Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kia Ora!

ilfar

Greetings!

I've been playing MMOs since back in '04, mostly Eve Online (Minmatar Titan V trained up, just because - no one's gonna trust me with one of those things) and World of Warcraft.  Tried assorted other MMOs, always with the same problem - they're far too much a single player game for my tastes.  Haven't really had a really good time with other people since my MUD days (Realms of Despair if there's anyone that old round here).  :)

Hoping for something that gives an actual feel of community, having to rely on others to get stuff done, that horrible feeling of turning a corner and finding yourself in the middle of a gang of people who proceed to make it very clear you are NOT their friend.  An actual sense of loss on death, so that death is to be feared (seriously, why are people in WoW scared of death?!?)  Hopefully getting a chance at that lovely feeling when someone comes round the corner and you let them know they are not your friend ;)  You haven't lived till you've managed to limp your pod back from the outer reaches of null sec with a head full of implants (oh god, jump clone, knew I forgot to do something before we set out!)

Basically, a game WORTH spending my time on.  :3  I tend toward resource gathering/usage - I used to harvest ice in Eve till they reduced the cycle times and made it too accessible.  I LIKE doing the hard yards to get the goods.  :D  I'm just casual raiding in WoW as a way to feed my addiction for now.

And it is an addiction...

computer_setup_2014___november_edition_b

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

Good lord...

But welcome.  :)  You echo a lot of the reasons why I look forward to Crowfall, including harvesting with risk and a focus on cooperative play.  As fellow harvester, I'm curious as to what archetype tickles your fancy at this point?

Amazing what you can afford to buy when you don't drink or smoke ;)  It helps to run your own business and claim tax on your...  'office equipment'.  :D

At first glance I quite like the aesthetic of the Frostweaver, and they could be quite interesting if they have a bonus or two in the winter phase.  I'm quite happy to play for the long game and accept a harder start for a bit more power at the end-game stage of things.  At the end of the day, I'll be making my decision based on my Beta experience, coupled with the looks - If I'm going to be staring at a character for as long as I'm planning, I'll be wanting something I can appreciate staring at for hours.  Since I exclusively flew Minmatar ships, my definition of nice to look at may be a little...  skewed.  :P

I may even play the beta, realise I like whomping things on the head, and completely change my mind about what I want to do with my online life!  :3

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

Hello EvE Friend. o7

"Exclusively minmatar ships" Faction warfare? You'd mentioned cap losses in another post so I was wondering. Do cap ships come into play in FW?

Nah, I just liked the look of the Matari ships, if they hadn't done the ambulation thing and stripped out so many of the Voluval, including my one, I might still be playing :/

Never did get into Factional Warfare, the cap ship loss was a Nidhoggur I was bumming round in after my first big isotope sale - made a couple of billion when D2 were pushing through my area.  If the russian folk whose name I forget had held together longer than a few days I could have made more.  Ended up losing it over in Jans while I was ore thieving in a low sec warzone.  I'd only put a cap shield booster on it, and a bunch of basic modules I'd looted off rats, their response when they saw the fitting was beautiful :D

You haven't lived till you've decloaked a Nidhoggur 2.5km away from a Megathron mining Kernite and deployed drones.  :3

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

Hahaha, I love glory stories.

Oh my gosh, I'd love to see a mining mega killmail XD

So we have a 'Hel' in delve for roughly the same entertainment value. We got word that gate camp was on the other side of our 'Hel' system. Jumped that baby through the gates (we can do that now), bubbled the bad guys, and hilarity ensued.

Yeah, the uniquity dump they did was awful :(

Did you hear what they're doing now, remodeling Null Sec and Structures?

You can get cap ships through jumpgates now?  I kept telling everyone anything fits if you just push hard enough!  I can't think of too many gatecamps that would have been prepared for a mothership XD  Just the size of them alone is a bit terrifying, I remember running into a Gallente Mothership while I was trying to extricate my pod from a null sec op gone wrong (Target the Crow, he said, fire on the Crow, he said...  THE CROW HAD FRIENDS!).  WHY it was sitting next to that planet I'll have no idea, I didn't hang around to ask :P

I didn't wander into null sec too often, at first I was terrified of all the pirates, then I realised it's just boringly empty except for brief moments of terror.  Clone vats are terrible for your posture.  :P  Beyond keeping up with PoS fuel requirements I didn't pay too much attention to structures either.  Now that I think on it, I should have a well-researched fuel BPO lying round by now, it'll go nicely with the Gjallarhorn one, before they increased it's size so it wasn't a handy way to ship minerals round.

I lost connection with my toons after they made us all redo our portraits.  Couldn't get the same look, just didn't feel like my toon anymore.  And to have the Voluval (Matari face tattoos) all changed up, and most of them removed - including the Ray of Matar (THE most prestigious Voluval you could get) was...  BAH!  Not even my monocle could make up for it!

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

Eh, they changed research levels too. If you're going to resub on account of your PS'd you might want to brace yourself XD

See, your view on Null-sec is mine on Hi-Sec. At least in 0.0 you know who's trying to kill you XD ... everyone.

(Edit: For scale those are vexors!)

You can get cap ships through jumpgates now?  I kept telling everyone anything fits if you just push hard enough!

7jgia1v.jpg

Edited by fawne

I get the very strong feeling I don't want to see what's happened to my library of well-researched BPOs XD

Heh, that Avatar reminds me, I got my name on the wall of the dead in Clear Skies 3.  I assume a very large drunken transaction was involved in that, but I honestly can't remember XD

There's just something awesome about having ships that big in a game, even if you're just flying past one :3

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

Now I'm going to have to re-watch that again just to see. Unless >.> You're hoffa.

A friend of mine has her ugly mug on the flash-through of 'survivors' because she was in the creators corp. She made it the ugliest she possibly could and you see it for maybe a second, but it's there. Himynameis pewpew, maybe you two knew each other?

Yes, a lot has changed, and a lot more is changing. MOMs got shrunk because their smart bomb radius was broken voodoo. Crow, Gila, Onerios got a smexy, smexy new update. 2 new 'pirate' factions Mordu's Legeon and SOE got their own frigs/cruiser/bs now. They're pretty. Research and Resources were capped on blueprints. They've shrunk the jump-max to 5 light years with JDCL5/5, they added a 'jump fatigue' now similar to mental whiplash that keeps you from chaining from cyno to cyno. Certain NPC battleships have doomsday devices now, they snatch bodies. CCP made an in-game-book about how terrible Sort Dragon is. The Russians are trying to make a comeback... again... and soon we won't have to reinforce stations, we'll be able to hack them, and ihubs, and I think something somewhere said something about SBU's and TCU's vanishing.

Oh yeah, and either CCP Fozzie quit, or that's the meanest april fools joke they could have swung at us.

You're right, the first day  I had my thanny I took it for a very short joy ride, did a few sites, warped to a safe to get a wall paper shot, put it in the POS to go get some coffee (the water of life) and came back to see a corp titan next to it. Suddenly it didn't feel so impressive.

I'm still not sure how we got that Avatar through the gate.

Nah, nobody that famous.  I only really knew folk in Matari Empire chat.  You can tell the really old fogies in there, scream "The ice must floe!" at em and you'll never convince em you're not another one of my alts :P  Most of the Great Old Ones were missing last time I poked my nose into the game.  :(

I can still text a mate "HOW MUCH?!?" and send him into fits of laughter even after all these years, that's the sign of a great movie :D

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

The power bill only goes up by about a hundred dollars a month when I move into a house, that's not too much of a hazard, is it?

That stuffed panda used to ride around peeking out of the top of my laptop bag, we had a kid come through the Subway I was working the tills at once with a little stuffed teddy she was making wave at everyone as they served her parents.  I had time to grab the panda, when the girl waved her little teddy at me I waved right back with my little panda.

Five dollar tip, totally worth the ribbing from the workmates :P

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...