Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Tera (Free To Play)

Should get all of us there. Release some forum stress. lol

heh heh, people that get stressed on forums generally aren't the type that fare very well in pvp games. 

...but it's much more typical of MMO's and the interwebs lol, so it's not bad really.

That would make it worse, in fact.   :P

Just want to point out, if you hit level 65 you should definitely check out the weekly Alliance conflicts. I think it's as close as you'll get to the kind of large-scale conflict that CF promises in Tera. Potentially it's 120v120v120, but I don't think we had much more than 60 people show for our alliance. Still, it was a lot of fun, and I learned a bunch about how to work with the combat mechanics in big groups.

Just want to point out, if you hit level 65 you should definitely check out the weekly Alliance conflicts. I think it's as close as you'll get to the kind of large-scale conflict that CF promises in Tera. Potentially it's 120v120v120, but I don't think we had much more than 60 people show for our alliance. Still, it was a lot of fun, and I learned a bunch about how to work with the combat mechanics in big groups.

There's that and there's the GvG system which is also a big thing.

I can't stand the rooting during animations.  I leveled 4 classes to 10 and it was the same for every class:

press action, rooted, move next action rooted.

Why is it so hard to just let me jump and swing wildly, it's literally 10x more fun.

Edited by facerip

I can stand the rooting during animations.  I leveled 4 classes to 10 and it was the same for every class:

Why is it so hard to just let me jump and swing wildly, it's literally 10x more fun.

Look man it's more tactical, twitch takes no skill. 

I can't stand the rooting during animations.  I leveled 4 classes to 10 and it was the same for every class:

Wow, really?  Level 10?  I admire your dedication.

Animation lock was already discussed anyhow.

Look man it's more tactical, twitch takes no skill. 

Uh, wrong.  Twitch absolutely takes skill...  just different skill.

I got a 50 zerker... Nice Dps, but when everyone just points and laughs at you because you cant gap close its not fun ( that might of changed over the years ) I would just stand next to healers and hit the people that came to beat on him lol. 

Wow, really?  Level 10?  I admire your dedication.

Animation lock was already discussed anyhow.

Uh, wrong.  Twitch absolutely takes skill...  just different skill.

I tried 4 classes to level 10.  It was enough to understand that I can't stand stopping and watching for 2 seconds every 2 seconds for the entire grind.

Seriously, try Wildstar. So much better. It's not like Wildstar was my first and only MMO so its all I like cause I dont know any better.

I tried TERA when it first came out, years before Wildstar, and I quit then as quickly as I quit last week. Animation lock is for less skilled players who can't hit moving targets so they need their opponents rooted.

Wildstar's trial is totally free.

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetrial/

Edited by Evade2015

7d4g0V5.png

I tried 4 classes to level 10.  It was enough to understand that I can't stand stopping and watching for 2 seconds every 2 seconds for the entire grind.

The fact that you feel the way a game is at level 10, is the way it's going to be the entire time, shows you know little to nothing about action combat games.

Also, Wildstar is a crap game.   :(   I waited so long for it to come out and hated every moment that I played it.  It manages to feel even more grindy than Tera does.

Edited by rhone

It manages to feel even more grindy than Tera does.

Impossible. I got to level cap in Wildstar in less than 2 days on my first time through. Some players have done it in less that 24 hours. And it's even easier now as they've boosted the Exp gain.

I would love to know your true experience. My guess is you did the first dungeon at 20, got owned by the first boss, and quit.

I wouldn't blame you. 1000's of people did the same. Game was extremely hard at launch. Much easier now as gear itemization and character abilities are way better

Edited by Evade2015

7d4g0V5.png

Impossible. I got to level cap in Wildstar in less than 2 days on my first time through. Some players have done it in less that 24 hours. And it's even easier now as they've boosted the Exp gain.

I didn't say it IS more grindy, I said it *feels* more grindy.  And funny that it's so "impossible" but no one I know plays that silly game any longer or even made it to level cap.  But, at least they stuck it out for more than 10 levels.

You know my true experience.  I played, I hate it, I stopped.  It was unfun.  I don't quit if a boss beats me, I'm not a loser.  I quit if a game isn't fun, no matter how good (or bad) I am at it.  That's also why I quit ArcheAge, because it was crap.  I'm exceptional at the game (particularly PvP)...  but I didn't like it.  Buuuut, you must know my experience better than I do, so by all means...  keep at it.

I tried it out about a year ago. Got a Sorc to mid 40s and a priest to mid teens. Not having any friends to play with and genuinely hating every person I encountered in game made the level grind unbearable.

If there's a large enough group to have regular groups to level, do dungeons and PvP with, I would probably give the game another shot. Combat was really enjoyable.

I'm on Mt Tyrannas.

OJN1n7E.png

Started up on the RP server. Slayer and Sorcerer. Wanted to try Mystic too, but apparently limited to two character slots. Which is silly, since you could just create another account, it's free. So why limit slots?

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

yo, someone pick an EU server ffs...

I thought I delegated the job =/

The one I was playing on should be Killian (PVP with higher population), but I won't know for sure until I come back at my place in 2-3 days.

I am willing to change server anyway, if someone is kind enough to lend me a high lvl character. :P

y9tj8G5.png