Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coach

The Dreamlands (Dreamless Guild)

The greatest threat of The Hunger isn't the death of worlds or the corruption of life.  The greatest threat is that The Hunger steals our dreams.  We just want to dream and hope again, but who can look forward to the future when the present is so bleak and menacing.  Even the gods can't help, and in their desperate angst have commissioned us, the Eternal Champions, to solve their (our?) problem.   The Hunger steals our dreams, but we will persevere.  We will dream again.

((((all of the below is in the concept stage and may change slightly))))

The Dreamlands is the eternal kingdom that will house our guild.  Depending on game mechanics this could be three separate entities or one.  Also, we are reserving deity choice/focus or whether to even be aligned until further information is given to us.  We will have three foci: 

1) Who: Dreamless

What: Crafters/Traders/Resource Dealers 

Where: The Dreamlands eternal kingdom strives to be a major trading/crafting hub.

When: Crafting is a 24/7 business and Dreamless will have vendors stocked regardless of your playtimes

Why: If Crowfall crafting is ANYTHING like Star Wars Galaxies crafting, for those that know, that is the only "Why" needed

How: To accomplish this task we will be a public non-PvP eternal kingdom

Motto: "We will not sleep until we provide what you need"

2) Who: Dreamers (or Daydreamers?)

What: Rangers/Druids/Tamers/etc. (also roleplayers most likely to be in this group as they will try to tie into the plot)

Where: The Dreamers will play in Campaigns of their choosing catering to their professions' strengths (PvE/PvX focused, some PvP)

When: Mainly North America CST but with a vast overlap in times as our guys play all the time, looking to recruit all playtimes

Why: If Crowfall taming/training/reselling is ANYTHING like Star Wars Galaxies, for those that know, that is the only "Why" needed

How: "Saving" the animals and creatures by going to campaigns, taming and training them for pets/mounts to sell or keep

Motto: TBD - but something to do with preserving nature/animals or just roleplaying the containment of The Hunger

3) Who: Nightmare

What: All archetypes and most alignments

Where: The Nightmare will play in Campaigns of their choosing catering to their professions' strengths (PvP focused, some PvE)

When: Mainly North America CST but with a vast overlap in times as our guys play all the time, looking to recruit all playtimes

Why: It's fun sometimes to go just kill or be killed, and we will need a military branch to support the kingdom

How:  Nightmare will be involved knee-deep in everything, even up to the Dregs campaigns

Motto: TBD - but something a little darker than the first two mottos :)

We will be family friendly.  We'd love to have you if you and your family are planning on playing together.  This doesn't mean that an occasional slip by the adults will be looked down on because who doesn't lose their temper a little sometimes lol, but we will strive to maintain a PG-13 rating on Mumble/TS/etc.

Each of the three groups will support the other.  The crafters will take the resources provided by the PvE and PvP groups and turn it into equipment or buildings.  We will strive to have training skill % increase relics and artifacts of all Archetypes that we decide to support.  We are currently at over 100 parcels and about a dozen members mainly North America CST, but with a vast overlap in times as our guys play all the time.  We are looking to recruit all playtimes and archetypes.  We are fairly experienced in running MMO guilds with members from Star Wars Galaxies/Pathfinder Online/Star Citizen/GuildWars/etc.

and you get bonus points if you know why our leader changes his name to Kuranes when he dreams, the name of the Dreamlands' castle is Kadath, and the city's name is Celephais *wink*

PM me here for more details or questions that need answering not covered above.

edit 3/31 (fixed some typos)

Edited by coach

I will keep the member's name anonymous until given permission to acknowledge it publicly

coach

X****

Duffy

KarlBob

Rumze

S****

j***

R*******

c***

c***

Schliems

Samaric

Nayhon

Edited by coach

Great concept! 

Do you think they'll go full beastmaster on us a la SWG? I've seen the mounts/figurines and the pack pig but not sure I'm seeing much Creature Handler showing up show far.

I'm hoping they at least let it be a skill that can be trained, even if not integral to a Ranger or Druid class

and I'm hoping the SWG background of the developer here and alot of the playerbase clamor for it lol

Edited by coach

I love the way you have categorized the specialization in a cleverly organized way. For a balanced-guild, this is a very good structure. Good luck on building your EK!

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

thanks Eediom!

As my guildmates' archetype interests ebb and flow in between games they make it challenging sometimes to merge into one guild concept.  This one was easier than it probably looks lol

Very nice plan for a guild. Does your guild run in any other games now. This game does not start for maybe 2 years. it would be nice to see a bit or you before that.

Very nice plan for a guild. Does your guild run in any other games now. This game does not start for maybe 2 years. it would be nice to see a bit or you before that.

Well met Xyzzyn, some of us are currently playing in Pathfinder Online at this time

we played in SWGemu before that which is also still going on strong

have been afk alot this week because I am on vacation, but will definitely be updating this more when i get back on Monday 4/13

I will look into Pathfinder Online, it might be a something fun to do. I have played almost every major MMO, and now that the internet is on computers now, I will play more of them. It looks like in this game healing is not a big part of the game. I wonder what my druid will be. Enchanter?

Xyzzyn lemme see if i can get you a buddy invite to PFO

i have often wondered about CF's stance on healing but it looks like whatever limits there are, Druids will be the best at it

I like that they are involved in the lore about the Hunger

Dear Guildmaster

I would be delighted to join the party of dreamers, if you are willing to accept me as one of your own.

Truly yours,

Forni

Dear Guildmaster

I would be delighted to join the party of dreamers, if you are willing to accept me as one of your own.

Truly yours,

Forni

Welcome Forni!

if any guild members or prospective guild members (or anyone actually) wants a buddy key to play with us in Pathfinder Online beta let me know 

buddy key gets free 15 days then it is a paid beta after 15 days

your bonus for funding the beta with your sub is that your character doesn't wipe when live starts, so essentially you will start live with a veteran's amount of XP

not mandatory by any means

we also will have a presence in Star Citizen with Duffy leading the way on that

but as far as I've seen Crowfall will have most of our attention if they pull off what they have proposed

the future is bright

Good to see you will be carrying on, in Crowfall, what you have going in PFO. :) 

" I expected more from a Varsity Letterman "  the BClub