Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Tera (Free To Play)

I am still on Mount Tyrannas. My lowbie twink, had a huge amount of fun yesterday with the gunner release.

He is currently sitting at 9999 infamy (max)!

If any of you other crowfallers want to run anything, shout up in this thread! I just got my zerker renegade weapon on Monday, although x20 failures to get it to +13 is pain.

"Proud" owner of the domains : http://www.crowfall2.com and http://www.guinecean.com

I'm curious how folks with +15 renegade stuff are generating the gold for it, outside of the ones who just sell cash shop items.

lil worried yall are saying pvp was iffy and then are saying to copy tera for pvp in crowfall.

worried yo

The combat itself is great.

It's just that the game company basically holds the combat hostage as a way to force you to grind for gear so you can actually compete in the PvP.

Just started playing and I have to say, the combat is fun as custard.  Not really sure what I'm doing or even how the game works, but I am thoroughly enjoying running around killing stuff. 

Edited by Abel

I just started playing on MT and I've been PK'ing some people here and there in between quests. I hate how sometimes they just run away into a safe zone. Looking forward to Crowfall for that reason, my god. I got denied a glorious kill mere inches away from his face by some high player one shotting me, it sucked. So I made up for that by killing more people~

Feel like it's straight out of a .hack textbook Player Killer role.

Anyways, I'm a level 20 slayer, and I love the combat at least. Looking to do dungeons soon, add me, IGN Saesia. Am also playing with a friend, so we can party up.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I'm curious how folks with +15 renegade stuff are generating the gold for it, outside of the ones who just sell cash shop items.

Running dungeons daily, with instance reset scrolls.

If you instance reset x2 daily as an elite subscruber, you can run x12 RG, x6 BRNM, x6 SCNM, etc etc etc.

After each instance, remember to claim the Vanguard quest rewards. This will gain you the t5 feedstock which can be converted to t6 (for free), but at a loss of ~84%.

The alkahest needed to go along with the awakaned enchanting is pretty common in-game, there were events on the lead up to this patch that gave "jackpot" prizes of ~1k alkahests to help this process. Although having said that, I have now failed 45 times to awaken enchant one of my items, I hit a +13, but as you know failing after resets it to +12.

Approximate maths for the cost of this failure (excluding the alks);

• 1000 feedstock to awaken
  • 9000 feedstock in failed enchants (45*200)
  • 20 gold per t6 feedback (per current broker price)
  • = 200,000 gold.

It's a shame, exactly the point made by Nick, the PvP content is fuelled by PvE. But the combat is awesome.

TERA is ruined by its awful reliance on RNG.

"Proud" owner of the domains : http://www.crowfall2.com and http://www.guinecean.com

How does that stack up to just making a Reaper and taking it to the end of the storyline? I tested that out with Elite and it was about 11k gold and 3,000 Vanguard credits in a day.

A couple friends of mine and I started playing a couple days ago.  We're about level 23-ish, though we're in Lake of Tears as opposed to Mount Tyrannus.  I'm playing a Lancer currently, and though it was a bit difficult to get the hang of, I've gotten quite good at using it.  I am severely displeased by the sheer power of the Gunner class though.  Rediculous mobility, heavy armor, large AoE attacks, and enough damage to immediately lop off half of a tanky Lancer's health in one hit, all in one character.  While I really don't expect to beat one with my fat, immobile ass, I'm having trouble even coming up with a single weak point in the class.  

Ugh. I didnt like the game before, but that laughable "gunner" class? I dont know whats worse, the class itself, or that its an elf class. Would of maybe made more sense as a DWARF but noooo. Screw them u.u

A couple friends of mine and I started playing a couple days ago.  We're about level 23-ish, though we're in Lake of Tears as opposed to Mount Tyrannus.  I'm playing a Lancer currently, and though it was a bit difficult to get the hang of, I've gotten quite good at using it.  I am severely displeased by the sheer power of the Gunner class though.  Rediculous mobility, heavy armor, large AoE attacks, and enough damage to immediately lop off half of a tanky Lancer's health in one hit, all in one character.  While I really don't expect to beat one with my fat, immobile bottom, I'm having trouble even coming up with a single weak point in the class.  

Gunner was so faceroll easy that I quit playing it in the mid 20s and went back to my sorc. The class does more damage with instants than sorc does with 4 second cast time nukes. Sorc may be crazy underpowered, but at least it's enjoyable to play.

OJN1n7E.png

If you wanna kill time, I'd suggest something other than tera. Tera offers a lot of options for gameplay but it sure was a pain to grind.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

dang, i wish there was a good mmo with a gun wielding type class

i tried wildstar but it's a messss

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

If you wanna kill time, I'd suggest something other than tera. Tera offers a lot of options for gameplay but it sure was a pain to grind.

The grind's really not bad at all right now.  My friends and I are seven levels over-leveled for the area we're in because of the month long double XP event currently running.  

That said, I can still quite easily say the gunner class is the worst thing that could have happened to the game.  Its toolbox is essentially unlimited and its damage is through the roof.  It's entirely self-sufficient and has no real weaknesses whatsoever.  On top of the things I listed in my previous post, I've also discovered it has AoE CC abilities as well as the ability to spawn a minion that not only adds to the Gunner's DPS, but also has the ability to heal the Gunner at a decent rate.  The only thing I have yet to see the Gunner do is melee, but that doesn't matter because it doesn't have to aim its attacks beyond pointing them in a target's general direction.  

I made a warrior on Mount Tyrannas who's up to level 24.  It seems like a pretty generic MMO with the exception of the combat, which makes the came totally worth playing.  I can imagine things getting a bit stale once the freshness of the combat wears off but so far I'm really enjoying things.  

Edited by Abel