Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Tera (Free To Play)

Since Crowfall is going to have similar combat mechanics, many of us decided to give it a try..

It's painful to level up though, as everything else in the game is pure crap.

I brought an archer to lvl 15 and a warrior to 10, and I am seriously considering suicide.

Does anyone have accounts with high lvld chars, that are worth nothing and mind sharing?

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Gonna have to deal with that grind! I quit around 40, but mostly cause i was more interested in GW2 and also i had exactly zero friends in Tera, so coupled with grind and questing, said nuff is nuff and up and left. But overall i dont think its a bad game in anyway. I just like to play MMO with people lol.

krevra.png

I quit around the time I got into the main city. Ended up running around jumping out of the map.

Then uninstalled the game.

For what its worth, that games got some awesome glitch out of the map spots. Main one being under the main city...

Though the message board was cool too. (In first zone after tut area.)

Edited by kiroelmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Yeah, the mindless fan service, clipping errors, and general audience kinda put me off TERA around level 35. Don't get me wrong, the game is gorgeous, but the fact that you can reach 35 after maybe 20 hours of gameplay ....

Its a game with fantastic combat and absolutely awsome graphics destroyed by the grind and lack of end game content.

Tera could have been so much more, but it falls in the korean style mmo trap of having to grind for 50 years to get the best stuff.

We are going to see this with newer mmos coming out of Korea aswell, Black Desert is shaping up to be a Tera clone.

35 after 20 hours of gameplay doesn't sound too grindy. I mean I hate PvE too, so maybe i forget how long 20 hours of grinding is.

Costumes are interesting lol   Or should I what little there are of them.....................

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

My experience with Tera...

no class is terribly fun before 20.  Lancers are AWFUL until 20.  Slayers begin to be fun around...  12 or 16 (I forget which).  Warriors' speed makes them relatively fun, but you have to be okay with staying on the move *constantly*.  Berserkers are fun and with the abilities that they can charge up tend to be rather strong as well.  But they're terribly slow and limited blocking.  Sorcerers are mindblowingly powerful once they get their big AoE skill (Fireblast).  Priests are good for healing, but not worth soloing as.  If you're playing with people that's another story.  I hated my archers.  I made a couple and just never could really get into them.  They can be okay with AoE, but they ramp up slowly.  I never really did a Mystic.

Lastly, the reaper.  Never played it but a friend of mine has one and does just absurd damage with her.  It's lolli locked though.  (Have to play as an Elin - unless that's been changed in the last few months.)

The Lancer ended up being my favorite class, with Slayer and Berserker as seconds.  Lancer kills a bit slowly though, so you have to accept that...  but with decent gear you can solo basically anything you need to.  (Well, if you play REALLY well you can with about anything...  but I'm just not that good.  :P  )

(The TERA community is pretty awful too.  Immediately turn off the general chats before your eyes bleed and your brain melts.  Also, PvPing can be a huge pain.  In duels I've had abilities pass harmlessly through my target.  I just stopped trying to PvP.)

Edited by rhone

Also wanted to add...  1-10 on Newbie Island is tedious.  Once you do it enough you can run through it in like an hour, but at the beginning it's a pain in the arse.  Having a membership helps LOADS for higher up leveling because you get the book (atlas I think?) that allows you to teleport to any city or outpost, which makes questing quite fast.  Also, make SURE you get your mount when you get to the main city.  There should be an NPC that gives you a quest for it just outside of where you land.  It's not a terribly fast mount but, again, helps speed things up.

Also, I play on Celestial Falls and can help burn anyone though dungeons for quest completion if requested.

Got it downloaded.  Was planning on playing a little bit tonight.  Any server recommendations or any other tips? 

Tried it way back in beta with archer.  Got to level 10 and quit because generic questing was painful.  Wanting to get back in just to play with combat system.

I really wanted to like Tera. I played off and on enough to log around 600 hours on raptr but never made it to max level. I think my highest is 45 and then I have a few alts around 30. Combat was amazing but something just made me quit.

I never multiboxed.  My "main" (Lancer) is max level, my Slayer is 52 or 53, my Berserker is 42 or 43, Warrior is about the same.  Questing is generic, kill this, collect this, and usually it's back and forth.  *Shrugs*  Some of the end game dungeons are fun, but overall it's not a game that keeps your attention long enough to truly stick with it.  ESPECIALLY once you get into enchanting the high end gear.  Then it's a freaking unreasonable time and money sink and a roll of the dice (maybe it'll enchant, maybe not, but you get to spend 800g on each try regardless).  Grindier and grindier.  I dumped my Slayer at 50 and picked up Lancer and never looked back.  I got my Slayer just a couple of levels since then.  Being a Lancer and tanking a boss or a BAM (Big bottom Monster) truly makes you feel like a badass.

Celestial Hills is the "RP" server, which means slightly less of the crap crowd...  but of course it's still there.  *Shrug*

Tera is coded poorly and has awfuly memory management.  When I played I would alt-tab a lot and the game would crash out on me regularly.

But I mean, it's free so what the hell, right?  Just, don't judge your character before at least level 20.  All classes are pretty lack luster at the beginning.

Edited by rhone

Get the elite pack for 14.99 you level fast. Or if you have an account buy a 7 day 100% xp potion. I have a 60 slayer and 65 berserker. You can go 1 to 65 fairly quickly 2 to 3 days played time if you do it right.

It is actually a pretty fun game at end game. I love my berserker. It's something to do. I am also on the Mount Tyrannosaurus pvp server. It define try is skill based combat because if you are good you can kill someone 5 levels higher.

65?  They raised the level cap?

Poop.

Also, I have to advise away from PvP server...  especially if you're unfamiliar with the game and just want something to play for a little bit.  As I mentioned before, I found PvP to be painful.  Some classes are awesome at it, some are terrible.  Hit box size differences, speed differences...  bah.  I've never been able to land a successful leash, even in dueling.  It'll go right on through my target though.

Edited by rhone

65?  They raised the level cap?

Poop.

Yeah for the Fate of Arun expansion

Cap went up in december. It really made the classes different. The new content at least on my server has a lot of people in it. It is define try not a dead game that is for sure.