Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Tera (Free To Play)

Hey, what all servers are you guys on? If we're spread all over the place it might be cool to make a crowfall takeover guild or something, or if most of us are on the same one we could roll from there.

Edit. I've got toons around 35 on US servers Lake of Tears and the RP one

Edited by fawne

Like a lot of players I downloaded TERA to get a sense of Crowfalls combat system. I uninstalled it the same day.

Will be sticking to wildstar as its pretty much better in every respect

7d4g0V5.png

Like a lot of players I downloaded TERA to get a sense of Crowfalls combat system. I uninstalled it the same day.

I'm sure everybody here is happy they don't have to play with you!

cheers man

Opinions are like unpleasant people...

I hated Wildstar.  I found Tera to be the far superior game despite its flaws.

OK a few comments after reading this thread. Quick answers to some comments/questions:

- Dual Boxing is allowed in NA TERA. You can log in with up to 5 or 10 accounts a day (I forget) before they lock you out. So feel free to ask questions on forums about that. Most recent post by the Support team on the rules for that are here - http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Policy-Clarification-Botting-Macroing-Multiboxing?page=1. It's a big no-no in EU TERA.

- RE: going through people while Dueling. Make sure not to duel in a safe zone as collision detection is turned off there. Check your minimap and you'll see an icon that's either red or white. White is safe zone.

- Aside from the code for 3 days of Elite Status, items like the teleport map, XP boosts, etc. can be purchased off the Auction House. There's also an NPC In towns named Tikat that takes Federation Bills (you earn these once a day for logging in, they arrive in your in game mail). You can purchase some goodies there such as those teleport maps, but I think those may be single use?

All classes are fine for PvP. Some are easier than others for sure, and some are better at large scale or smaller scale. Server to play on is Mount Tyrannus in NA (I believe for you Euros, Killian is the best PvP server). Make sure to get your Outlaw skill so you can flag for PvP. You can be attacked by anyone if you're outside a safe zone if they're flagged (even if you're not). The flag only let's you attack other people. Think of it as a FF toggle. Level 30 is the first BG, Corsair's Stronghold. Most people will do OwPvP in channel 1 so your best chances of finding people while questing is there. People will go to other channels to hide from PvP typically.

Oh for the download, make sure to use either the Full (regular) Download, or the Torrent. The streaming download that uses Happy Cloud is notoriously buggy, so just pretend it doesn't exist.

Someone asked who has high level toons on that server. I do as well as Deioth and Vunak and obviously Fruitfly. I'm sure more do but those are the ones I know off the top of my head.

Edited by leiloni

btw, someone pick a euro server, so at least we can PvP together without having to grind for gear...

maybe I'll reach max lvl in a cpl of months ;)

I'm going on a EU server.

I have just never played the game before so I might not be of any help :rolleyes:

Edited by suckingdoge

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I'm going on a EU server.

I have just never played the game before so I might not be of any help :rolleyes:

I'm clueless as well, that's why I thought we could at least fight each other then, without having to worry about gear and other nonsense.

I'm clueless as well, that's why I thought we could at least fight each other then, without having to worry about gear and other nonsense.

True.

Though I doubt I'll be worrying about the gear in Tera to begin with as I'll probably mostly play it to pass the time. ;)

Also, isn't fighting together better than fighting each other?

Not sure how possible or good it is in Tera though.

Edited by suckingdoge

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

True.

Though I doubt I'll be worrying about the gear in Tera to begin with as I'll probably mostly play it to pass the time. ;)

Also, isn't fighting together better than fighting each other?

Not sure how possible or good it is in Tera though.

no idea, hehe

You go ahead and pick a server... make us proud!

no idea, hehe

You go ahead and pick a server... make us proud!

I will not dissapoint, good sir!

I hope...

A solid quote, I'd say.

If you go on an RP server, is PvP limited to only duels? What's the difference between a PvP server and the rest? Are you ganked all the time?

Yes and No. PvE and RP servers are duels and battlegrounds only. PvP servers you can PvP anyone not in a safe zone as long as you are flagged. I made a big post a few posts up with a lot of answers to questions. 

Edited by leiloni

Yes and No. PvE and RP servers are duels and battlegrounds only. I made a big post a few posts up with a lot of answers to questions. 

Ah yeah, misread. So you have to get that outlaw skill for PvP servers? So they flag themselves for PvP, but more or less saying "I'm coming to get ya" since they can attack whoever they want while they are flagged, but if you're not flagged, you can still be a victim?

Ah yeah, misread. So you have to get that outlaw skill for PvP servers? So they flag themselves for PvP, but more or less saying "I'm coming to get ya" since they can attack whoever they want while they are flagged, but if you're not flagged, you can still be a victim?

Yes correct. Anyone not in a safe zone can be attacked at any time. If someone attacks you, obviously you can fight back. If you want to go out and be the aggressor, you need to flag red. The only thing it really does is prevent unintentional friendly fire basically. But since it's a toggle with basically no cooldown, you can toggle it on and off very easily and quickly. You don't really need to worry about being attacked constantly on PVP servers. You can level in channel 1 and see enough PvP, but if you want to quest in peace, any other channel will be better for that since most players in other channels are also trying to avoid PVP. Just avoid the bridge outside Lumbertown, as some dumb ganking does happen there. It's really the first place newbies have to go when the first enter a PvP zone, so naturally there is some camping there.

Edited by leiloni

(The TERA community is pretty awful too.  Immediately turn off the general chats before your eyes bleed and your brain melts.  Also, PvPing can be a huge pain.  In duels I've had abilities pass harmlessly through my target.  I just stopped trying to PvP.)

Your General Chat issue is cause you're on the RP server. They're a little weird. Not saying Mount Tyrannus is a bed of roses, but it's much more typical of MMO's and the interwebs lol, so it's not bad really.