumsy and cumbersome than some kind of invlun mechanic that will most assuredly be abused rather than used for its intended purpose.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

In this case, however, they are correct.

Log out if you want to go AFK safely. There's no reason to waste time and effort developing some sort of special case scenario when the obvious answer is already staring you in the face. Clicking "log out" is actually less clumsy and cumbersome than some kind of invlun mechanic that will most assuredly be abused rather than used for its intended purpose.

I agree that the mechanic is a bad idea, but I don't want a player giving up on the game just for two trolls. I want them to give up on the game because of two bankers after the game is actually released. Just doing my bit to help ensure Crowfall gets funded.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Stupid trolls going to stupid troll.

I think a mechanic can be made here that would work but instead all you guys just look at his idea and say its a bad idea rather than coming up with something that would actually work.  You guys can just go gank yourselves.

This idea could work, but I think it should be something like you earn 1 min of AFK per 90 minutes of play and get a max of 3-5 minutes and you get a maximum of using 10 minutes of AFK in a 24 hour period.

Not everyone has their computer right next to the bathroom and has no kids.

Edited by Nautilus

tuxpi.com.1427682386_zpsbrw11ku6.jpg