Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EDM

Your Top Game (The Game You Are Best At)

I can't really think of a game I'm not good at....

But the games I've put the most time into are the ones I was probably best at. The original DF, Crusader Kings 2, and Call of Duty 2. 1v1 100k bro?

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Shadowbane probably first, then maybe Warcraft 2, Age of Empires 2, Europa Universalis 4 and Mount and Blade Warband somewhere after that.

Which service did you play warcraft 2 on and what was your handle?

Depends on what time of my life up to this point. In middle school I played essentially any turn-based strategy game I could get my hands on, as much as possible. I managed to get to 3-dan Amateur rank playing Go and only ever lost Civilization 3 games against my friends when I got a bad start and they all focused on killing me before I could stabilize.

In high school and college I switched it up and began playing a lot of action combat and fighting games. I won an "unofficial" state wide Soul Calibur 2 tournament that was organized by a fan forum. I won the official sponsored regional tournament for Super Smash Bros on the Wii when Gamestops hosted them on the release date, but then could not go to the state level one. While I was in college the Student Life committee hosted a miniature Evo-esque fighting game tournament and I wiped the floor with Soul Calibur 4, not even losing a single round, let alone a match. Also I played all the Monster Hunter games that were released in North America and, in particular, put about 2,000 hours into the Freedom Unite title on the PSP.

If we are going purely on hours put into a single game that honor would have to go to Dwarf Fortress though. Since its launch close to a decade ago I have to say I have probably legitimately put close to 15,000 hours into the game.

If we are going purely on hours put into a single game that honor would have to go to Dwarf Fortress though. Since its launch close to a decade ago I have to say I have probably legitimately put close to 15,000 hours into the game.

And the time flew, am I right? Always something else to do. Always another level to dig or more rooms to assign or whatever. So absorbing.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.