Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zoltariel's Introduction

I should finally do one of these, yes?

Hi everyone! I'm Jewel, 27 and live near St. Louis on the Illinois side. Grew up near Richmond, VA but married a Navy guy so we have been all over. I have two boys 7 and 1 and other than gaming I enjoy cycling, yoga, cooking, and beer.

I have been playing video games since I was a kid and still have my Nintendo entertainment system with a good fifty or so games. Still works! I was mainly into console growing up as we only really had a family computer. But around the time I graduated I had my own PC and would play Diablo 2 and World of Warcraft on it.

Over the last 10 years I really started trying new things and just about any MMO that released. Currently I just play FFXIV and Heroes of the Storm but have my eye on Star Citizen, Crowfall, and Revival. As I grow older it seems my tastes change. Where I was once into MMOs like World of Warcraft which I still am into this type of game I find myself craving something darker, harder, and challenging. I am more interested in exploring, story, crafting, and player versus player and less interested in the raid grind of boss farming.

I am really looking forward to getting to know the community here and the coming news and progression of Crowfall. 

Nice to meet you Zoltariel!

I hope Crowfall does become that darker, harder, and challenging game you are looking for. I think that's what we all have been craving, and it feels good to be among like minded players that are looking forward to something we can all enjoy together!

Now, the real question, do you have an original gold Legend of Zelda cartridge in that Nintendo collection?!

Now, the real question, do you have an original gold Legend of Zelda cartridge in that Nintendo collection?!

I sadly don't have it with me. I remember having it and it's most likely at my grandmother's house. I did have it!

Are you also Laughter?  It lists that name in prior name history.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Are you also Laughter?  It lists that name in prior name history.

Yep! I did some rebranding. I had an old intro but decided to re-do it. I found having a name like that was hard to claim in games and wanted something a little more original.

Yep! I did some rebranding. I had an old intro but decided to re-do it. I found having a name like that was hard to claim in games and wanted something a little more original.

Well then, no welcome needed LOL   You  have been here since almost day 1 :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Hello Zol.  Catching up on some of these intro threads.

What'd your husband do in the Navy?  I spent a bit over a decade in, so know the ins and outs of Navy life.

[@--(o.O)@]

Hello Zol.  Catching up on some of these intro threads.

What'd your husband do in the Navy?  I spent a bit over a decade in, so know the ins and outs of Navy life.

He was a Nuclear Electrician on a submarine. He studied engineering so I am not sure if it was an electrician or an engineer as his proper job title because now he Electrical Maintenance Supervisor. I think it was electrician in the Navy as well and he went to school for engineering. Ha ha.. it's early in the morning. *hides*

Edited by Zoltariel

He was a Nuke EM then, assuming he went to school in Goose Creek, SC, and then probably up to New England somewhere for sub school.  I have a brother that did the same thing as him.

Also, yes...the Navy is weird about schooling.  I went to a school titled Advanced Electronics Computer Field (AECF).  So computers, right?  Wrong!  It really meant electronic technician, which really meant electronic components (transistors, capacitors, logic circuits, etc).  Then I was thrown on an ampib with a bunch of Marines, worked on SATCOM, and captained a 25MM and twin .50 cal mount.

[@--(o.O)@]

He was a Nuke EM then, assuming he went to school in Goose Creek, SC, and then probably up to New England somewhere for sub school.  I have a brother that did the same thing as him.

Also, yes...the Navy is weird about schooling.  I went to a school titled Advanced Electronics Computer Field (AECF).  So computers, right?  Wrong!  It really meant electronic technician, which really meant electronic components (transistors, capacitors, logic circuits, etc).  Then I was thrown on an ampib with a bunch of Marines, worked on SATCOM, and captained a 25MM and twin .50 cal mount.

Yep! I remember him talking about going to school for it and we met up in Groton CT when he was stationed there. Lived near Seattle before he got out and now we are in St. Louis. I'm from Virginia though!

Quietly lurking, articulate, and a ban hammer...impressive combo.  :)

Seriously, thank you for the work you do on the forums and thank you for taking the time to post an intro here with the rest of us.

Quietly lurking, articulate, and a ban hammer...impressive combo.   :)

Seriously, thank you for the work you do on the forums and thank you for taking the time to post an intro here with the rest of us.

Thanks! I am a lurker. I read a lot but not so much with the thought giving. Usually busy so i'll browse and check up on things a few times a day.

I should finally do one of these, yes?

Hi everyone! I'm Jewel, 27 and live near St. Louis on the Illinois side. Grew up near Richmond, VA but married a Navy guy so we have been all over. I have two boys 7 and 1 and other than gaming I enjoy cycling, yoga, cooking, and beer.

I have been playing video games since I was a kid and still have my Nintendo entertainment system with a good fifty or so games. Still works! I was mainly into console growing up as we only really had a family computer. But around the time I graduated I had my own PC and would play Diablo 2 and World of Warcraft on it.

Over the last 10 years I really started trying new things and just about any MMO that released. Currently I just play FFXIV and Heroes of the Storm but have my eye on Star Citizen, Crowfall, and Revival. As I grow older it seems my tastes change. Where I was once into MMOs like World of Warcraft which I still am into this type of game I find myself craving something darker, harder, and challenging. I am more interested in exploring, story, crafting, and player versus player and less interested in the raid grind of boss farming.

I am really looking forward to getting to know the community here and the coming news and progression of Crowfall. 

Man you changed your name again? 

Whats good Jewel ;)

• 2 weeks later...